Re: St. John's Great Mullin to Enter Hall [NY POST]
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 03:10:59 PM »
A hearty congrats to the living legend.

You continue to make the entire SJU community proud.  :up:

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »
Nice! Who is that in that back with his mouth open?

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »
There are some players who seem organically connected to their alma maters. That is, you can't imagine seeing them in any other uniform except the one they wore. Patrick Ewing? Eternally a Georgetown guy. Was Christian Laettner not made for Duke? And another such player was Chris Mullin, St. John's through and through.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jack_mccallum/08/12/chris.mullin.hof/index.html#ixzz1UrQVm0C7
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 04:50:43 PM »
I've collected basketball video for years, and I found some pretty cool dunks in my Mullin footage. There he is jamming over Alvin Robertson during a game in the 1992-93 season. He's bringing down the house at St. John's with a breakaway slam. And I found a clip showing Mullin, coming down the right baseline, elevating for a right-handed dunk over Phoenix' Mark West. "Almost fell on my ass, too," he recalled. "I think I got so high because he boosted me up and I got stuck on his leg. Sure, I remember it. I remember all my dunks."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/threedotblog/detail?entry_id=95046#ixzz1V8Ie1rcB

Gumby

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »
Chris had so many great games with us, but do you remember his first MSG game with Gtwn.  I think we lost by forty points.  It was ugly.  I forgot how many Chris got.  Revenge is sweet, as we beat them the following year at MSG with Chris being on.

Wods317

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »
Mullin and Lavin are going to address the campers at St. John's basketball camp tomorrow. Its good to have Mullin back on campus and especially talking to the kids. Also Amir and Moe were working out in CA with some of the campers earlier in the day.