Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

derk

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1940 on: April 17, 2013, 03:54:43 PM »
Jordan looks about 6'3 7/8" in the signing picture.  :)

Better not be not even 1/8 of an inch under 6'4"

paultzman

« Reply #1942 on: April 17, 2013, 06:06:58 PM »
“@STJ_Basketball: @sheedjordan also is the highest-rated rookie prospect headed into the new BIG EAST Conference. #stjbb #ThePrince”

“@STJ_Basketball: Ranked 22nd nationally in the final ESPN 100, Jordan is now the highest-rated recruit Lavin has signed since coming to #stjbb.”

paultzman

« Reply #1943 on: April 17, 2013, 06:10:54 PM »
Formal SJU announcement;

“@STJ_Basketball: IT'S OFFICIAL: @STJCoachLavin Signs Top 5 Point Guard @sheedjordan To NLI For 2013-14 Season: http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041713aac.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:22:56 PM by paultzman »

LJSA

« Reply #1944 on: April 17, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
It will be nice to root for a Jordan #23 and not have my heart ripped out by one. 

Unless he misses two free throws with a second left trailing by one against Kentucky in the national championship game.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:48:00 AM by chronicbucks »

« Reply #1946 on: April 18, 2013, 10:34:15 PM »
Lookin good in red and black! I don't remember too many other recruits this happy to be a Johnnie publicly...very nice to see. It shows our brand is stronger than many think.

Poison

« Reply #1947 on: April 18, 2013, 10:35:49 PM »
Lookin good in red and black! I don't remember too many other recruits this happy to be a Johnnie publicly...very nice to see. It shows our brand is stronger than many think.

He just seems like a really passionate kid. Like a leader. I hope he's running our offense this season.

« Reply #1948 on: April 18, 2013, 10:42:57 PM »

He just seems like a really passionate kid. Like a leader. I hope he's running our offense this season.

What offense?

MCNPA

« Reply #1949 on: April 18, 2013, 10:49:49 PM »

Kid is our PG without a doubt.  He has a motor that doesn't stop.  It's a great quality.  He certainly has the talent, but not all kids have the motor. Rysheed has both and it's rare.  The kid is a big time competitor and doesn't want to lose.  I like that in my PG.  he's not like anything we have currently on the roster. 

« Reply #1950 on: April 18, 2013, 11:00:40 PM »
+1 mcnpa

Poison

« Reply #1951 on: April 18, 2013, 11:35:27 PM »

Kid is our PG without a doubt.  He has a motor that doesn't stop.  It's a great quality.  He certainly has the talent, but not all kids have the motor. Rysheed has both and it's rare.  The kid is a big time competitor and doesn't want to lose.  I like that in my PG.  he's not like anything we have currently on the roster. 

It certainly looks that way. I'm just hesitant to expect him to be great so soon. Talent is certainly there, but a freshman is a freshman, and I've learned my lesson regarding expectations.

« Reply #1952 on: April 18, 2013, 11:38:43 PM »
Hopefully between the summer tour and non-conference games he will be ready to play pretty well in BE play but agree we need to have patience with a fr pt g.

Poison

« Reply #1953 on: April 18, 2013, 11:46:51 PM »
Hopefully between the summer tour and non-conference games he will be ready to play pretty well in BE play but agree we need to have patience with a fr pt g.

In fairness, the expectations should be on Branch, who was a top 50 recruit.

MCNPA

« Reply #1954 on: April 18, 2013, 11:48:38 PM »
Growing pains for everybody, but Rysheed is the goods.  He is another kid that isn't rattled and is a killer. I think he will be a problem for a lot of teams.

sju89tr

« Reply #1955 on: April 19, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »

In fairness, the expectations should be on Branch, who was a top 50 recruit.

You are right and further everyone shouldn't be worried about minutes either. Perhaps stats take a hit such as Dee going down to 15 PPG or Jakarr going down to 12 PPG. Stats don't matter for the most part with the exception of shooting percentage or assists to TO ratio. The kids when they come into games need to be productive and play smart basketball.

I would expect Dee and Sampson to get the most minutes followed by Pointer Sanchez Branch Jordan Obekpa and Greene with Hooper and Gift in the rotation as well. Every one of the top 8 should average over 20 minutes a game.   

derk

« Reply #1957 on: April 19, 2013, 09:49:24 AM »

It certainly looks that way. I'm just hesitant to expect him to be great so soon. Talent is certainly there, but a freshman is a freshman, and I've learned my lesson regarding expectations.

Absolutely true. The difference is he doesn't have to feel the pressure of having to be great. We have a great blend of star power (Karr and D'Lo ), experienced players( Sir, CO,and Phil ) and other new players on which expectations are equally being placed ( Sanchez) to make this a day at the beach experience for Sheed.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:50:57 AM by derk »

desco80

« Reply #1958 on: April 19, 2013, 10:46:47 AM »

I feel the same way.   I'd love for Jordan to step in and takeover pg duties if he's up for it.  But he's still just a freshmen.

I posted this on rm but the last 4 recruits ranked #22 were all point guards or combos,   Gives us some context for expectations.

2013 Rysheed Jordan. STJ
2012 Marcus Paige   UNC
2011 Nick Johnson.  Arizona
2010 Kendall Marshall. UNC

boo3

« Reply #1959 on: April 19, 2013, 10:58:57 AM »

I feel the same way.   I'd love for Jordan to step in and takeover pg duties if he's up for it.  But he's still just a freshmen.

I posted this on rm but the last 4 recruits ranked #22 were all point guards or combos,   Gives us some context for expectations.

2013 Rysheed Jordan. STJ
2012 Marcus Paige   UNC
2011 Nick Johnson.  Arizona
2010 Kendall Marshall. UNC

Hope he is better than those three guys.  Marshall was a good college, pass first PG.  Jordan's scoring ability and being able to get into the paint and draw defensemen is what hopefully will set him apart.