Broncs to play Ohio State and St. John's during 2011-12 season

• 23 replies

Moose

Re: Broncs to play Ohio State and St. John's during 2011-12 season
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 02:34:24 PM »
Scheduling is never easy.  Remember last yr we were scrambling for last minute dates and got St. Mary's at 2am or whatever.  Someone posted a website not sure if it was Redmen or here where schools post about dates and games they are looking for.  It might have been this was the only game that worked into our schedule.  I know everyone thinks its easy to pick and choose games.  Factors such as travel, arena availability, classes and time out of school all come into play and make it awfully tough.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 03:59:44 PM »
i'm glad we get to buy a win or two.  the schedule is brutal.

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 05:48:01 PM »
Scheduling is never easy.  Remember last yr we were scrambling for last minute dates and got St. Mary's at 2am or whatever.  Someone posted a website not sure if it was Redmen or here where schools post about dates and games they are looking for.  It might have been this was the only game that worked into our schedule.  I know everyone thinks its easy to pick and choose games.  Factors such as travel, arena availability, classes and time out of school all come into play and make it awfully tough.

http://bti.sportshd.com/mens_schedule_board

If this is what you re a talking about it was me early last year i believe...really scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with UTPA though.

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 05:50:23 PM »
As a matter of fact this is exaclty how the game was scheduled. If you go on there and search texas pan am they have posted asking for an east coast game for dec 20-21 bc they already had a game for dec 18 (army).