Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

mkras99

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1740 on: April 11, 2013, 11:28:39 AM »
Coach Lavin is and always will be the most important member of this staff. He is the closer.

« Reply #1741 on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:28 AM »
Huuuuuuuuge get for us!  Where are the nay Sayers who doubted lavins recruiting now?  I think this was a much more impt pickup than Lawrence would have been.  Gonna be great to have an elite pg at the helm and gives us even more depth.  Elite guards help teams make deep tourney runs - just look at any of the teams in the dance.

Nice job Steve and welcome RYSHEED.  I know there is already a recruiting thread but sheed deserves some serious love "in the jungle" on our main board, right?

Naysayer here.  Love the taste of crow feathers with my cereal.  Starting to save up for tickets once again.  Old habits die hard. Now if we can just have a calm year w/o surprises things will be fine......But this is SJU and Lavin - a volatile combo at best.  Anyway, this just about makes up for the loss of DLo.  Not the way it was done but talentwise it seems like a wash.  I have visions of them playing together and having one of the best back courts out there but it will work out either way.  Thank you Steve for renewing some faith in the program.

« Reply #1742 on: April 11, 2013, 11:31:58 AM »
Maybe we can get mkras to comment on Rubin…

He is not fighting to get a Pulitzer that's for certain.

Why me?

I just remember during the 2010 search when Rubin all but declared Paul Hewitt was going to be the next HC at SJU and of course that turned out to be false you basically tore him a new one on RM.com…LOL!!!

I believe you called him a "lying *****************…."  LOL!!!

ras

« Reply #1743 on: April 11, 2013, 11:32:57 AM »
Huuuuuuuuge get for us!  Where are the nay Sayers who doubted lavins recruiting now?  I think this was a much more impt pickup than Lawrence would have been.  Gonna be great to have an elite pg at the helm and gives us even more depth.  Elite guards help teams make deep tourney runs - just look at any of the teams in the dance.

Nice job Steve and welcome RYSHEED.  I know there is already a recruiting thread but sheed deserves some serious love "in the jungle" on our main board, right?
[/quot   Not saying he is better then Lawrence . But w the addition of Sanchez ,Jorden is a bigger need. That was our problem in the past, non balanced roster. Now Lavin and Chiles can concentrate on getting us a quality big for 14.

mkras99

« Reply #1744 on: April 11, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »

Why me?

I just remember during the 2010 search when Rubin all but declared Paul Hewitt was going to be the next HC at SJU and of course that turned out to be false you basically tore him a new one on RM.com…LOL!!!

Oh yeah - who can remember anything from three years ago, hah :)

SJUFAN

« Reply #1745 on: April 11, 2013, 11:33:24 AM »
FYI

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/9159371/rysheed-jordan-commits-st-john-red-storm

From Rysheed:

"I really like their style of play, pick and roll and how coach Lavin lets their guards play," Jordan said of St. John's.

For those complaining about the offense, doesn't seem to be an issue with Jordan. Like i've said, its about the execution. The oppurtunites are there, the players just have to make the plays. Great get by the staff. Welcome aboard Rysheed!

DFF6

« Reply #1746 on: April 11, 2013, 11:34:09 AM »
Rysheed gives us the very real chance of having ROY for the third year in a row, albeit in a different BE conference next year, but still, freakin impressive. 

mkras99

« Reply #1747 on: April 11, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »

Why me?

http://redmen.com/arun1/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=107&jfile=showthread.php&t=41403

derk

« Reply #1748 on: April 11, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »
Great job by the staff and welcome Rysheed!!

It has been said by Dave, Choz and others with some of the "inside" knowledge on this board that Tony Chiles is our most important assistant coach. 

Everyone other than PMG seems to love Chiles.

Coach Lavin is and always will be the most important member of this staff. He is the closer.

If Tony Chiles has the assistant that was leading the effort for Jordan then kudos to him and job well done.

Don't think he was debating the relative importance of Chiles to Lavin, just praising the job TC has done is all.

« Reply #1750 on: April 11, 2013, 11:43:59 AM »

Why me?

http://redmen.com/arun1/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=107&jfile=showthread.php&t=41403

Now Michael will you or anyone doubt me on my memory again???  LOL!!!

Remember when Baldi said under the Masiello thread that Masiello will be riding to the NCAA's next year and SJU and Lavin will be in the NIT again I said I would remember what he wrote?

Bank on it….LOL!!!

paultzman

« Reply #1751 on: April 11, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »
Joe 3 will have "willy bump" on 5 stars";

“@ebosshoops: Safe bet that Rysheed Jordan climbs up from his current No. 29 overall spot in 2013 Rivals150 and into five-star status.”

SJUFAN

« Reply #1752 on: April 11, 2013, 11:48:32 AM »
After reading the news reports it appears Jordan was a STJ lean all along. Which now makes sense why he waited so long to commit as we didn't have a scholi to give. He must have been assured that one would be made available for him. The business of Big time college basketball, not pretty. Just speculation of course.

« Reply #1753 on: April 11, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
Joe 3 will have "willy bump" on 5 stars";

“@ebosshoops: Safe bet that Rysheed Jordan climbs up from his current No. 29 overall spot in 2013 Rivals150 and into five-star status.”

A little snippet.

April 11, 2013

Big and physical, Jordan is very quick with the dribble and has significantly improved his jump shooting. His bread and butter is still getting into the lane to score and make things happen, but he's also developed into a fine defender and dangerous transition finisher.

Given his overall tools and the way he has played as a senior, Jordan is likely going to make a move up in the final 2013 rankings and be elevated from four to five-star status.

« Reply #1754 on: April 11, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »
SJU is perfect for him.

They will have the athletes to compete and compliment him and will continue to recruit better players and he will love the style of play.

Also the location is perfect.  He gets away from Philly which I think he wanted to do but at the same time is close enough that his family will be able to see him play all the time.

Think about it.  In addition to the all the NYC games just 1 1/2-2 hours away SJU will play games at Newark-SHU, at Villanova (his hometown of Philly) and at Georgetown (couple hours south in DC).

paultzman

« Reply #1755 on: April 11, 2013, 12:06:39 PM »
Good points Fordham

« Reply #1756 on: April 11, 2013, 12:07:04 PM »
i am happy but just get him eligible.  st. john's is now a pre season top 25 team in d'angelo comes back

« Reply #1757 on: April 11, 2013, 12:18:31 PM »
Those that have seen him play what player would you compare his game to?

A little tyshawn taylor in him.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

gman

« Reply #1758 on: April 11, 2013, 12:22:09 PM »
Those that have seen him play what player would you compare his game to?

A little tyshawn taylor in him.

That is the name I keep using

paultzman

« Reply #1759 on: April 11, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »
“@jeffborzello: With Rysheed Jordan in the fold, St. John's could have the pieces to make a run to the NCAA tournament next season: http://cbsprt.co/11ZEfBL