Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1900 on: April 16, 2013, 10:21:16 AM »
pen to paper

Josh Verlin ‏@jmverlin 12m
Rysheed Jordan will host a press conference/NLI signing at 9am tomorrow at Vaux High (2300 Master St, Philadelphia).

paultzman

« Reply #1901 on: April 16, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
“@sheedjordan: Leave for Kentucky 2mar✈✈✈
#allstargame!!”

« Reply #1902 on: April 16, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »

#3 pg in the class. Think casey hill is great, but think the Harrison twins are a little overrated.

Have you ever seen the Harrison twins play a real game..? What makes you say they are overrated.?

Saw one on TV, plus all star games and highlights. I think that Andrew is quite a bit better than aaron.  I think it's ridiculous how sites seem to always rank twins right near each other ( wear twins and Morris twins for example). I think that Andrew is deserving of a top ten ranking but that rysheed is better than aaron. Just my opinion.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #1904 on: April 16, 2013, 09:35:26 PM »
This kid can score a little bit. At Donofrio Final tonight;
“@jmverlin: Rysheed Jordan with a DEEP 3. 115-107, I-3, with 2:00 left. Jordan has 43 points.”

He lost but,
“@jmverlin: Championship game MVP goes to Rysheed Jordan, who finished with 45.”
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:37:06 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #1905 on: April 16, 2013, 09:56:03 PM »
This kid has put up MONSTROUS numbers. One thing we needed so badly was for a scoring guard who can find open guys and score at will. We found him. We barely ever turned the ball over this year. Now mix that with more rebounding via Sanchez/Gift/improved Pointer, Obekpa and more scoring with Sanchez and Jordan. Anything less than a 20 win tourney team is an utter disaster.

By the way, anyone know if his press conference is televised at 9AM tomorrow? Really want to see it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:00:10 PM by RedStormyNight »

Moose

« Reply #1906 on: April 16, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »

By the way, anyone know if his press conference is televised at 9AM tomorrow? Really want to see it.

Yea CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC all televising it.

What part of a kid signing his name to a piece of paper excites you so much?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:01:24 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1907 on: April 16, 2013, 10:13:54 PM »

Rough day at work Moose? Jeez chill. It's not like he's signing a paper then running away. It's a press conference. You might be the only one on the entire board not interested to see it.

Moose

« Reply #1908 on: April 16, 2013, 10:19:37 PM »

Rough day at work Moose? Jeez chill. It's not like he's signing a paper then running away. It's a press conference. You might be the only one on the entire board not interested to see it.

You of all people need to know when you leave yourself open to something to take a joke.

What is he going to say tomorrow that he hasn't said or hasn't been said already?  I doubt anyone from any of the NY papers will be there.  Its a ceremonial thing for him to sign the paper and make it official.  No I'm not excited to see it.  I was excited to see him verbal.  A mere formality like tomorrow doesn't get me all excited.

« Reply #1909 on: April 16, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »
When your favorite team signs a major player usually you have interest in the press conference to hear what the player has to say. You are in the minority IMO. Why not be excited about it? No need to get all sour...this is a special time in the program where we might seriously break through in a major way next year because of him.

Moose

« Reply #1910 on: April 16, 2013, 10:34:33 PM »
When your favorite team signs a major player usually you have interest in the press conference to hear what the player has to say. You are in the minority IMO. Why not be excited about it? No need to get all sour...this is a special time in the program where we might seriously break through in a major way next year because of him.

I heard what he and his coaches had to say.  Check out the articles from last week.  And I am excited.  I'll be sure next time to be more excited.  Maybe I'll even sign onto the Temple boards and talk trash ;)

« Reply #1911 on: April 16, 2013, 10:35:29 PM »
Interesting Temple article on their recruiting

http://temple-news.com/sports/2013/04/16/cranney-a-new-take-on-recruiting-after-jordan-decision/

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/index?topId=9160495 (Made the front page of Recruiting Nation).

