Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

crgreen

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #560 on: January 01, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »
Short walk to Temple, so....

“@sheedjordan: When I go to college who gone come visit me???”

Sounds like he's saying he isn't going to college in his hometown.  Promising...

My point, hope so.
Nice recovery paultzman, I took your post to mean you meant the opposite-that it looks like Temple. :) :) :)

Report on the Bruin Scout site that Rysheed's now waiting till spring to declare (a change from his quote 3 weeks ago that "it could happen anytime".  Scout's take is it's to see how the coaching situation at UCLA shakes out before making a final decision.   Of course the fanboard is going nuts trying to interpret if that means he would WANT to play for Howland, and won't decide till he knows he'll still be there, or whether it's a wait and see who would replace him.

I think it means it ain't Temple.   No need to wait, if that's the final choice.  I think it's wait on UCLA for the Coaching situation, and wait on St. Johns to better evaluate Branch's impact.   I think he wan't to see the Johnnies play another 20+ games, get a feel for whether Jamal is serious competition for the same position, or if he's someone who could compliment Rysheed on the court.  (While it CAN be a problem, two guards with PG skills ain't necessarily  a bad thing - I'm sure Coach Lavin has already reminded young Jordan of his two years with Baron Davis and Earl Watson as his starting backcourt)....

MCNPA

« Reply #561 on: January 01, 2013, 06:58:38 PM »
Short walk to Temple, so....

“@sheedjordan: When I go to college who gone come visit me???”

Sounds like he's saying he isn't going to college in his hometown.  Promising...

My point, hope so.
Nice recovery paultzman, I took your post to mean you meant the opposite-that it looks like Temple. :) :) :)

Report on the Bruin Scout site that Rysheed's now waiting till spring to declare (a change from his quote 3 weeks ago that "it could happen anytime".  Scout's take is it's to see how the coaching situation at UCLA shakes out before making a final decision.   Of course the fanboard is going nuts trying to interpret if that means he would WANT to play for Howland, and won't decide till he knows he'll still be there, or whether it's a wait and see who would replace him.

I think it means it ain't Temple.   No need to wait, if that's the final choice.  I think it's wait on UCLA for the Coaching situation, and wait on St. Johns to better evaluate Branch's impact.   I think he wan't to see the Johnnies play another 20+ games, get a feel for whether Jamal is serious competition for the same position, or if he's someone who could compliment Rysheed on the court.  (While it CAN be a problem, two guards with PG skills ain't necessarily  a bad thing - I'm sure Coach Lavin has already reminded young Jordan of his two years with Baron Davis and Earl Watson as his starting backcourt)....

IMO, I've always felt the longer this thing goes, the better for SJU.  Still feel that way.  I could be wrong of course, but the most time Lavin has to work on Rysheed, the better. 

« Reply #562 on: January 02, 2013, 11:52:01 PM »
He was at the Nova game according to somebody.

Jeff McDevitt‏@JeffMcDev

Nova and St. John's tied at 10 at 2nd media timeout. Notable attendees tonight are former NBA coach Mike Dunleavy and Vaux G Rysheed Jordan

« Reply #563 on: January 04, 2013, 11:50:09 AM »
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=1254761&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fscouthoops.scout.com%2f2%2f1254761.html

Don't know what the whole article says but it looks like he'll decide after his season is over.

Happy

« Reply #564 on: January 04, 2013, 07:14:39 PM »
IMO the longer this goes.. The greater chance he actually picks UCLA.   I know he said he wanted to stay close.. But It's tough to turn that down $

« Reply #565 on: January 04, 2013, 09:13:59 PM »
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=1254761&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fscouthoops.scout.com%2f2%2f1254761.html

Don't know what the whole article says but it looks like he'll decide after his season is over.

That is what it basically says.  No other schools except for the 3-SJU, Temple and UCLA are involved, and he just wants to wait until the end of the season.

« Reply #566 on: January 04, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
And promptly Bolts for the glorious Pac 12?
seems like Deja Vu!
a Vinny chase reference anyone?
 :-\
BTW isnt it weird that 2 seasons in a row we make top 3 of one our big recruits which include Lavin's old stomping grounds? :(

Hope this one ends better than the last!
(Just provoking thought here nothing more)
I really hope we have some back up options that are ready to go! :uglystupid2:
#STJBB
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:52:43 PM by illscalpya4000 »

paultzman

« Reply #567 on: January 05, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »
hopefully he sees opportunity!

“@sheedjordan: WAtching the st John game”

Chilleb

« Reply #568 on: January 05, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
Just hope he sees a win

« Reply #569 on: January 05, 2013, 06:27:59 PM »
so hes seen our last two games. Hopefully he makes it to a home game.  Also hopefully Jermaine saw us take this one.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #570 on: January 05, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »
so hes seen our last two games. Hopefully he makes it to a home game.  Also hopefully Jermaine saw us take this one.

He did:

@mainestory
Watchin this Cincy v. St.Johns game

crgreen

« Reply #571 on: January 05, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »
seems like Deja Vu!
BTW isnt it weird that 2 seasons in a row we make top 3 of one our big recruits which include Lavin's old stomping grounds? :(

#STJBB

Biggest difference I see is that if Coach Lavin had LOIs from Zach Lavine and Allerick Freeman, he wouldn't be looking for a 3rd guard for next year.

sju89tr

« Reply #572 on: January 05, 2013, 08:42:24 PM »
seems like Deja Vu!

#STJBB

Biggest difference I see is that if Coach Lavin had LOIs from Zach Lavine and Allerick Freeman, he wouldn't be looking for a 3rd guard for next year.

I know Kyle feels like he is a one and done but do you think he sticks around a year to play the point at UCLA and improve draft stock. Personally I think that no way in hell is he a point guard but he and his dad feel otherwise, Right now he won't grade too well in draft camps but perhaps another year culd move him into the late first round.

sju89tr

« Reply #573 on: January 05, 2013, 08:43:14 PM »
Sorry for the double post but getting back to Rysheed. I think he personally loves the process and will wait to the very last moment to announce.

« Reply #574 on: January 05, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
Sorry for the double post but getting back to Rysheed. I think he personally loves the process and will wait to the very last moment to announce.

If Rysheed was smart, he would have put Seton Hall on his list.  Then he would have had that crew of old guys follow him around.

Chilleb

« Reply #575 on: January 05, 2013, 09:33:18 PM »
Still think its temple , hope it's sju

« Reply #576 on: January 06, 2013, 08:15:34 PM »
Could he be waiting to see what the specifics are in regards to the new conferences?  See who the C7 add and see where Temple winds up?  Maybe he will choose the better two of these leagues?

paultzman

« Reply #577 on: January 07, 2013, 11:12:24 AM »
Blah, Blah, Blah

“@sheedjordan: When I win 2mar ima commit.”

Moose

« Reply #578 on: January 07, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »
Blah, Blah, Blah

“@sheedjordan: When I win 2mar ima commit.”

Yeah.  Not holding my breath here.  And in all honestly a verbal from him is worth nothing to me.  I can't get excited over wishy washy.  I need signed LOI before I pop bottles.
Remember who broke the Slice news

ras

« Reply #579 on: January 07, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »
I need signed LOIs and proof of NCAA eligibilty before I start popping bottles w our recruits. LOL