Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1240 on: March 31, 2013, 09:13:18 AM »
"WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Steve Alford-to-UCLA news was coming fast and furious to UCLA’s current players and recruits on Saturday, but Rysheed Jordan is still considering the Bruins after the coaching change.

“Yeah, he’s still considering them,” Philly Vaux Roberts coach Jamie Ross told SNY.tv, before adding, “I didn’t even know that Steve Alford got named.”

“@AdamZagoria: Rysheed Jordan Still Considering UCLA http://on.sny.tv/Xjnpy5

Again I don't see how the calendar really makes sense for Alford to introduce himself to Jordan.

Stranger things have happened though.

You ever hear of a middleman?

I have heard of a bagman.

I have also heard of the rock group Aerosmith.

Not sure what that means but it is pretty funny...

crgreen

« Reply #1241 on: March 31, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »
"WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Steve Alford-to-UCLA news was coming fast and furious to UCLA’s current players and recruits on Saturday, but Rysheed Jordan is still considering the Bruins after the coaching change.

“Yeah, he’s still considering them,” Philly Vaux Roberts coach Jamie Ross told SNY.tv, before adding, “I didn’t even know that Steve Alford got named.”

“@AdamZagoria: Rysheed Jordan Still Considering UCLA http://on.sny.tv/Xjnpy5

Kinda hard to believe Ross and Sheed weren't hit with like a hundred tweets and emails the second it was announced....

« Reply #1242 on: April 01, 2013, 11:19:32 AM »
This link was posted in the UCLA thread but it seems apropos to this thread also. It seems that UCLA really wants to focus on L.A. And West Coast players---including several pg's in 2014.  Does Rysheed feel comfortable going into that situation, playing for a coach that didn't recruit him to the school?

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/recruiting-502152-alford-head.html

« Reply #1243 on: April 01, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »
This link was posted in the UCLA thread but it seems apropos to this thread also. It seems that UCLA really wants to focus on L.A. And West Coast players---including several pg's in 2014.  Does Rysheed feel comfortable going into that situation, playing for a coach that didn't recruit him to the school?

no mention of Jordan at all...

sju89tr

« Reply #1244 on: April 01, 2013, 11:35:50 AM »

I noticed that too.

Another thing, how bad does it look if Alford goes all out for a guard from Philadelphia while they can still get Parker Cartwright to change his mind for 14?

« Reply #1245 on: April 01, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »

I noticed that too.

Another thing, how bad does it look if Alford goes all out for a guard from Philadelphia while they can still get Parker Cartwright to change his mind for 14?

That's why I posted it.  Even if he keeps Korey McCray not sure Alford is going to sway Jordan or even if Jordan is a UCLA focus.

BTW-All I know is if Jordan doesn't choose Temple I could see a Rutgers-Lance Thomas like situation.

paultzman

« Reply #1246 on: April 01, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »

I noticed that too.

That's why I posted it.  Even if he keeps Korey McCray not sure Alford is going to sway Jordan or even if Jordan is a UCLA focus.

BTW-All I know is if Jordan doesn't choose Temple I could see a Rutgers-Lance Thomas like situation.

Like L'Ville ,who lost Ware for next year, for example. Also, Jardine, a buddy of Jordan, has recently bugged him about Cuse humorously. Nothing would surprise me with Jordan.

mkras99

« Reply #1247 on: April 01, 2013, 12:26:17 PM »

I noticed that too.

In terms of message board comments by local school fans?

« Reply #1248 on: April 01, 2013, 12:29:57 PM »

I noticed that too.

In terms of message board comments by local school fans?

Yes they have convinced themselves he has no other option.

« Reply #1249 on: April 02, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »
Zags tweeted that Alford is unlikely to retain Korey McCray.  I am pretty sure he is the lead recruiter on Jordan.

So short recruiting calendar, new coach and new lead recruiter.

« Reply #1250 on: April 02, 2013, 09:12:46 AM »
Yaaaaaaay :2funny:
I think?

Tiger

« Reply #1251 on: April 02, 2013, 09:45:31 AM »
Let's say Rysheed commits to St. Johns.  He tries it for a year, and for what ever reason it doesn't work out.  Couldn't one of his relatives in Philly develop a bad 'sinus infection', thereby allowing him to transfer to Temple, without losing a year.  Has to be a plus for St. Johns.

« Reply #1252 on: April 02, 2013, 12:51:05 PM »
Let's say Rysheed commits to St. Johns.  He tries it for a year, and for what ever reason it doesn't work out.  Couldn't one of his relatives in Philly develop a bad 'sinus infection', thereby allowing him to transfer to Temple, without losing a year.  Has to be a plus for St. Johns.
Same conference provision, no?  ;D

jr49

« Reply #1253 on: April 02, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »
Same conference provision, no?  ;D
Not same conference.

« Reply #1254 on: April 03, 2013, 01:00:53 AM »
If we miss out on Jordan, and we don't sign any major targets for 2014 I am going to really assume Lavin is an overrated recruiter. At this stage in the game the team has shown life and a potential for success with lots of nice pieces. We have our head coach fully involved in the program now. There is no excuse to not start signing can't miss talent i.e. Lawrence/McCollough type guys.

« Reply #1255 on: April 03, 2013, 01:13:15 AM »
If we miss out on Jordan, and we don't sign any major targets for 2014 I am going to really assume Lavin is an overrated recruiter. At this stage in the game the team has shown life and a potential for success with lots of nice pieces. We have our head coach fully involved in the program now. There is no excuse to not start signing can't miss talent i.e. Lawrence/McCollough type guys.

Ummm, he has brought in several #1 classes and the #3 class two years ago. Wasn't last year top 25 as well? Big deal we've missed out on some 5 star players, every program does

« Reply #1256 on: April 03, 2013, 06:27:50 AM »

Are you kidding?

Moose

« Reply #1257 on: April 03, 2013, 08:33:37 AM »

Are you kidding?

Joe doesn't kid.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1258 on: April 03, 2013, 09:13:03 AM »
I think Rysheed is confusing himself.

Yesterday on twitter he tweeted "9 more days" before he decides.  But that would be April 11th not April 15th.  Someone tweeted back that he means April 15th the original date he set.

But then Rysheed said that April 11th is the first day to sign. 

He is wrong though.  The Spring Signing Period starts April 17th.  The only significance of April 11th is that it is the end of the Dead Period in recruiting.

paultzman

« Reply #1259 on: April 03, 2013, 09:16:09 AM »
I think Rysheed is confusing himself.

Yesterday on twitter he tweeted "9 more days" before he decides.  But that would be April 11th not April 15th.  Someone tweeted back that he means April 15th the original date he set.

But then Rysheed said that April 11th is the first day to sign. 

He is wrong though.  The Spring Signing Period starts April 17th.  The only significance of April 11th is that it is the end of the Dead Period in recruiting.

Obviously not a Math Major