Is everyone on campus?

• 167 replies
Re: Is everyone on campus?
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2011, 12:46:32 AM »
It's total bullshit that the NCAA tries to portray themselves as being so concerned with academics, and then makes kids miss the first two weeks of freshmen year.

Even worse, the first two weeks are the best time to lay the groundwork with the hot chick on your floor that you want to have sex with.

Yes, because a 6'6 uber athelete who the whole world knows just scored a $1,000,000 signing bonus is gonna have problems in that regard....
w/ his gf already worried b4 he even left to NYC... ha ha ha - she knew she was toast

@damn_Norvel I'm alright , hby? Ready for School I bet ? Take care of Meer for me? lol . Keep the Groupies Awayyyy.

http://twitter.com/TaraMMack/status/108987646625320960

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:51:27 AM by bball purist »

Poison

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2011, 08:55:03 AM »
Fwiw, I heard tonight that while no official word yet, it "looks good" for all of our athletes to obtain qualifying status at sju this upcoming season.

Thank you for posting.

MCNPA

« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2011, 12:45:02 AM »
Fwiw, I heard tonight that while no official word yet, it "looks good" for all of our athletes to obtain qualifying status at sju this upcoming season.

Thank you for posting.

Not happy today as I was yesterday.

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2011, 02:08:43 AM »

hear some bad news MCN?

Thank you for posting.

Not happy today as I was yesterday.

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2011, 02:09:03 AM »
any reason???

« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »
Sounds like it's danger time.

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2011, 12:12:52 PM »
Sorry but at this point i want the three guys on campus more than kyle here next year, i know niether has anything to do with eachother. what is the rule if they dont get cleared? do we lose the committs ala derwin k or poss look for them in december???

kjd01067

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »
Sorry but at this point i want the three guys on campus more than kyle here next year, i know niether has anything to do with eachother. what is the rule if they dont get cleared? do we lose the committs ala derwin k or poss look for them in december???

I agree if I was given the option of Kyle Anderson or Pelle, Sampson and Garrett being cleared I would choose the latter no questions asked

Moose

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »

I agree if I was given the option of Kyle Anderson or Pelle, Sampson and Garrett being cleared I would choose the latter no questions asked

Agreed.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »
Roger Rubin
St. John’s recruits Sampson, Pelle and Garrett not thru clearinghouse as expected; Won’t play fall sem.; Spring sem, still possible.#stjbb

Roger Rubin
Sampson, Pelle and Garrett discussing options. Spring semester with STJ still in the mix. #stjbb

Lavin's gonna have to work his magic with this one. Do we get walk ons now? Anyone good left out there?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:58:44 PM by kingofk1ngs »

« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »
Roger Rubin just tweeted: St. John’s recruits Sampson, Pelle and Garrett not thru clearinghouse as expected; Won’t play fall sem.; Spring sem, still possible.#stjbb

« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »
Roger Rubin just tweeted: St. John’s recruits Sampson, Pelle and Garrett not thru clearinghouse as expected; Won’t play fall sem.; Spring sem, still possible.#stjbb

Oh crap - that really sucks....I can't believe that all 3 won't get cleared until the spring

OUCH

« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2011, 04:01:28 PM »
Roger Rubin
St. John’s recruits Sampson, Pelle and Garrett not thru clearinghouse as expected; Won’t play fall sem.; Spring sem, still possible.#stjbb

Roger Rubin
Sampson, Pelle and Garrett discussing options. Spring semester with STJ still in the mix. #stjbb

Lavin's gonna have to work his magic with this one. Do we get walk ons now? Anyone good left out there?

3 and 4 guard lineups here we come!  Hopefully, they decide to stick it out 'til the spring semester.

« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2011, 04:03:15 PM »
Can't say I'm shocked but I was hopeful they could make it. Going to be extremely difficult this year. Very disappointed.

pmg911

« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2011, 04:08:13 PM »
if they get cleared for Spring can they suit up this season..?

« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »

I believe they can suit up for this season, if they are cleared.  I could be wrong, but I believed Bootsy Thornton was in a similiar situation.  Fraschilla just decided not to play him when he cleared.  It gave him two full seasons at St. John's. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:12:16 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2011, 04:12:17 PM »

i believe spring semester begins mid-december. best case they're ready for big east. 

i think that was the case with rob thomas couple years back.

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2011, 04:12:59 PM »
Spring semester start the day after fall semester close so u talkin bout mid-December,
Right?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »
from zags via fratto:

back on the court in december

be on the court in December.` #stjbb spokesman Mark Fratto on Sampson, Garrett & Pelle
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:14:21 PM by redmen4life »

pmg911

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
For guys that are going to be eligible in the second semester, they can start practice the day the first semester ends. I am not sure if the rules are the same thing for kids who are not cleared academically.