Apologies if these have already been posted.

Moose

« Reply #1912 on: April 16, 2013, 10:38:08 PM »

http://temple-news.com/sports/2013/04/16/cranney-a-new-take-on-recruiting-after-jordan-decision/

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/index?topId=9160495 (Made the front page of Recruiting Nation).

A Philadelphia native hasn’t committed to play men’s basketball at Temple since Scootie Randall joined the team in 2008.

Sounds like our fans talking about NYC players.

desco80

« Reply #1913 on: April 16, 2013, 10:47:05 PM »

A Philadelphia native hasn’t committed to play men’s basketball at Temple since Scootie Randall joined the team in 2008.

Yea, the idea that our posters don't bad mouth nyc recruits after they sign elsewhere is laughable. 
It happens every. single. time.

« Reply #1914 on: April 16, 2013, 10:49:49 PM »

Yea, the idea that our posters don't bad mouth nyc recruits after they sign elsewhere is laughable. 

Sure it happens, but nowhere near the level of Philly fans. I mean they are literally tweeting an 18 yr old kid tearing him apart. We don't do that with Lawrence or McCullough. Philly is the trashiest sports city and always has been.

DFF6

« Reply #1915 on: April 16, 2013, 11:10:46 PM »

Sure it happens, but nowhere near the level of Philly fans. I mean they are literally tweeting an 18 yr old kid tearing him apart. We don't do that with Lawrence or McCullough. Philly is the trashiest sports city and always has been.

I'm actually going to agree with Joe3, to some extent.  Yes, we b!tch everytime we lose a local recruit to another school, but the Temple fans have been screaming from the rooftops over Jordan's decision for days.  From all of the boards and comment threads I've read, the Temple fans have been relentless in trashing Jordan, Lavin & STJ over his decision.  When we lost J Lawrence, sure, we vented, but not to the same extent the Temple fans have been doing over Jordan, at least from what I have read.

Moose

« Reply #1916 on: April 16, 2013, 11:23:45 PM »

I'm actually going to agree with Joe3, to some extent.  Yes, we b!tch everytime we lose a local recruit to another school, but the Temple fans have been screaming from the rooftops over Jordan's decision for days.  From all of the boards and comment threads I've read, the Temple fans have been relentless in trashing Jordan, Lavin & STJ over his decision.  When we lost J Lawrence, sure, we vented, but not to the same extent the Temple fans have been doing over Jordan, at least from what I have read.

Because we don't have enough fans that care and/or are social media savvy ;)

DFF6

« Reply #1917 on: April 16, 2013, 11:31:18 PM »

Funny, and unfortunately, probably true.   Our fan base on the whole is currently pretty apathetic.  Of course, as a Mets fan, it's my experience that fan apathy usually accompanies a losing team.  Maybe when we start winning again, our fans will be as rabid and vituperative as some of the Temple fans. 

MCNPA

« Reply #1918 on: April 16, 2013, 11:54:18 PM »
Rysheed is a monster talent.  I've been saying it since we started recruiting him.  Lavin has "quietly" put together a really talented roster.  This season we probably would have made the ncaa's with Harrison.  Next year we get back Harrison and add Gift, Hooper, Jordan and Sanchez.  Not going to happy times for opponents with a deep and more grizzled roster.

« Reply #1919 on: April 17, 2013, 12:03:40 AM »

Actually, just the other day, SJ's twitter page posted something about having the most active twitter base out of any Big East school. So that theory is not true at least as far as twitter goes. I remember being surprised, but there was some kind of map showing the traffic to prove it. Being totally objective, I haven't seen any insulting posts towards either recent NYC recruit we just recently lost out on. Jordan has gone so far as to tweet stuff like "Ok try putting salt on my name like a slug", "Most of you Temple fans aren't even from Philly anyway!", etc. It's not just their fans either...it's the Philly media including bloggers and journalists for local papers that tore him apart. Sorry, but that does not happen with our base.