Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY - SYRACUSE

• 694 replies

paultzman

Re: Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY
« Reply #260 on: June 01, 2012, 07:20:47 AM »
Chris is playing in Cali this weekend at Pangos AA Camp. Stanley Johnson will also participate.

paultzman

« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »
“@TheRecruitScoop: UCLA is now expressing interest in Chris McCullough, a 2014 PF from Team Scan (NY). Memphis & Kansas recently offered.”

paultzman

« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2012, 06:28:39 PM »
“@trentschlom: Really impressed by Salisbury HS (CT) senior Chris McCullough. 6-9 athlete. Matchup nightmare w/ touch. Best player in #Pangos Top 60 game.”

kob24

« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2012, 12:52:12 PM »
No he wasn't. I heard the kid from babc and the Australian big man where complete animals

paultzman

« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2012, 01:31:03 PM »
Chris and Lawrence are listed.

“@NYCHoops: NBPA Top 100 Announced: The NBPA Top 100 Camp was created by the NBPA in 1994 to assist elite high school studen... http://t.co/cGkIk6Nj

paultzman

« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »
Jeff Borzello notes Chris stating Cuse, Zona, SJU and Kansas putting in the most effort in his recruitment. BOY, Book and Miller can sure recruit!

« Reply #267 on: June 08, 2012, 07:06:43 PM »
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
2014 F Chris McCullough will visit Syracuse & Memphis this summer, per his AAU coach. Will also visit Rutgers, Seton Hall & St. John's

desco80

NYCoffey

« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2012, 12:49:39 PM »
Chris McCullough (Team Scan 2014) – Arguably the top prospect participating in this weekend’s event, McCullough glides around the court at a different speed than everyone else. While he doesn’t always dominate (and didn’t particularly do so on Saturday) it is very obvious that he’s operating on a different level than most everyone else. His finishes above the rim were among the tournaments best and seemed to be rather easy for him to complete. Higher intensity and a focus to dominate every possession will transform McCullough from an elite talent and prospect to an elite player and potential pro.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0611/2012-rumble-in-the-bronx-recap-part-ii/

paultzman

« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »
“@jeffborzello: Was sort of disappointed with Chris McCullough's play at Pangos, but he's playing really well right now. Running floor, finishing, hit a 3.”

paultzman

« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »
“@JeffRabjohns: Chris McCullough, Sindarius Thornwell, 7-5 Mamadou Ndiaye and the Thunder win the NBPA #top100camp title game.”

“@JoshPaunilNRS: A great team effort by everyone on the Thunder. Not sure when they'll announce awards but hopefully soon. Chris McCullough may be my MVP.”

“@TMcCormickESPN: Chris McCullough with a breakout performance. 14 and 6boards. Getting stronger as the camp progresses is a great sign.”

paultzman

« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »
Former All Hallows and UVA standout, OP, shows Chris some support!

“@OldenPolynice1: @__CMAC21 @TheNBPA good job Chris. Thank u for working hard. Good luck in ur coming season. If you need my help don't hesitate to hit me up.”

« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2012, 11:27:11 AM »
Latest article by Kline n the Villanova Rivals site implies Nova may have a leg up because Chris wants to play college with Conrad Chambers:

McCullough claims offers from all of those institutions except for UCLA. He does "not yet" have any schools leading the way in the race to land him.

However, Villanova has an advantage that most of those other programs cannot claim at this point.

McCullough said he is planning to go to college with his AAU teammate Conrad Chambers, a 2014 point guard at Friends Central (PA). Not only is Chambers at school in the Philadelphia area, but McCullough said the schools the two normally talk about are Villanova, Syracuse and Rutgers.

"Good coaching relationship and just a transition offense," McCullough said.

On the topic of coaching relationships, McCullough listed four coaches he has the strongest ones with right now. He mentioned head coaches from Syracuse (Jim Boeheim) and St. John's (Steve Lavin) as well as assistants from UConn (Kevin Ollie) and Syracuse (Adrian Autry).

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1376952

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:27:42 AM by fordham96 »

« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »
Going to visit Memphis soon:

Syracuse, Kansas, Arizona, Providence, St. John's, Iowa State, UConn and Miami (FL), among others have already offered the five-star prospect. Memphis, from the Conference USA, joined his long list of schools today according to his AAU coach Terrence "Munch" Williams.

"Head coach Josh Pastner [extended the offer]" coach Williams said.The last time I checked in with McCullough, he said he wanted to visit Memphis this summer. The Conference USA power will still most likely get an unofficial out of McCullough, although, he said, "I didn't plan one yet."

Meanwhile, coach Williams expects him to set up a visit to Memphis in August after the AAU season.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1377343

paultzman

« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2012, 07:50:10 AM »
Great summary of local recruiting action! I notice Conrad Chambers, a buddy of Chris M. has received attention from SJU. Recent rumors, fwiw, note they would like to play together. Chris visit to SJU referenced as well, not scheduled yet.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/boys_basketball_recruiting_roundup_GJCfwGl72i3PoiPOEyuXxK
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:55:48 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »
Lavin is great at working the package deal.

Moose

« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2012, 03:58:24 PM »
Latest article by Kline n the Villanova Rivals site implies Nova may have a leg up because Chris wants to play college with Conrad Chambers:

McCullough claims offers from all of those institutions except for UCLA. He does "not yet" have any schools leading the way in the race to land him.

However, Villanova has an advantage that most of those other programs cannot claim at this point.

McCullough said he is planning to go to college with his AAU teammate Conrad Chambers, a 2014 point guard at Friends Central (PA). Not only is Chambers at school in the Philadelphia area, but McCullough said the schools the two normally talk about are Villanova, Syracuse and Rutgers.

"Good coaching relationship and just a transition offense," McCullough said.

On the topic of coaching relationships, McCullough listed four coaches he has the strongest ones with right now. He mentioned head coaches from Syracuse (Jim Boeheim) and St. John's (Steve Lavin) as well as assistants from UConn (Kevin Ollie) and Syracuse (Adrian Autry).

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1376952

Anyone know the story with Chambers?  Is he originally from NY and out in PA now?  Or always from PA and just running with Scan?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #278 on: June 22, 2012, 02:28:42 AM »
Chambers is a Philly kid. The 1 geographic roster exception for Team Scan. I think he's a little overrated but a very good player. I think he's one of those bully type guards who dominates at a younger age only for everyone else to catch up to him. He attacks the basket well but isn't super athletic. Out of the 2 team scan guards I'd take Shavar Newkirk over Chambers.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #279 on: June 22, 2012, 08:39:32 AM »
Chambers is a Philly kid. The 1 geographic roster exception for Team Scan. I think he's a little overrated but a very good player. I think he's one of those bully type guards who dominates at a younger age only for everyone else to catch up to him. He attacks the basket well but isn't super athletic. Out of the 2 team scan guards I'd take Shavar Newkirk over Chambers.

Thanks Dave.
Remember who broke the Slice news