Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

sju89tr

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #780 on: February 14, 2013, 07:48:24 PM »
Have to admit I don't check Rivals very often these days. I have a preference toward ESPN and Scout personally.

Scout is horrible. 
To be honest they all are pretty pathetic when it comes to hoops.
With football you know what time each recruit wakes up and when they take a piss.

Agree 100%

Rivals is probably the best of the three though 

« Reply #781 on: February 14, 2013, 09:17:36 PM »
we have put on a push?  what is the hurry?..lost chris to the cuse as we were lackadasical also ..we cannot afford to depend on the charm of mr. lavin we need top shelf recruits asap lest we become the paul hewitt branch of new york...one and done recruits and no consistancy
What is the push? A written note sent by carrier pidgeon asking him if he still has any interest in St. john's.

« Reply #782 on: February 15, 2013, 09:58:17 AM »
Have to admit I don't check Rivals very often these days. I have a preference toward ESPN and Scout personally.

Scout is horrible. 
To be honest they all are pretty pathetic when it comes to hoops.
With football you know what time each recruit wakes up and when they take a piss.

Agree 100%

Rivals is probably the best of the three though 

Rivals has been the worst of the 3 for quite some time. They barely have guys on the road checking out players. No fault of Eric Bossi, who I respect very much, but he can't be everywhere. Scout has Evan Daniels + Brian Snow and ESPN has Dave Telep + Paul Biancardi + Reggie Rankin + Adam Finklestein + John Stovall.

Jerry Meyer let Rivals slip so far and letting him go was the right move but replacing him with Alex Kline does nothing for their scouting.

ESPN has most man power and best presentation. Scout is at all of the big events which allows them to see who they need to.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #783 on: February 15, 2013, 10:03:43 AM »
Seems like a decent kid;
“@matt_breen: Today's Inq: Temple target Rysheed Jordan @sheedjordan is more than a hoops star. He's his mother's main man http://bit.ly/WMLnzQ

sju89tr

« Reply #784 on: February 15, 2013, 10:12:48 AM »
Seems like a decent kid;
“@matt_breen: Today's Inq: Temple target Rysheed Jordan @sheedjordan is more than a hoops star. He's his mother's main man http://bit.ly/WMLnzQ

He is but also rolls with a big entourage

paultzman

« Reply #785 on: February 17, 2013, 08:17:42 AM »
"No representatives from Temple, UCLA, or St. John's were spotted at Southern during Saturday night's Public League Class A championship game. But the three finalists for Rysheed Jordan's services will no doubt hear about his last-minute heroics."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20130216_Rysheed_Jordan_lifts_Vaux_in_thriller.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:18:27 AM by paultzman »

gman

« Reply #786 on: February 17, 2013, 09:21:01 AM »
"No representatives from Temple, UCLA, or St. John's were spotted at Southern during Saturday night's Public League Class A championship game. But the three finalists for Rysheed Jordan's services will no doubt hear about his last-minute heroics."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20130216_Rysheed_Jordan_lifts_Vaux_in_thriller.html

With out time off our entire staff and roster should have been there

« Reply #787 on: February 17, 2013, 09:58:54 AM »

Unless his decision has already been made.

« Reply #788 on: February 17, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »

Can't have entire staff there. Against NCAA rules.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

sju89tr

« Reply #789 on: February 17, 2013, 10:08:55 AM »

One coach has to be on campus correct?

gman

« Reply #790 on: February 17, 2013, 11:24:40 AM »

You get my point though

Moose

« Reply #791 on: February 17, 2013, 01:05:03 PM »

Could we have had all 3 asst coaches there?  Or did we need 1 guy staying back since Lavin is out.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #792 on: February 17, 2013, 01:16:07 PM »
Surprised we had no one at Jordan's game if above article is true. (If we are still in this) If we are indeed behind on 2014, it is disappointing to say the least.

« Reply #793 on: February 17, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »
Surprised we had no one at Jordan's game if above article is true. (If we are still in this) If we are indeed behind on 2014, it is disappointing to say the least.

Is there any positive news on any recruiting front? Seems like SJU has struck out on 2013 and I'm not hearing any good stuff on any 2014 prospects

paultzman

« Reply #794 on: February 17, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »

Is there any positive news on any recruiting front? Seems like SJU has struck out on 2013 and I'm not hearing any good stuff on any 2014 prospects

Concerned as well, but have faith Lavin & staff will work their tails off to get some solid folks for 2013 and 2014. Make that "guarded" faith.

« Reply #795 on: February 17, 2013, 02:07:36 PM »

0 for 4 fts in first half-seems like he would fit right in at the teepee! :)

« Reply #796 on: February 17, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »
Lavins early recruiting success has really done a lot to lessen my disappointment in recruiting recently. In years past I was much more disappointed in losing syl and lance then I was to lose Jermaine and Chris.

With that being said, I really really want this kid. Extremely talented and exactly what we need. I think a three guard lineup of rysheed and branch and the 1/2 and dlow at the 3 would be extremely potent on offense and more than capable on defense.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #797 on: February 17, 2013, 03:52:42 PM »

No more then 3 total coaches can be on the road recruiting at one time.  All 3 can be in the same gym but you can't have all 4 possible coaches on the road at the same time.

It is a live recruiting period. 

gman

« Reply #798 on: February 17, 2013, 05:22:50 PM »
With only 2 targets someone should be at every one of his games. I think lavin uses a laid back approach which worked at ucla. At ucla just offering a kid was enough.  Here lav needs to actually win kids over. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:23:23 PM by gman »

« Reply #799 on: February 17, 2013, 05:34:04 PM »
With only 2 targets someone should be at every one of his games. I think lavin uses a laid back approach which worked at ucla. At ucla just offering a kid was enough.  Here lav needs to actually win kids over.

That is 100% false.