Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY - SYRACUSE

• 694 replies
Re: Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY
« Reply #280 on: June 22, 2012, 12:20:23 PM »
He tells scout.com he plans on cutting his list to 6 next month:

“I'm going to drop it down to a top six next month,” he told Scout.com.

How will McCullough get his list down to a half dozen? McCullough said he’s looking at three specific things.

“Coaches, relationships and their style of play,” McCullough said.

McCullough hasn’t taken any recent visits and said that it’s too early to start naming a favorite.

“Not at this point,” he responded when asked about a favorite.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/

« Reply #281 on: June 22, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »
Really want to see us land this NYC kid for 2014

paultzman

« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »
Nice synopsis w a touch of Orange bias! Lol

“@NationOfOrange: Chris McCullough Update From Kevin Durant Skills Academy: http://t.co/eNiIneW6 @__CMAC21”

desco80

« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »

“@NationOfOrange: Chris McCullough Update From Kevin Durant Skills Academy: http://t.co/eNiIneW6 @__CMAC21”

He's just the most recent one to say it, but how come NO ONE wants to be a Center anymore??

"At 6'10, McCullough has the height to play in the post and the versatility to step away, but said it doesn't matter what position he ends up playing.

"I hope I can play the 3 but I can play both the 3 and the 4 easily," he added."

It used to be if you were 6'10 and only a Junior in HS.. you were a center.   Period.     
Why don't these athletic kids want to play in the post?   A guy like McCullough would be impossible to guard for most big men, he can put it on the deck and dribble around you, or step out and shoot from mid range. 

Moose

« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2012, 03:20:05 PM »

He's just the most recent one to say it, but how come NO ONE wants to be a Center anymore??

"At 6'10, McCullough has the height to play in the post and the versatility to step away, but said it doesn't matter what position he ends up playing.

"I hope I can play the 3 but I can play both the 3 and the 4 easily," he added."

It used to be if you were 6'10 and only a Junior in HS.. you were a center.   Period.     
Why don't these athletic kids want to play in the post?   A guy like McCullough would be impossible to guard for most big men, he can put it on the deck and dribble around you, or step out and shoot from mid range. 

He is more willing to mix it up down low than Lawrence actually.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
Pitino a fierce recruiter, seems to be everywhere lately.

“@AdamZagoria: Louisville coach Rick Pitino called 2014 F Chris McCullough today to confirm a scholarship offer, per his AAU coach”

« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2012, 04:52:52 PM »

Because when you're a center you are constantly fighting down low with other big guys and depending on who your guards are you might not even touch the ball. It takes a toll on your body and it isn't a "glamour" position. Also if you look around the NBA today there aren't any dominant low post scorers but players like Kevin Durant at 6'10 has proven you can be a super star perimeter scorer. Its a shame because low post scorers can be a huge boost to your team.

jr49

« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2012, 05:32:09 PM »
And make max money. Knicks a 35 win team without Tyson. Loved Blair. He'd bang down low at 6-7, with no cartridge left in his knees, while laughing and lovin it. Is Gathers that type of player?

Moose

« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2012, 05:34:55 PM »
And make max money. Knicks a 35 win team without Tyson. Loved Blair. He'd bang down low at 6-7, with no cartridge left in his knees, while laughing and lovin it. Is Gathers that type of player?

Gathers has a tendency to venture out from the paint a bit.  If he learns to stay down low he can be a very successful player IMO.

Happy

« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »
According to Bballdiary.. Mcculough is going to play at Brewster next year.

paultzman

« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2012, 08:06:15 PM »
BB Diary tweeted that Chris is transferring to Brewster Academy.

MCNPA

« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2012, 08:08:55 PM »

Hmm.  Figuring out how to interpret this.  I hope it good and that Lavs has smoothed everything over with Jason Smith. 

Moose

« Reply #292 on: June 27, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »

According to SJUHoopNut he was at the Nike Event on the LES tonight wearing a Brewster shirt.

Happy

« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2012, 08:17:05 PM »

According to SJUHoopNut he was at the Nike Event on the LES tonight wearing a Brewster shirt.

Nice. I have seen some pictures of the new court they just built.  It looks amazing.. Was reading a report that Dayshon Smith ( who I hope we are recruiting) was killing it .  Looking forward to a hoopnut report :)

Moose

« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2012, 08:32:58 PM »

Nice. I have seen some pictures of the new court they just built.  It looks amazing.. Was reading a report that Dayshon Smith ( who I hope we are recruiting) was killing it .  Looking forward to a hoopnut report :)

Smith seems to be blowing up

Happy

« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2012, 08:42:30 PM »

Yea he is really good.. I think we had interest at one time. 

Moose

« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2012, 08:46:14 PM »

Yea he is really good.. I think we had interest at one time. 

I think he came to Midnight Madness one of the last two years.

Happy

« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2012, 10:09:37 PM »
Maybe Bball diary jumped the gun?  Zags reporting that Mcculough has not committed to Brewster per his AAU coach.

« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »

Hmm.  Figuring out how to interpret this.  I hope it good and that Lavs has smoothed everything over with Jason Smith.

What beef does Smith have with Lavin. We have 2 of his former players I doubt there is nothing between the 2

kob24

« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2012, 05:36:45 AM »
Smith is controlling. Lav went through the parents if I'm not mistaken