would this season be different if?!?!?!?!

• 8 replies
would this season be different if?!?!?!?!
« on: February 23, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »
sly came here. now i know he would not of played for us till next season but the was some posts wrote, that other recuirts would follow. and since he said no none have said yes to this program. i really think we might be alittle better. right now there is no hope at the end of the tunnel and no reason to cheer. if he said yes there would be hope and some reason to cheer

Re: would this season be different if?!?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »
i don't like playing "what if" games
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:21:50 PM »
What if Chris Mullin went to Duke?

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 02:40:55 AM »
I agree with Stonecutter. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. We lost on national TV by 30 points. We have about 5 games left will most likely lose 4/5. We have no recruits coming in. Most peopleon this board think Norm is coming back. What can we expect from next year. The last few years players have transfered. Things happened before Norm got here that were not his fault. But  Arron Sprears, Patterson, Q, Ricky whaterver is name were recrutied by Norm. They are part of the problem. THey are Norms fault. What can we expect for next year. 7-9 big east record. The worst thing that happened today and this season is St. John's got embarrassed and no one cared. Not even the few hundred people on this web site. Not even the Johnny Jungle forum expected us to compete. 

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 02:54:49 AM »
It sucks I just can't get all worked up about it its not worth beating myself up for. We all want to see better results. I was pretty envious of Duke today and I said to my father who I watched the game with I haven't had a meaningful game I cared about in a long time. Since high school my father pointed out is probably the last game that meant something to me. If you want to know how rough its been I'm a Dolphins, Mets, Mavs fan and all 3 have either sucked or choked in the past 5 years. I can't win I should have jumped on the Boston bandwagon a few years back
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »
Some would say Mase, JB, and Syl is a good core.

In reality Syl is not coming.  I am starting to think its POSSIBLE they actually play better without Mase.  JB is up and down to me and Norm sure as hell is going to help him develop.

There are major problems on this team for next year.  I like Boothe but he is not ready to play 30-35 min at the BE level.  Anyone know who is our back up PG?  Its scrary.

If Norm is back next year, he has got to get some sort of order between TJ, Coker, and Evans.  I think norm just closes his eyes and grabs one.

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
if syl came i'd be less hard on norm.  that's about it. 

but you can't be mad about losin at duke...  they are a great team

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 09:56:46 AM »
sly came here. now i know he would not of played for us till next season but the was some posts wrote, that other recuirts would follow. and since he said no none have said yes to this program. i really think we might be alittle better. right now there is no hope at the end of the tunnel and no reason to cheer. if he said yes there would be hope and some reason to cheer
Syl woulda given something to look forward to. Instead, it'll be just another year of being in the Big East toilet.
We even lose our senior leaders Geno Lawrence and Tomas Jasilunuts.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 10:06:31 AM »
i agree with sleaveless, if sly came here, we would have 'light', hell, if EBANKS comes here, I'm even willing to see light, but we have nobody, nada!