Ron Artest

• 22 replies
Re: Ron Artest
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »
I think Ron Artest is great and love him as a basketball player. Wouldn't want him to be my neighbor though! Some of you guys are hysterical. I don't think there is any doubt Ron Ron is a nut. Who cares though! It is the same principle I used for Norm. Who cares that he was a nice guy. Norm was a terrible basketball coach. Artest was awesome at SJU and I even enjoy following his craziness. I even loved the Palace incident even though I had Artest in ROTO basketball that year. You guys need to seperate the athlete from the person or else you will have to only root for IVY league teams.

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 03:33:48 PM »
I think Ron Artest is great and love him as a basketball player. Wouldn't want him to be my neighbor though! Some of you guys are hysterical. I don't think there is any doubt Ron Ron is a nut. Who cares though! It is the same principle I used for Norm. Who cares that he was a nice guy. Norm was a terrible basketball coach. Artest was awesome at SJU and I even enjoy following his craziness. I even loved the Palace incident even though I had Artest in ROTO basketball that year. You guys need to seperate the athlete from the person or else you will have to only root for IVY league teams.

Good post........  and the same goes for entertainers............  who cares if Frank Sinatra had ties to the underworld........ the man could sing.

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 11:40:29 AM »
At least poison is alone on this one , everyone else would agree having artest around helps us reach out to players on both cost and the coaching staff wouldn't mind him showing his championship pedigree to our current and future rosters
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"