Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

MCNPA

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #860 on: February 21, 2013, 09:39:42 AM »
Word out of Philly is Jordan is stringing all these coaches along a bit. It should be interesting who's patience will outlast for Jordan or who pulls out.

I for one have a strong love/hate for Jordan. On one hand his physical tools give him the potential to be something very special and you can't teach that but on the other hand he's such a knuckle head and I don't know if he's ever going to mature past being a knuckle head.

If that is the case i wonder.if he and dee could coexist.

He seems like a good teammate though but then again he is better than all of them.

I think Rysheed and D'Lo would be unstoppable together on the court frankly.  Both would get plenty of scoring opportunities.  Not a worry.  Plus Rysheed would create more open space and better shots for D'Lo because teams would really need to prep for his dribble penetration.  Siva and Russ smith works, and Russ smith makes D'Lo look like the poster-boy for controlled behavior.  Now if we could only find a Behanan as well...

paultzman

« Reply #861 on: February 21, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »
I noted last week that he could open up recruiting. Dave references that as well. We'll see.

MCNPA

« Reply #862 on: February 21, 2013, 09:47:20 AM »
I noted last week that he could open up recruiting. Dave references that as well. We'll see.

I said that this past summer/fall that it seemed as though he wanted to pick a school but the people around him thought he should have an offer from a "bigger" school.  Not sure what school that is, but impression I got was that his entourage was pushing him to petition for a bigger offer of some type. Well it's almost March already.  Hope he figures it out soon.

sju89tr

« Reply #863 on: February 21, 2013, 09:48:57 AM »

It's a little late in the game for that but I would worry about Nova entering the picture. I think the kid just loves the attention of being the best uncommitted player at this point. 

paultzman

« Reply #864 on: February 21, 2013, 09:52:35 AM »

It's a little late in the game for that but I would worry about Nova entering the picture. I think the kid just loves the attention of being the best uncommitted player at this point. 

That he does!

SJUFAN

« Reply #865 on: February 21, 2013, 10:02:01 AM »
is the prevailing thought still that he is unlikely to come here if d'angelo stays?

I would think Branch would be more of an issue than D'Lo. But seriously, if any player has thoughts about playing in the league, then they shouldn't be concerned about competing for minutes at the college level. If you can't beat out the teams current player at your position, then either come off the bench until you can, or re-evaluate your pro-prospects.

That's just silly.  How can you fault a player for, all things being equal, wanting to play right away? 
If I'm a high school senior this year who's a qb I'm surely not signing with Texas AM or I'm guaranteed to sit on the bench for the next two years.   
I wouldn't hold it against a kid if that was one of his reasons for picking a school.  Seems pretty rationale to me.

Your point makes sense in theory, and that would be understandable, but its not an accurate comparison. Last I looked, we didn't have the number one overall draft pick running point. If he's the goods, he will surely get minutes from day one. He is not going to be riding the bench for two years, but he shouldn't be scared off with the notion that he will have to earn his playing time. If your that good, which he is, getting playing time wouldn't be an issue.

paultzman

« Reply #866 on: February 21, 2013, 11:31:20 AM »
“@EvanDanielsFOX: Rysheed Jordan is down to St. John's Temple & UCLA. Plans to decide in April ($) ... http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1268461.html

« Reply #867 on: February 21, 2013, 11:39:44 AM »
“@EvanDanielsFOX: Rysheed Jordan is down to St. John's Temple & UCLA. Plans to decide in April ($) ... http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1268461.html

Nothing new but this quote by Yard was interesting:

“He’s going to wait and see what is going on with the coaching situation,” Yard added.

I assume he means Howland because of the 3 he is the only one even remotely in doubt and assuming UCLA safely makes the NCAA my guess is he is coming back next year as well.

« Reply #868 on: February 21, 2013, 11:54:52 AM »
Sorry if this has already been asked but CRgreen, how many scholarships does UCLA have available?

Moose

« Reply #869 on: February 21, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »
Sorry if this has already been asked but CRgreen, how many scholarships does UCLA have available?

A lot.  They are down to like 8 scholarship players plus if Bazz and/or others leave
Remember who broke the Slice news

SJUFAN

« Reply #870 on: February 21, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »

I have always believed Jordan was a more important land than JL, especially since I don't believe JS is a one and done player, and the importance of the point guard position. We need to put the full court press on this kid. The entire staff should be at his game tonight.

