Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

Poison

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #2020 on: April 21, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »
Excitement abounds and wit good cause.
But lets remember that PG is the hardest position to master in D1 ball. We only had one frosh who excelled from day one: EB.
Just sayin hope fo the best but keep them expectation in perspective.

Cook?

I thought Cook was terrific as a freshman. He had a supporting cast of guys who dramatically overrated, out of shape and injury prone. Plus a coach who wasn't very nice.

« Reply #2021 on: April 21, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »
But lets remember that PG is the hardest position to master in D1 ball. We only had one frosh who excelled from day one: EB.

How do you say El Savior in Philadelphian?
cheesesteak

desco80

« Reply #2022 on: April 21, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »

Choz, no love for Omar ?

« Reply #2023 on: April 21, 2013, 10:23:34 PM »
I agree, the toughest position is the pg next to a true center, but if lavin visioned yr 3 to be the yr we make the big step, the players next to Jordan should be able to make him a better player as is he, going to make them better.

paultzman

« Reply #2024 on: April 22, 2013, 11:55:17 AM »
April 28; Ish Wainright playing as well.
The Capital Classic is the longest-running high school all-star basketball game in the country.

Several of the nation's top players will participate in this year's event.

Joining Johnson on the U.S. squad will be recent St. John's commit Rysheed Jordan (Voux,Phila,Pa /St,John's), Pittsburgh recruit Mike Young (St. Benedict's Prep/Newark, N.J.) and Florida State recruit Xavier Rathan-Mayes (Huntington Prep,Huntington, W. Va.) among several others.

The Capital All-Star team includes North Carolina State recruit BeeJay Anya (DeMatha) and a pair of Villanova commits in Josh Hart (Sidwell Friends) and Kris Jenkins (Gonzaga).

http://www.dcbasketball.com/index.php
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:01:50 PM by paultzman »

kjd01067

« Reply #2025 on: April 23, 2013, 10:59:59 AM »
All Discussion of Barkley and Cook has been moved to its own thread on the main board.  Please keep this thread on the topic of Rysheed only

paultzman

« Reply #2026 on: April 23, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »
Lot of great players;

“@MarcusHelton: Capital Classic Rosters | DMVelite | http://dmvelite.com/news/capital-classic-rosters-released#.UXaHWI3mDQ0.twitter @TakingFlight_23  @TeamNike_Hart @Wainright24 @Quis_Jurell @ShowMeLoveStan”

« Reply #2027 on: April 23, 2013, 12:00:32 PM »

Omar Cook excelled from day 1, imo.

Poison

« Reply #2029 on: April 24, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »

Omar Cook excelled from day 1, imo.

Kentucky. Remember what he did to Saul Smith?

« Reply #2031 on: April 26, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »
April 28; Ish Wainright playing as well.
The Capital Classic is the longest-running high school all-star basketball game in the country.

Several of the nation's top players will participate in this year's event.

Joining Johnson on the U.S. squad will be recent St. John's commit Rysheed Jordan (Voux,Phila,Pa /St,John's), Pittsburgh recruit Mike Young (St. Benedict's Prep/Newark, N.J.) and Florida State recruit Xavier Rathan-Mayes (Huntington Prep,Huntington, W. Va.) among several others.

The Capital All-Star team includes North Carolina State recruit BeeJay Anya (DeMatha) and a pair of Villanova commits in Josh Hart (Sidwell Friends) and Kris Jenkins (Gonzaga).

http://www.dcbasketball.com/index.php
I'll be at the game again this year.  I'll give my review of Rysheed and some of the other players.  Kris Jenkins will be the MVP, raining threes from all over the arc.

paultzman

« Reply #2032 on: April 29, 2013, 01:26:56 PM »
It appears that Jordan and two other players were not there. This once respected tourney has really gone down. Once played at Capital Center, it is now held at a HS facility.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/recruiting-insider/wp/2013/04/29/capital-classic-news-and-notes-from-the-40th-annual-all-star-game/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 01:27:23 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #2033 on: April 29, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »
It appears that Jordan and two other players were not there. This once respected tourney has really gone down. Once played at Capital Center, it is now held at a HS facility.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/recruiting-insider/wp/2013/04/29/capital-classic-news-and-notes-from-the-40th-annual-all-star-game/

I remember that Tourney in the late 80's.  As a High School All-American game it was rivaled only by the McD's AA.

I remember the famous class of 1988, considered by many to be one of the great high school class of all time: Mourning, Billy Owens, Laettner, Malik Sealy, Chris Jackson.  They all were in the Capital Classic played at the old Cap Center in Landover where the then Washignton Bullets (now Wizards), Capitals and Hoyas use to play.

Now I think the Jordan Classic has sort of surpassed the CC as the "other" premiere high school AA game.

LJSA

« Reply #2034 on: April 29, 2013, 02:12:31 PM »
The Dapper Dan Roundball Classic was another good one if I recall correctly. Was definitely televised and I remember some big names in there. Not sure if it even exists anymore.

paultzman

« Reply #2035 on: April 29, 2013, 02:14:45 PM »

I remember that Tourney in the late 80's.  As a High School All-American game it was rivaled only by the McD's AA.

I remember the famous class of 1988, considered by many to be one of the great high school class of all time: Mourning, Billy Owens, Laettner, Malik Sealy, Chris Jackson.  They all were in the Capital Classic played at the old Cap Center in Landover where the then Washignton Bullets (now Wizards), Capitals and Hoyas use to play.

Now I think the Jordan Classic has sort of surpassed the CC as the "other" premiere high school AA game.

Robert Werdann too!

http://articles.philly.com/1988-04-14/sports/26254261_1_temple-program-temple-university-great-expectations

« Reply #2036 on: April 29, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »

The fact that it is held at a High School is not for the reason you indicated.  It was originally switched to high schools in the area from Cole Field house because it was thought to give a recruiting advantage for schools to host it on campus.

I was at the Cap Classic from the 90s on through to last year, missing some along the way to other commitments.  But I did see LeBron James play at the Verizon Center in 2003, all the Terps recruits last year, as well as many future local HS players committed to the Terps when they played in the 90s.

Last year's classic at TC Williams was a blast. All the Terps commits (5 at the time - SC Jr got Prop Joe'd since then) took photos for Terps fans, and Montrez Harrell was a lot of fun to watch.  I was looking forward to Rysheed playing, but alas....

desco80

« Reply #2037 on: April 29, 2013, 08:41:30 PM »

The fact that it is held at a High School is not for the reason you indicated.  It was originally switched to high schools in the area from Cole Field house because it was thought to give a recruiting advantage for schools to host it on campus.

I was at the Cap Classic from the 90s on through to last year, missing some along the way to other commitments.  But I did see LeBron James play at the Verizon Center in 2003, all the Terps recruits last year, as well as many future local HS players committed to the Terps when they played in the 90s.

Last year's classic at TC Williams was a blast. All the Terps commits (5 at the time - SC Jr got Prop Joe'd since then) took photos for Terps fans, and Montrez Harrell was a lot of fun to watch.  I was looking forward to Rysheed playing, but alas....

Ive seen every episode of the Wire multiple times, but I still can't figure out what you mean when you say a guy was Prop Joe'd.  Little help?

« Reply #2038 on: April 29, 2013, 09:53:02 PM »
A lot of optimism here...anyone concerned about him qualifying?

paultzman

« Reply #2039 on: April 29, 2013, 09:58:06 PM »
A lot of optimism here...anyone concerned about him qualifying?

Come on! Have we ever had such problems?