ed cooley

• 25 replies
ed cooley
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
in 3 months they have top 20 pg dunn and are on the cusp for ricky ledo....others may soon follow....may coley be a better hire than steve lavin?

MCNPA

Re: ed cooley
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 12:17:26 PM »
in 3 months they have top 20 pg dunn and are on the cusp for ricky ledo....others may soon follow....may coley be a better hire than steve lavin?

No...    He's very good but I don't think better.  He recruited Dunn while he was at Fairfield.  Dunn wasn't ranked that highly and shot up the rankings in the last 6 months.  Ledo committed to Providence even before Cooley was the coach. He decomitted but always wanted Providence.  Cooley is just making it a good choice for him. He might commit to Providence again.  Ledo is also a kid lots of programs don't want to touch because he is proclaimed by many to be a "head case".   I think Cooley is great and is going to get it done there.  There is also a large part of it being the "right place right time" factor with both Dunn and Ledo.  Regardless, if he can parlay it into success with guys like Drummond and Noel, then so be it.  Good for him.

gman

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »
No. But better than willard probably. Like Marcus said there are reasons kids are looking at provo. He had to do it more than once to be considered a real threat. If he builds on this class then he moves up the ranks

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »
Wow, shurinacheese is absolutely awful....Just because Cooley landed Dunn???  And he might land Ledo?  You know Kyle Anderson is rated higher than both guys, plus adding Gathers and the ridiculous 2011 class that Lavin landed?  Plus the 20+ wins and first time in the Tourney since 2002

This almost reminds me of that awful post that shurinacheese started about what a bad hire Lavin is compared to Mike Rice...He seems to go out of his way to try and knock Lavin whenever he can

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:49:12 PM »
Wow, shurinacheese is absolutely awful....Just because Cooley landed Dunn???  And he might land Ledo?  You know Kyle Anderson is rated higher than both guys, plus adding Gathers and the ridiculous 2011 class that Lavin landed?  Plus the 20+ wins and first time in the Tourney since 2002

This almost reminds me of that awful post that shurinacheese started about what a bad hire Lavin is compared to Mike Rice...He seems to go out of his way to try and knock Lavin whenever he can

Is Shurinaxheese SCOTCH, still missing Norm??????   :idiot2:

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:18:53 PM »
Drummond isn't going to PC. He'll most likely be on UConn's campus by December.

As for Cooley he's doing a good job on the recruiting trail and he has full support of the school and boosters. It's a BIG change from Keno Davis.

Cooley was also at every one of Chris Obeka's games at Hoop Group End of Summer Classic.

As for the thread it's pretty comical but that what forums are all about where crazy meets sanity.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »
As for the thread it's pretty comical but that what forums are all about where crazy meets sanity.

I believe the OP was hunting for different responses, but didn't quite get it.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »

As for Cooley he's doing a good job on the recruiting trail and he has full support of the school and boosters. It's a BIG change from Keno Davis.

Cooley was also at every one of Chris Obeka's games at Hoop Group End of Summer Classic.

Right on cue. He announced on his twitter moments ago he'll be Husky this year. As soon as he transferred it was obvious that was a done deal.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 09:01:48 PM »

Could you at least spell his name right if you are going to sing his praises??? BTW, so far he has only "recruited" Dunn! Where is the rest of this great class that can even be compared to Lavin's recruits???? Then again I realize this was a spam post ;D

Moose

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
75% of Shurina's posts just stir the pot.  He brings next to nothing to the site.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »
75% of Shurina's posts just stir the pot.  He brings next to nothing to the site.

He brings the community together. It's a rare time when 99% of the people here agree on something.

Moose

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »

He brings the community together. It's a rare time when 99% of the people here agree on something.

Fair point.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 10:32:44 PM »
Unfortunately it appears that cheese's disease has progressed beyond the point that Pat Summit's has.  :( :( :( And God speed to both. :angel: :angel: :angel:

LJSA

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 04:10:56 AM »

I've had disagreements with my fair share of guys on St. John's fan boards, but there are very few I would actually call an a s s h o l e. He's one of them.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:11:47 AM by LJSA »

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 08:41:02 PM »
Cooley is on the right path now if the big east can get south Florida , the blue demons & pirates on that path we may see 12 teams in the top 25 one day and all 16 in the ncaa tournament. I think all 3 of those coaches will be gone in 3 years (Heath after this season & the other two in 2014.)
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 08:47:55 PM »
Difference between Cooley and Willard is the hiring of the assistant coaches

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 09:18:45 PM »
Cooley is on the right path now if the big east can get south Florida , the blue demons & pirates on that path we may see 12 teams in the top 25 one day and all 16 in the ncaa tournament. I think all 3 of those coaches will be gone in 3 years (Heath after this season & the other two in 2014.)
Never happen. Teams at bottom will be like 4-14 in conference play with no chance of getting in tourney.

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 10:46:14 PM »

Right on cue. He announced on his twitter moments ago he'll be Husky this year. As soon as he transferred it was obvious that was a done deal.

It will be interesting to see who/how redshrt freshman center Bradley pays his own tuition to make room for Drummond! Uconn could not sign him since they are out of scholarships and now have to beg Bradley to take out a loan to pay his own tuition. I guess this will be Uconn's strategy to get around losing 3 scholarships!!

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
I agree it is hard but if you look at the buttom of the big east those teams states are rich with basketball talent they just need the right Man Oliver , Health &  are not getting it done. And I don't see too many top 150 recurits naming those school too much as their Favs in the upcoming classes. I say zeke is a good fit for Depaul , Chris Collins for SHU & Sam cassell in south florida 
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 12:03:05 AM »
What do you guys think the addition of Andre Lafleur has done for Providence as far as recruiting?