« Reply #871 on: February 21, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »

A lot.  They are down to like 8 scholarship players plus if Bazz and/or others leave

It is why they are going hard after Owootoah.

« Reply #872 on: February 21, 2013, 07:40:24 PM »
Lavin and staff down in Philly tonight. UCLA also represented. Temple has a game.

Tim McManus‏@ByTimMcManus
St. John's coaching staff courtside at Southern to watch Vaux's Rysheed Jordan. Main event next: Vaux vs. MLK in 2nd Publix semi.

paultzman

« Reply #873 on: February 21, 2013, 07:41:50 PM »
Lavin and staff down in Philly tonight. UCLA also represented. Temple has a game.

Tim McManus‏@ByTimMcManus
St. John's coaching staff courtside at Southern to watch Vaux's Rysheed Jordan. Main event next: Vaux vs. MLK in 2nd Publix semi.

Great! Also;
“@ByTimMcManus: UCLA also represented here to watch Rysheed Jordan. Temple a little busy tonight, I hear.”
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:47:54 PM by paultzman »

Marillac

« Reply #874 on: February 21, 2013, 08:18:16 PM »

I have always believed Jordan was a more important land than JL, especially since I don't believe JS is a one and done player, and the importance of the point guard position. We need to put the full court press on this kid. The entire staff should be at his game tonight.

No question.  We need a guard that can penetrate and JL, as talented as he is, is not a power big and he's not going to be better than JS with a year of Big East ball and another a 5th year in the NESPSAC. 

paultzman

« Reply #875 on: February 21, 2013, 08:47:52 PM »
“@ByTimMcManus: Final: Vaux 71, MLK 68 in a wild OT. 28 for Jordan, including 2 FTs with 6.2 ledt to seal it.”

Tiger

« Reply #876 on: February 22, 2013, 09:09:59 AM »
Rysheed is facing an interesting decision:

Temple is currently 18-8 and 7-5 in the A-10.  Temple's RPI is .5913 with a SOS of .5624.  In my opinion, those stats are slightly better than the Red Storm.

Temple's current team has 5 seniors:  Points per game: Wyatt  19.7, Randall 11.0, Jefferson 9.0, O'Brien 8.5 and DiLeo 2.5.  That's a lot of scoring to lose, but of course that creates opportunity.  I have no idea how good their incoming class is, but it would appear Temple fans are in for a rough 2013-14 year.

As far a guards go, this year's team has 5 players listed as guards: Wyatt, DiLeo should be gone next year.  Next Year's Temple team will be lead by Sophomore/Junior Will Cummings, who has started 26 games at guard and averages 5.7 ppg.  He will be backed up by Dalton Pepper (3.0), Quenton DeCosey (2.2), and Daniel Dingle (0.8) (also plays forward).

If Rysheed likes to win, then Temple may not offer that for a few years.  If he wants minutes, then Temple offers opportunity.

« Reply #877 on: February 22, 2013, 09:21:09 AM »
“@ByTimMcManus: Final: Vaux 71, MLK 68 in a wild OT. 28 for Jordan, including 2 FTs with 6.2 ledt to seal it.”

Here is the article:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20130221_Vaux_outlasts_King_in_overtime.html

Most conspicuously, St. John's coach Steve Lavin sat in a folding chair catty-corner to the baseline. A few feet behind him, a man stood in a UCLA shirt.

There was no secret whom they all came to see. And Rysheed Jordan gave them what they wanted.

sju89tr

« Reply #878 on: February 22, 2013, 09:41:35 AM »

Here is the article:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20130221_Vaux_outlasts_King_in_overtime.html

Most conspicuously, St. John's coach Steve Lavin sat in a folding chair catty-corner to the baseline. A few feet behind him, a man stood in a UCLA shirt.

There was no secret whom they all came to see. And Rysheed Jordan gave them what they wanted.

I wonder which UCLA assistant made the trip?

Nie that Coach Lavin made it out to Philadelphia to see Rysheed.

« Reply #879 on: February 22, 2013, 10:05:47 AM »
Temple already has a commitment from Josh Brown who I like more than Rysheed. Plays harder, better defensively, and fits Temple's style. Also for everyone crowing Jordan the next PG, I hate to break it to you but he is as combo guard as they come. He's like a young Larry Hughes.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle