Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

paultzman

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1220 on: March 27, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »
“@ozoneinq: Vaux's Rysheed Jordan @sheedjordan   finished with a scoring average of 24.8 points. He drilled 53 treys. #vaux http://twitter.com/ozoneinq/status/316993352274960385/photo/1

« Reply #1221 on: March 28, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »
Rysheed Jordan is Philadelphia Daily News POY.  Beat out some worthy competition in Vasturia (going to ND), Brandon Austin going to Providence and junior standout Newton.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20130328_Vaux__Jordan_is_Daily_News_Player_of_the_Year.html

The 6-4, 185-pound Jordan, a senior point guard at Roberts Vaux High, and widely ranked among the country's top 30 high school players, was pestered nonstop to reveal his college destination. He instead chose the keep-'em-in-suspense route, even after tweeting a couple times (kiddingly, it turned out) he'd reveal his choice after kicking Team X's butt.

Now, he insists, he will make his announcement April 15 ("This whole process was really taxing," he'll be able to say) and the Final Three remain Temple, St. John's and UCLA.

« Reply #1222 on: March 28, 2013, 04:06:04 PM »
Rysheed Jordan is Philadelphia Daily News POY.  Beat out some worthy competition in Vasturia (going to ND), Brandon Austin going to Providence and junior standout Newton.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20130328_Vaux__Jordan_is_Daily_News_Player_of_the_Year.html

The 6-4, 185-pound Jordan, a senior point guard at Roberts Vaux High, and widely ranked among the country's top 30 high school players, was pestered nonstop to reveal his college destination. He instead chose the keep-'em-in-suspense route, even after tweeting a couple times (kiddingly, it turned out) he'd reveal his choice after kicking Team X's butt.

Now, he insists, he will make his announcement April 15 ("This whole process was really taxing," he'll be able to say) and the Final Three remain Temple, St. John's and UCLA.

Prob waiting to see who the next bruin coach is gonna be.  If that's not settled soon wait for yet another delay, can't say I blame him on that count.

« Reply #1223 on: March 28, 2013, 07:28:48 PM »
Probably means nothing but still

STJ_Basketball ‏@STJ_Basketball
Also adding Hooper the shooter, Gift in the post plus... ?? RT @AdamZagoria: w/ Orlando Sanchez and the rest, #stjbb could be fun to watch
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:29:35 PM by Redstormy80 »

crgreen

« Reply #1224 on: March 28, 2013, 07:46:59 PM »

Prob waiting to see who the next bruin coach is gonna be.  If that's not settled soon wait for yet another delay, can't say I blame him on that count.

No delays.  UCLA will be settled well before April 15.

« Reply #1225 on: March 28, 2013, 11:14:25 PM »
Tough it is obviously related to Rysheed, I moved the UCLA coach talk to the UCLA thread in college and pro sports.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #1226 on: March 29, 2013, 11:54:53 PM »
Philly.com update.  Basically the same thing the Telep article says and that is Jordan still considering UCLA.

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/rally/&id=200659741

« Reply #1227 on: March 30, 2013, 08:40:07 AM »

No delays.  UCLA will be settled well before April 15.
Even if they keep getting turned down?  BTW, who do you think they're getting?

sju89tr

« Reply #1228 on: March 30, 2013, 10:20:08 AM »
I would imagine at this point is that they will turn attention to Buzz Williams and if not it becomes a Lorenzo Romar Mike Dunleavy or Mike Brown scenario.

Perhaps the coaching fraternity doesn't feel that Lavin and Howland should have ever been fired after the last 17 years of coaching at UCLA and doesn't want that happening to them.

How cool would it be if Howland threw his name into the USC mix ?

« Reply #1229 on: March 30, 2013, 10:22:47 AM »
I would imagine at this point is that they will turn attention to Buzz Williams and if not it becomes a Lorenzo Romar Mike Dunleavy or Mike Brown scenario.

Perhaps the coaching fraternity doesn't feel that Lavin and Howland should have ever been fired after the last 17 years of coaching at UCLA and doesn't want that happening to them.

How cool would it be if Howland threw his name into the USC mix ?

Ah, revenge, but he'd have a rough couple of years because in lala land college bball ucla is the top dog.

