New rankings came out today.

Kyle Anderson - 6

Amile Jefferson - 24

Ricardo Gathers - 31

Katin Reinhardt - 61

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/rankings

Re: ESPNU 2012 Top 100 Update
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:25:21 PM »
Christopher Obekpa checks in at #93, as well.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »
Never seen Obekpa, but from all I've read,

It sounds like he could REALLY use an extra year (reclass)
then he would be perfect to come in 2013 when GG graduates ?

Of note that Jevon did not make this 100
Molloy '71

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 11:10:33 PM »
Notable 2014 rankings

Dakari Johnson- 4
Chris McCullough- 11
Isaiah Whitehead- 20

kob24

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 09:05:38 AM »
lets go chris. he had a amazing summer

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »
lets go chris. he had a amazing summer

Are you tight with him KOB?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kob24

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 02:46:58 AM »
he plays for my mans team.

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 11:20:11 AM »
If we land Anderson that gives us #6 and #31 according to ESPNU.  The current #2 class is Arizona with only two commits:   #10 Grant and #37 Gabe York.  I do think York will climb much higher, however, and it's still very early!

Our class from last year would likely be the #1 class this year by a lot when all is said and done.  #24 Amile Jefferson and maybe a late signee to replace a transfer could also get us there this year. 

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 12:59:31 PM »
If we land Anderson that gives us #6 and #31 according to ESPNU.  The current #2 class is Arizona with only two commits:   #10 Grant and #37 Gabe York.  I do think York will climb much higher, however, and it's still very early!

Our class from last year would likely be the #1 class this year by a lot when all is said and done.  #24 Amile Jefferson and maybe a late signee to replace a transfer could also get us there this year. 

a lot of unsigned talent still to go however.

I think your spot on with gabe york. I was really impressed with him from what I saw
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »

I think your spot on with gabe york. I was really impressed with him from what I saw

A ton of talent left, but I think a bunch of the the highest ranked guys like Anderson and McGarry will go to atypical destinations (St. John's and Notre Dame?) and a few other schools like Baylor, Arizona, Texas, Uconn, and Syracuse could dillute the hauls of Duke and Kentucky. 

UNC is weird to me now.  We've pulled in better talent the last two seasons.  I do expect them to pull in more and I ike their lone signees this year #29 Marcus Paige (also love his AAU teammate Gesell?), but they signed five guys last year and only two of them were top 100.  That is a bad year for UNC. 

MCNPA

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 02:59:56 PM »

A ton of talent left, but I think a bunch of the the highest ranked guys like Anderson and McGarry will go to atypical destinations (St. John's and Notre Dame?) and a few other schools like Baylor, Arizona, Texas, Uconn, and Syracuse could dillute the hauls of Duke and Kentucky. 

UNC is weird to me now.  We've pulled in better talent the last two seasons.  I do expect them to pull in more and I ike their lone signees this year #29 Marcus Paige (also love his AAU teammate Gesell?), but they signed five guys last year and only two of them were top 100.  That is a bad year for UNC.

I don't think it is weird, and you bring up a good point.  There was a time when Duke and UNC were the only schools bringing in just about every top guy.  While UNC has a great lineup this year, guys like Lavin, Sean Miller, Crean and quite a few others have brought parity to the recruiting world.  I think a lot of it is attributable to more mid-major success in the tournament which has increased exposure of more schools as well as the emergence of the Big East as clearly the big dog conference.  UNC and duke will still get talent, but by no means is there the great divide there once was.  In addition, the "new guard" of coaches are starting to flex some muscle and there will come a time soon when the old guard will start to retire.