Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY - SYRACUSE

• 694 replies

ras

Hopefully "Syracuse slant" issues won't result from Zach's brief synopsis;
“@nyp_sports: Top recruit Chris McCullough chooses Syracuse over St. Johns' http://t.co/XMui2lpm

i'm sorry paultzman, it seems that you and others have ties to this guy, but i don't see these last two articles being friendly to the program.  with words like "snub" and "whiff", i feel that this guy is going out of his way to rub our faces in these losses.  i don't know this guy, and i don't know what he's wrote about us in the past...but these last two articles were not friendly at all.  at least, those are my thoughts.

If anything the first and last line of this article are very much complimentary to us.

"Major recruiting battle"

"Rare"

Thank you Moose!

hey guys, its nothing personal...just my impression.  i'll make a case one more time and gladly let you guys have the last word.  moose, unfortunately you left out "syracuse won...over st john's" in the first line, and "a clear...loss on the recruiting front for steve laving..." on the last line.  how u want to interpret that is obviously your perogative.

We did lose him to Syracuse, and he is expected to be quite good.     Saying they won a big recruiting battle over us seems like stating the facts, no?
Yes , It was a loss and Lavin lost out on this one. Nothing about those statements are demeaning to SJU. Hopefully we ll get Lawrence and Jorden, then we ll be happy campers.

i stand corrected.  lets move on.

Happy

I'm a little shocked at this one as I was with Wainright.  Was told he loved staff etc..  But no shame in losing out to Cuse with him. It's a great basketball program and with some more on the court winning we should be able to win all of these battles.  I'm confident we will get our share and many local players have flat out said that they want to come here.  Unfortunately it wasn't this big fish. 

paultzman

“@NYPost_Brazille: Spoke with Chris McCullough. Bottom line: He feels Syracuse gives him best chance to get to NBA. #collegehoops”

Poison

When St.John's is your "dream school", you go there. End of story. F NY kids. Let them all leave.

sju89tr

New York is still a tough enviornment for St Johns hoops, this is a huge hit for recruiting. Staff needs to make a statement and land Lawrence. All else will be good as Lawrence is probably not a one and done and will bridge the gap to 2013.

i stand corrected.  lets move on.
Maybe he should have said kid made a big mistake. Sorry, a bit grouchy after a week with no power.

kob24

Brewster coach

paultzman

Brewster coach

Really? If so, doesn't say much for Chris, being influenced to make such a big decision in the short time he has been with Smith.

Brewster coach

Really? If so, doesn't say much for Chris, being influenced to make such a big decision in the short time he has been with Smith.

Agreed. I mean Chris just got there, and he's already being influenced? These adults are disgusting. Let a kid make his own decision. If big Chris wants Cuse then so be it, but I'm not sure why his family or people close to him would let this coach gain that much control. Is it really worth playing at brewster?

kob24

Nobody can make anyone sign but they can influence.

sju89tr

It is ironic though that Patterson to Cuse is followed by McCullough. Patterson even decommitted just before enrolling at Brewster,

Kob do you think it's over? A lot of time until next Nov.

kob24

I think so. I mean to be honest it's not a bad fit for him. I'm not a huge fan of the acc but its gonna look different. Im just surprised he didn't wait for Kentucky to he involved. That is the shock for me.

Good luck to Chris.  Syracuse is a great basketball school and I'm sure he'll do well there.

Would've loved to see him suit up for the hometown team, but there's no use arguing Cuse's track record.  Hopefully, over the next couple of years our school continues to show it can put players in the NBA on a consistent basis (case in point, DJ Kennedy and Moe Harkless at the current moment).  Based on the current roster, I think we have a couple others who will be in the league before long.

desco80

What do we gotta do to get Smith on our side the way he's been for Kansas and Syracuse? 
Seems like Lav shows him love, he's visited up there a ton.   Is there something our staff isn't doing, or just a matter of prep coaches like to boast they sent a player to a big name school like "Syracuse" ?
If that's it then we just need to continue to put w's on the board and recruit.   But if there are superficial things we can be doing to show him more love (or other local coaches for that matter) then that should be on the to do list. 

When St.John's is your "dream school", you go there. End of story. F NY kids. Let them all leave.

Jermaine Lawrence?

Brewster coach

I still want to know why this is the case? We have two of his former players that he loved, isn't that enough

LJSA

Brewster coach

I still want to know why this is the case? We have two of his former players that he loved, isn't that enough

One who he didn't want coming here. And the other came from Harvard, so he was already out of his clutches.

kob24

You guys forgot how long it took to get back jakar.