IRENE

• 114 replies
IRENE
« on: August 27, 2011, 11:38:13 AM »
Whats everyones plan? I live right on the beach in Rockaway, mandatory evacuations-but Im staying. Good luck

Poison

Re: IRENE
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 11:42:42 AM »
Can I have your Iona sweatshirt?

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »

The looters will try to get that first

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »
Will Dave let you bequeath your posts (the number not the content)?

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »
Holy cr@p that cracked me up !!!  LOL

TONYD3

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 12:13:59 PM »
Not smart man. Don't think it will be that bad, leave anyway.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 12:27:01 PM »
Not smart man. Don't think it will be that bad, leave anyway.

Too late now. Plus I dont want the Far Rockaway residents "evacuating" to my house

Moose

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 12:43:58 PM »
Not to get too personal but can I ask why your choosing 'not' to leave?
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »
 Protecting your Penthouse collection is not a good reason to risk your life there Baldi.   You don't get a medal for trying to be a hero.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 01:30:56 PM »
I'd rather be stuck at my house than somewhere upstate wondering how much water is in my house. And I think this is being blown out of proportion. It already hit in Carolina, was their damage done?

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 01:43:45 PM »
I'd rather be stuck at my house than somewhere upstate wondering how much water is in my house. And I think this is being blown out of proportion. It already hit in Carolina, was their damage done?

I live not too far from you (Howard Beach). I left.

I watched the news before, one of the reporters was in the middle of the flood during the storm in Carolina. The water was up to at least his knees. If you don't think that's too bad, keep in mind that he was about a mile or two inland and not right on the beach.

If you don't change your mind, good luck out there.

By the way, I heard Norm never sold his house in Long Island and it's vacant but still furnished. Someone told me that you can stay at his place since you were one of his only supporters. ;-D

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »

I watched the news before, one of the reporters was in the middle of the flood during the storm in Carolina. The water was up to at least his knees. If you don't think that's too bad, keep in mind that he was about a mile or two inland and not right on the beach.

By the way, I heard Norm never sold his house in Long Island and it's vacant but still furnished. Someone told me that you can stay at his place since you were one of his only supporters. ;-D

Looking for my snorkel and fins as we speak

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »

Just remember, if you have watched Man vs. Wild before, you can make a floation device using that beloved Iona shirt that you have.

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 01:52:28 PM »

Just remember, if you have watched Man vs. Wild before, you can make a floation device using that beloved Iona shirt that you have.

Just took a walk down to beach, some nice waves coming in. Plenty of surfers out ther

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »

Just took a walk down to beach, some nice waves coming in. Plenty of surfers out ther

A surf board might work as well.

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »

A surf board might work as well.

LoL, I got 6 boogie boards in the garage. If you see a fat guy in a Jeff Ruland jersey on a boogie board on the news, that'll be me

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
LOL. And I will be the guy on the news who made a raft/floatation device out of empty bottles of Jack Daniels.

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 03:04:46 PM »
LOL. And I will be the guy on the news who made a raft/floatation device out of empty bottles of Jack Daniels.

Ya Im running out of OJ to go with my vodka.

Watching the news, the people in the shelters look miserable, think its because of Irene, or realizing that they just got bedbugs?

boo3

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »

Watching the news, the people in the shelters look miserable, think its because of Irene, or realizing that they just got bedbugs?

Bloomberg saying you still have time, Baldi.  Retreat! 

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 03:47:05 PM »

Bloomberg saying you still have time, Baldi.  Retreat! 

Did he say that in Spanish?