Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

Marillac

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1960 on: April 19, 2013, 11:09:04 AM »
Friday's Derby Classic stream;
http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/7726-derby-festival-classic-stream-7pm-et-41913/

Can't wait to see what he does.  The Derby Classic always has top notch talent.  We had a couple kids playing two years ago.  I really hope to see him take over and prove he was worthy of a McDonalds nod. 

MCNPA

« Reply #1961 on: April 19, 2013, 11:33:45 AM »
Friday's Derby Classic stream;
http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/7726-derby-festival-classic-stream-7pm-et-41913/

Can't wait to see what he does.  The Derby Classic always has top notch talent.  We had a couple kids playing two years ago.  I really hope to see him take over and prove he was worthy of a McDonalds nod.

Like I said, he'll be matching up against Cuse's Ennis.  Would love to see him dominate.

sju89tr

« Reply #1962 on: April 19, 2013, 12:10:58 PM »
Lookin good in red and black! I don't remember too many other recruits this happy to be a Johnnie publicly...very nice to see. It shows our brand is stronger than many think.

He just seems like a really passionate kid. Like a leader. I hope he's running our offense this season.

Kid is our PG without a doubt.  He has a motor that doesn't stop.  It's a great quality.  He certainly has the talent, but not all kids have the motor. Rysheed has both and it's rare.  The kid is a big time competitor and doesn't want to lose.  I like that in my PG.  he's not like anything we have currently on the roster. 

It certainly looks that way. I'm just hesitant to expect him to be great so soon. Talent is certainly there, but a freshman is a freshman, and I've learned my lesson regarding expectations.

I feel the same way.   I'd love for Jordan to step in and takeover pg duties if he's up for it.  But he's still just a freshmen.

I posted this on rm but the last 4 recruits ranked #22 were all point guards or combos,   Gives us some context for expectations.

2013 Rysheed Jordan. STJ
2012 Marcus Paige   UNC
2011 Nick Johnson.  Arizona
2010 Kendall Marshall. UNC

Hope he is better than those three guys.  Marshall was a good college, pass first PG.  Jordan's scoring ability and being able to get into the paint and draw defensemen is what hopefully will set him apart.

I also think this is the best recruiting class of the 4 with the exception perhaps of 2011.

« Reply #1963 on: April 19, 2013, 12:33:01 PM »
Lookin good in red and black! I don't remember too many other recruits this happy to be a Johnnie publicly...very nice to see. It shows our brand is stronger than many think.

He just seems like a really passionate kid. Like a leader. I hope he's running our offense this season.

Kid is our PG without a doubt.  He has a motor that doesn't stop.  It's a great quality.  He certainly has the talent, but not all kids have the motor. Rysheed has both and it's rare.  The kid is a big time competitor and doesn't want to lose.  I like that in my PG.  he's not like anything we have currently on the roster. 

It certainly looks that way. I'm just hesitant to expect him to be great so soon. Talent is certainly there, but a freshman is a freshman, and I've learned my lesson regarding expectations.

I feel the same way.   I'd love for Jordan to step in and takeover pg duties if he's up for it.  But he's still just a freshmen.

I posted this on rm but the last 4 recruits ranked #22 were all point guards or combos,   Gives us some context for expectations.

2013 Rysheed Jordan. STJ
2012 Marcus Paige   UNC
2011 Nick Johnson.  Arizona
2010 Kendall Marshall. UNC

Hope he is better than those three guys.  Marshall was a good college, pass first PG.  Jordan's scoring ability and being able to get into the paint and draw defensemen is what hopefully will set him apart.

I also think this is the best recruiting class of the 4 with the exception perhaps of 2011.

On paper this is the best and deepest recruiting class, especially at the top.

nbadraft.net currently has NINE guys from this class projected at first round draft picks in 2014!  That's insane.  That would mean that Rysheed is one of the top 11 players not projected to be one and done.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

« Reply #1966 on: April 19, 2013, 07:15:24 PM »
Sheed with two assists on fastbreaks. One after a rebound, one after a steal be him.

« Reply #1967 on: April 19, 2013, 07:20:32 PM »
The first thing I hear after tuning in, "and a bucket by Jordan." Music to my ears!

« Reply #1968 on: April 19, 2013, 07:24:26 PM »
Sheed with two assists on fastbreaks. One after a rebound, one after a steal be him.

You can really see that he enjoys passing the ball.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #1969 on: April 19, 2013, 07:31:10 PM »

Yeah, he only took one open just inside the three point line pull up jumper (missed it). Other than that 4 nice passes to open shooters, two converted. Needs to box out though. Not much playing time for him so far though.

Other than him I like Frankamp. Hes under control and a good shooter. Jujuan Johnson looks good all around also. Jerrel Martin cleaning up.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:33:40 PM by Save The Hero »

« Reply #1970 on: April 19, 2013, 07:35:55 PM »

Yeah, he only took one open just inside the three point line pull up jumper (missed it). Other than that 4 nice passes to open shooters, two converted. Needs to box out though. Not much playing time for him so far though.

Other than him I like Frankamp. Hes under control and a good shooter. Jujuan Johnson looks good all around also. Jerrel Martin cleaning up.

Frankamp looks unreal. Not only a shooter. Crafty as well.

« Reply #1971 on: April 19, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »
IDK who #2 in white is and I know this is an all star game, but this guy is a chucker and cannot pass.

Jordan with a chuck from three, but other than that looks under control. 4 assists. 3 on fast break.

« Reply #1972 on: April 19, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »
The first thing I hear after tuning in, "and a bucket by Jordan." Music to my ears!
Of course I just turn it on and he throws up a terrible airball from 3 but he does look good in a uniform and ecstatic to have him.  :)

« Reply #1973 on: April 19, 2013, 08:06:10 PM »
My link broke. Anyone elses still working?

Nevermind its back.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:06:38 PM by Save The Hero »

« Reply #1974 on: April 19, 2013, 08:09:02 PM »

Nevermind its back.

Same happened to me...just refresh it once in a while when it freezes.

« Reply #1975 on: April 19, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »

Nevermind its back.

Same happened to me...just refresh it once in a while when it freezes.

Thanks. Yeah thats what I did too.

« Reply #1976 on: April 19, 2013, 08:17:37 PM »
Jordan has gotten barely any playing time...I thought a 5 star recruit would get a ton. This is apparently a country basketball showcase for L'Ville, Kentucky, Indiana fans.

And just as I type this here he comes lol

« Reply #1977 on: April 19, 2013, 08:19:17 PM »
Jordan has gotten barely any playing time...I thought a 5 star recruit would get a ton. This is apparently a country basketball showcase for L'Ville, Kentucky, Indiana fans.

And just as I type this here he comes lol

They have made wholesale subs every five minutes. Pretty typical

« Reply #1978 on: April 19, 2013, 08:23:53 PM »
Ok, for everyone (mostly angry Temple fans) who said Jordan was a ball hog, I hope they just saw that last play. Jordan had an EASY fast break where 95% of kids would slam it down for a highlight. Instead, he dished it to Frazier to let him get the highlight dunk. It was almost so unselfish that it was a bad play...he reallys hould have taken that himself.

« Reply #1979 on: April 19, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »
Sheed's shot is really off today. Nothing is falling, but he has around 8 assists with the ball not being in his hands much. Keith Frazier is chucking all the shots for the white team with Jordan in the game.