Rob Thomas Ballin

• 38 replies

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: Rob Thomas Ballin
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 04:53:47 PM »
Having a "healthy" Thomas(and Mase) come conference play is going to be HUGE imo..  8) .. Folks, this kid is a BIG TIME offensive player. He is built like a truck & has one of the sweetest jumpers around... like i said a month ago : SEE U IN HAWAII RT!!!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 04:59:20 PM »
you're going to hawaii, oldred?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 05:03:59 PM »
Dont know what to expect from a hardcore playa who aint been on the court in a long times.

But I's will be smilin from ear to ear boy 'cause it will just bring cheer to see the brotha back out there playin fo the team he grew up dreamin on. Keep yo head up boy!

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 09:12:48 PM »
choz, did u see rob a lot in his aau days?
if so was he a dominant player? thanks
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 09:25:33 PM »
i saw him play quite a bit. he can do a lot and hes extremely difficult to guards because of his build and wat he can do. he's deceptively (or used to be) quick but can also shoot the mid range jumper. hes a bit like michael glover on SHU (is he eligible yet?) and i think thats a good comparison.  i think rob is a little bit better because he can shoot the ball.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 09:50:25 PM »
yea i was surprised at Rob's quickness and handle. When I first saw him I thought he was a post player but looks like he has more of a balanced game than I originally thought.

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 09:54:33 PM »
I've never seen him play.  I have heard the hype.  In terms of comparison (not in terms of the type of game they play, but rather in terms of "talent"), is he like a Burrell (top recruit, build a program around him) or a Horne (solid recruit, solid contributor) or an Evans (a project)?

Obviously I don't expect the world from him b/c of the injury, but he's supposed to have all the talent a coach could want.

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 10:24:28 PM »
i dont think he's that much like any of them but burrell would be the closest comparison of the 3.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 10:36:51 PM »
choz, did u see rob a lot in his aau days?
if so was he a dominant player? thanks

Poison wuz straight up the best in the city when he was like a soph or jr at Wadleigh (I get all screwed up tryin to remmeber what grade he wuz in cause of all teh reclassification). He wuz bigger than anybody else. He could run, sky, post, bound, handle and shoot any which way. He wuz power wit finesse like few ever see.

I haven't seen the brotha in years since he went to all them preps and like I says the No. 4 dont go up to Conn or Maine or whatever. So I's really dont know what Rob gonna bring.

southernjohnny

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 11:01:01 PM »
i saw him play quite a bit. he can do a lot and hes extremely difficult to guards because of his build and wat he can do. he's deceptively (or used to be) quick but can also shoot the mid range jumper. hes a bit like michael glover on SHU (is he eligible yet?) and i think thats a good comparison.  i think rob is a little bit better because he can shoot the ball.
  a bit better?? he was ranked 60 in a very deep class....compaaring him to Glover is a major insult...if he had grades he would of been very highly recruited...and i mean very...his name is known from UFA to Chapel Hill...he is a nyc legend in his day..

Poison

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 11:15:46 PM »
  a bit better?? he was ranked 60 in a very deep class....compaaring him to Glover is a major insult...if he had grades he would of been very highly recruited...and i mean very...his name is known from UFA to Chapel Hill...he is a nyc legend in his day..

Comparing any Norm recruited SJu player to Glover is an insult.
He might be the most accomplished SJU player since Malik Sealy.

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »
working a lot of camps this summer the first name people(players) would ask about was Rob Thomas. Saying he was a "Beast" "Impossible to guard" "Scored at will"

To me that says something but the only thing I've seen is a half ass effort at Taftner playing against kids half his size. Sure I could see the potential but he wasn't trying at all.

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 11:43:54 PM »
i was talking about mike glover, not anthony glover, poison.  southernjohnny, do you ever go out and see these kids play? were you at spring is8 last year when glover was one of the top 3 players in the league and playoffs? were you there when he more than held his own against an 08 all american in samardo samuels?

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 08:00:53 AM »

Comparing any Norm recruited SJu player to Glover is an insult.
He might be the most accomplished SJU player since Malik Sealy.

Lets not go that far, yo.

pmg911

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 08:04:41 AM »
he is a nyc legend in his day..

that is one of the funniest thing you have ever said....

LEGEND..?    NYC legends =    Hawkins..   Alcindor...  the Goat...   Joe Hammond...  King Brother's..   Mullin..   Kenny Anderson. .  Rafer Alston..   even more recently. .   Stephon Marbury..    Jamal Tinsley...      and many others I have left out...

Rob Thomas is NOT a NYC Legend...

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »
you're going to hawaii, oldred?

I wish JJ... can't wait to "hear" Rob's debut in Hawaii on the 'fan..  8) .. btw - RT is a GREAT kid & having him coming off the bench during conference play is going to give this team a HUGE boost..  ;D .. peace!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 10:29:02 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 03:32:40 PM »
Is it possible that Rob will be eligible for Niagra game (12/15) ?

Do final exams end the day before (fri 12/14) ?

Molloy '71

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 03:41:55 PM »
last day of finals is technically sat. the 15th, so like it has been said before, he won't be eligible to play until the hawaii tourney

Tha Kid

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 10:52:49 PM »
Why in the world do the undergrads have saturday finals? Worst thing ive ever heard of!  Can we just scrap that day and let Rob play? 8-)
"I drink and I know things"