Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #900 on: February 22, 2013, 08:45:15 PM »
I don't mind that he's a combo.  He's a bonafide scorer that can take it to the rim and also dish and shoot.  We still have Branch and Phil G.  Rysheed can do a lot on the court.  Kid has talent.  He'd create mismatches for us against other teams which we need.  There isn't a guy on the board right now that is a "pure pg" type.  Good to see Lavin there.

Phil G. = 20min per game for Rysheed in freshmen yr.

The idea of this lineup has me salivating:

Obekpa
Sampson
Dom
D'lo
Rysheed

Branch first guy off the bench.

This of course assumes everyone is back, which I'm confident they will be. The beauty of that lineup is that there are plenty of scoring options but then we also have some serious defenders in there as well.

Really hope we get this kid.

You think Rysheed would/should get the nod over Branch? I can see Rysheed being the first off the bench playing the 1, 2, and 3. Plenty of minutes to go around.

Probably not to start the season. But if he plays like the #22 recruit, I think he would eventually take the job. But, I think if he were to pick us, Lavin would experiment with a lineup that had Branch, D'lo, and Rysheed on the court together. 

Absolutely regarding your last statement.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Chilleb

« Reply #901 on: February 22, 2013, 09:00:25 PM »
Sign him up, been my plan A all along but if all else fails there's always jonny.. And rysheed is on another level then josh brown. Rysheed is a pro, he's as tough as they come

gman

« Reply #902 on: February 22, 2013, 09:45:19 PM »
Sign him up, been my plan A all along but if all else fails there's always jonny.. And rysheed is on another level then josh brown. Rysheed is a pro, he's as tough as they come

Except it looks like we have no interest in Severe

LJSA

« Reply #903 on: February 23, 2013, 12:05:16 AM »
Thought Hughes was more 6'5/6'6, and Jordan more 6'2/6'3 but whatever.

6'4.5" without shoes at the NBA pre-draft measurement.

sju89tr

« Reply #904 on: February 23, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »
What happens if we were lucky enough to get Sanchez eligible and land Jordan

Sanchez C
Sampson F
Jordan G
Harrison G
Branch G

Obekpa
Pointer
Garrett
Greene
Bourgault
Gift

Balamou
Hooper
Jones

One extra player obviously, can't see Jones sticking around but am concerned Amir may bolt. I do not like how the staff slashed his minutes at the expense of Greene after Branch started playing.   

« Reply #905 on: February 23, 2013, 10:14:11 AM »

Sanchez C
Sampson F
Jordan G
Harrison G
Branch G

Obekpa
Pointer
Garrett
Greene
Bourgault
Gift

Balamou
Hooper
Jones

One extra player obviously, can't see Jones sticking around but am concerned Amir may bolt. I do not like how the staff slashed his minutes at the expense of Greene after Branch started playing.   

two athletic, long fwds, that can score,  i believe is Lavin's dream.  that's what he's been trying to get since he got here.  moe and jks was where it was suppose to start.  then this year it was jks and sanchez.  and for next year, i think lavin dreamt of jks and lawrence.  now, i hope and pray, we can get jks and sanchez in the same lineup.

ted, your lineup is a Big East Championship Team next year.

paultzman

« Reply #906 on: February 23, 2013, 10:17:36 AM »
Like Ted's team, but already worrying about the year after, losing Sanchez and probably Sampson. Lol
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:30:25 AM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #907 on: February 23, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »
Nice preview of Sunday's championship game pitting Jordan against Austin, a fixture Providence star IMO;

“@KevinMcNamara33: Showdown in Philly for future Friar Brandon Austin
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/20130222_Public_League_Championship_Preview.html

sju89tr

« Reply #908 on: February 23, 2013, 10:25:56 AM »

Sanchez C
Sampson F
Jordan G
Harrison G
Branch G

Obekpa
Pointer
Garrett
Greene
Bourgault
Gift

Balamou
Hooper
Jones

two athletic, long fwds, that can score,  i believe is Lavin's dream.  that's what he's been trying to get since he got here.  moe and jks was where it was suppose to start.  then this year it was jks and sanchez.  and for next year, i think lavin dreamt of jks and lawrence.  now, i hope and pray, we can get jks and sanchez in the same lineup.