« Reply #1230 on: March 30, 2013, 12:30:44 PM »
So Rysheed has an interesting choice.  In addition to Alford and perhaps Kyle returning and Zach Lavine Alford will be bringing his son Bryce with him to Westwood.  Bryce is a high school guard in New Mexico who was set to play for his dad at NM but will now be following his dad to UCLA.

A lot to consider when thinking about UCLA.

sju89tr

« Reply #1231 on: March 30, 2013, 12:47:25 PM »
So Rysheed has an interesting choice.  In addition to Alford and perhaps Kyle returning and Zach Lavine Alford will be bringing his son Bryce with him to Westwood.  Bryce is a high school guard in New Mexico who was set to play for his dad at NM but will now be following his dad to UCLA.

I would imagine that this effectively will take UCLA out of the mix. 

« Reply #1232 on: March 30, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »

All three of those guys aren't really point guards though, unless I'm mistakin about Lavine.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

crgreen

« Reply #1233 on: March 30, 2013, 01:29:47 PM »

Bryce Alford is a 6'3 pure SG.   More likely to impact Norman Powells decision whether to transfer or not than whether Rysheed comes.  There is still NO pg on UCLA's roster next season.

« Reply #1234 on: March 30, 2013, 01:38:07 PM »

Bryce Alford is a 6'3 pure SG.   More likely to impact Norman Powells decision whether to transfer or not than whether Rysheed comes.  There is still NO pg on UCLA's roster next season.

Keep in mind Jordan is no pure PG himself.

I think the biggest issue is the recruiting calendar.  Starting on Monday you have a Quiet Period thru Wed the 3rd.  Only ON campus visits allowed and any visit by Jordan to LA would have to be on his dime since he took an official already. Then starting on the 4th thru the 11th you have a Dead Period where no recruiting visits can take place.

Perhaps between the 11th and 15th they can build a relationship but that is a tight squeeze

sju89tr

« Reply #1235 on: March 30, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »

I think the biggest issue is the recruiting calendar.  Starting on Monday you have a Quiet Period thru Wed the 3rd.  Only ON campus visits allowed and any visit by Jordan to LA would have to be on his dime since he took an official already. Then starting on the 4th thru the 11th you have a Dead Period where no recruiting visits can take place.

Perhaps between the 11th and 15th they can build a relationship but that is a tight squeeze

Although Jordan is the "purest" of the guards to potentially play the point, you still have Kyle yearning to bring the ball up and he appears to be sticking around another year. Those are a lot of freshman guards to keep happy. 4 of them if you count Rysheed. May be a tight squeeze. I would be worried for Temple or St Johns if Alford wasn't bringing his son along.   

paultzman

« Reply #1236 on: March 30, 2013, 04:00:02 PM »
"WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Steve Alford-to-UCLA news was coming fast and furious to UCLA’s current players and recruits on Saturday, but Rysheed Jordan is still considering the Bruins after the coaching change.

“Yeah, he’s still considering them,” Philly Vaux Roberts coach Jamie Ross told SNY.tv, before adding, “I didn’t even know that Steve Alford got named.”

“@AdamZagoria: Rysheed Jordan Still Considering UCLA http://on.sny.tv/Xjnpy5

crgreen

« Reply #1237 on: March 30, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »

I'll be happy with Sheed at either UCLA or St. Johns.   But for what it's worth, Sheed's game seems very similar to that of Kendall Williams, who's thrived in Alford's scheme at New Mexico (13pts 5 assists this year).  Williams was another player that clashed with Ben Howland - originally a UCLA commit, who Howland cut loose and ended up at UNM. 

« Reply #1238 on: March 30, 2013, 04:07:21 PM »
"WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Steve Alford-to-UCLA news was coming fast and furious to UCLA’s current players and recruits on Saturday, but Rysheed Jordan is still considering the Bruins after the coaching change.

“Yeah, he’s still considering them,” Philly Vaux Roberts coach Jamie Ross told SNY.tv, before adding, “I didn’t even know that Steve Alford got named.”

Again I don't see how the calendar really makes sense for Alford to introduce himself to Jordan.

Stranger things have happened though.

« Reply #1239 on: March 31, 2013, 07:43:21 AM »

Again I don't see how the calendar really makes sense for Alford to introduce himself to Jordan.

Stranger things have happened though.

You ever hear of a middleman?