There would obviously be a minutes crunch but if everyone bought in to playing 25 minutes (the core group) it would not hurt their chances of a pro career somewhere after St Johns

Minute Distributiom
Sanchez 25
Sampson 30
Harrison 30
Jordan 20
Branch 20
Pointer 20
Garrett 20
Obekpa 20
Greene 15

Obviously no minutes for Gift Marco Felix or Hooper is where the problem lies.

But the following year everyone's minutes would increase with Sanchez, Gift, and likely departures of Sampson and possibly Harrison.

sju89tr

« Reply #909 on: February 23, 2013, 10:27:16 AM »
Like Ted's team, but already or worrying about the year after, losing Sanchez and probably Sampson. Lol

There would likely be 3 ships available and a dire need to recruit 2 kids 6-8 or taller, maybe 3

sju89tr

« Reply #910 on: February 23, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »
The scholarship distribution further cements everyone's feelings that Gift had no business redshirting this season. Obviously that changes if Sanchez doesn't win his suit vs NCAA 

MCNPA

« Reply #911 on: February 23, 2013, 10:43:23 AM »
The scholarship distribution further cements everyone's feelings that Gift had no business redshirting this season. Obviously that changes if Sanchez doesn't win his suit vs NCAA

We can use a kid like Gift next year no matter what.  Hes a string kid in the post that can rebound.  Having Sanchez for a year would be golden.   Best case scenario.  We ant worry about minutes for every kid.  We do balance things out well in general, and if we are winning it will only be a tight roster for one season.  Having that much talent and depth is a luxury and not something to worry about.

sju89tr

« Reply #912 on: February 23, 2013, 10:54:13 AM »

We can use a kid like Gift next year no matter what.  Hes a string kid in the post that can rebound.  Having Sanchez for a year would be golden.   Best case scenario.  We ant worry about minutes for every kid.  We do balance things out well in general, and if we are winning it will only be a tight roster for one season.  Having that much talent and depth is a luxury and not something to worry about.

I am not worried about it, the kids either buy into the situation for a year with a guarantee of more minutes the following year or they don't

A few guys would be vulnerable but with the quality of the roster and the interchangeable quality of the kids, Coach Lavin can easily go 10-11 guys deep and do everything he wants on offensive and defensive end.

It's never a problem at Duke when they have mcD AA not seeing the floor.     

ras

« Reply #913 on: February 23, 2013, 12:06:37 PM »

We could have used a kid like Gift this year. Having him might this year might be the difference in a couple of games, which might be the difference in  making the NCAA tourny .

sju89tr

« Reply #914 on: February 23, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »

We could have used a kid like Gift this year. Having him might this year might be the difference in a couple of games, which might be the difference in  making the NCAA tourny .

I always believed that you worry about this year first

« Reply #915 on: February 23, 2013, 03:24:43 PM »
And there is always the possibility of redshirting a talented young player -- like Felix or Jones -- next year.

« Reply #916 on: February 23, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »

Sanchez C
Sampson F
Jordan G
Harrison G
Branch G

Obekpa
Pointer
Garrett
Greene
Bourgault
Gift

Balamou
Hooper
Jones

There would obviously be a minutes crunch but if everyone bought in to playing 25 minutes (the core group) it would not hurt their chances of a pro career somewhere after St Johns

Minute Distributiom
Sanchez 25
Sampson 30
Harrison 30
Jordan 20
Branch 20
Pointer 20
Garrett 20
Obekpa 20
Greene 15

Obviously no minutes for Gift Marco Felix or Hooper is where the problem lies.

But the following year everyone's minutes would increase with Sanchez, Gift, and likely departures of Sampson and possibly Harrison.

There are worse things in the world then to have a roster that loaded with talent.

Marillac

« Reply #917 on: February 23, 2013, 06:28:21 PM »
And there is always the possibility of redshirting a talented young player -- like Felix or Jones -- next year.

Keep Jones around for an extra year?  No thanks.

« Reply #918 on: February 23, 2013, 06:38:05 PM »
A 5th yr senior would have helped this yr no?

« Reply #919 on: February 23, 2013, 06:50:13 PM »
You ready to give up on Jones this early, Marillac?  I'm not by any stretch.