Most spiritually inclined team ever?!

• 30 replies
Re: Most spiritually inclined team ever?!
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »
Ho snap! Just gotta pm asking me if I wuz straight up anti-semitic.

Think some y'all got it wrong. The Jews is my elder brothers as the Muslims is my younger brothers. Much respct throughout.

I'm talkin bout the Children of Israel aka Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ. Y'all see them dress all weird in Times Square. They a straight-up hate group: anti-white, anti-gay, anti-anyone who dont agree wit them. I aint down wit that. Never was. Never be. 

As it goes:
1. I believe that Jesus Christ is the risen Savior. His name be praised.
2. I respct all other religions but admonish the intolerant radicals in each.
3. Five Percenters is NOT a religion.
4. I do NOT believe in the divinity of Haile Selassie but I believe he is a prophet.

Asalom manalego! Bennello mata!
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

uwsfan

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »

Think some y'all got it wrong. The Jews is my elder brothers as the Muslims is my younger brothers. Much respct throughout.

I'm talkin bout the Children of Israel aka Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ. Y'all see them dress all weird in Times Square. They a straight-up hate group: anti-white, anti-gay, anti-anyone who dont agree wit them. I aint down wit that. Never was. Never be. 

As it goes:
4. I do NOT believe in the divinity of Haile Selassie but I believe he is a prophet.

Oh youre talking about the "black israelites". lol, These guys are a fringe cult with a miniscule following. So small that you will likely never meet a real person who is an actual member.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:08:11 PM by uwsfan »

crgreen

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 05:28:29 PM »
Sorry Choz, who are the Children of Israel - are they the same as the "Black Israelites" or an offshoot?  Or are you just referring to Jews in general?

If you google the phrase, the answer is the same as the title of the song his signature line is from - Desmond Dekker's "The Israelites"...

Poison

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 06:16:03 PM »
I believe that Jesus Montero is the risen savior of the Yankees.

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 07:47:19 PM »

As it goes:

Oh youre talking about the "black israelites". lol, These guys are a fringe cult with a miniscule following. So small that you will likely never meet a real person who is an actual member.

Are these the mofos who setup shop on street corners in the ghetto? They have the huge old school speakers out and preaching into the mic? If so, I used to see them at the junction on Flatbush Ave when I took the 2 train

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »
Sorry Choz, who are the Children of Israel - are they the same as the "Black Israelites" or an offshoot?  Or are you just referring to Jews in general?

If you google the phrase, the answer is the same as the title of the song his signature line is from - Desmond Dekker's "The Israelites"...

Nah bre.
Dezi was talking bout the Israelites of the Bible and how they represent universal sufferin and kinda like the protagonist of the song and the eternal struggle in this here realm.

BTW, some peeps here have inquired and even referenced me at times as Rasta. While I will always have mad respct and allegiance and an unbreakable bond to my Rasta brothas, I am not Rasta. 

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:28:45 PM by Choz4Life »

MCNPA

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 09:33:40 PM »
He likes Phil Greene.

Lol yeah I'd say!  Second time Greene was mentioned as a guy that will surprise.

Stith was mentioned a lot last summer too........

Difference moose is that last summer Lavin was talking to Stith about transferring, while this year Lavin is calling Greene a potential surprise of this recruiting class.  The head coach usually has an idea of where players stand.  It speaks volumes as to where our head coach thought Stith stood last year vs where Greene stands now. 

Incorrect.  Last year in the summer the talk was how Stith was a workout warrior and all that and people were expecting him to take more of a role.  As we have discussed that never panned out.
Moose, I recall reading in one article that coach talked to Stith about how he could leave in light of limited playing time for 2010-11 + guys coming in, but Stith said he wanted to stay and be part of (last year) moving forward and would work his tail off and have more of a role (which didn't pan out as you said)

To clarify I'm not disagreeing that he could have transferred.  We all know another guy who did when Lavin came on board.  But then all summer all we keep hearing was the workout warrior impressing everyone- Lavin, Rico, Dunlap etc.  And then we got a bank shot vs. ASU, some FT's vs. St Mary's and a 5 pts vs. Cuse.

While many were impressed with Stith working out, Lavin still had talks with Stith about him possibly transferring to a place where he'd get more PT.  I'm not incorrect on this.

Moose

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 11:10:19 PM »
He likes Phil Greene.

Lol yeah I'd say!  Second time Greene was mentioned as a guy that will surprise.

Difference moose is that last summer Lavin was talking to Stith about transferring, while this year Lavin is calling Greene a potential surprise of this recruiting class.  The head coach usually has an idea of where players stand.  It speaks volumes as to where our head coach thought Stith stood last year vs where Greene stands now. 

Incorrect.  Last year in the summer the talk was how Stith was a workout warrior and all that and people were expecting him to take more of a role.  As we have discussed that never panned out.
Moose, I recall reading in one article that coach talked to Stith about how he could leave in light of limited playing time for 2010-11 + guys coming in, but Stith said he wanted to stay and be part of (last year) moving forward and would work his tail off and have more of a role (which didn't pan out as you said)

To clarify I'm not disagreeing that he could have transferred.  We all know another guy who did when Lavin came on board.  But then all summer all we keep hearing was the workout warrior impressing everyone- Lavin, Rico, Dunlap etc.  And then we got a bank shot vs. ASU, some FT's vs. St Mary's and a 5 pts vs. Cuse.

While many were impressed with Stith working out, Lavin still had talks with Stith about him possibly transferring to a place where he'd get more PT.  I'm not incorrect on this.

Not disagreeing with that.  He was given choice, chose to stay, and supposedly was workout warrior.  But it was all for naught.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 11:50:27 AM »
He likes Phil Greene.

Not disagreeing with that.  He was given choice, chose to stay, and supposedly was workout warrior.  But it was all for naught.
Not all for naught.  When I try to look at the big picture, MS can be a good leader this year regarding work ethic, composure and enthusiasm this season.  Whether in training, practice, or 15 minutes per game, he can be a solid contributor to the team in those intangibles.  If he can do it, I'd respect that very much.

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 12:55:01 PM »
Some peeps continue to jab me bout Rasta.

First off, I do NOT partake in the herb altho I got no prob wit it fo spiritual use and dont believe its a gateway like some czars out there. I do NOT believe Haile Selassie is the Christ, the messiah or the Shepard of the most high altho I believe he is a great man, leader and prophet. I got some Jamaican blood in me but I do NOT recognize one Rasta kingdom (or royalty) over another. I believe in the universality of man and do NOT believe in the divesiveness of Babylon and Zion.

I am at one wit Jah. Always been. Always be.

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »
 ;)
Some peeps continue to jab me bout Rasta.

First off, I do NOT partake in the herb altho I got no prob wit it fo spiritual use and dont believe its a gateway like some czars out there. I do NOT believe Haile Selassie is the Christ, the messiah or the Shepard of the most high altho I believe he is a great man, leader and prophet. I got some Jamaican blood in me but I do NOT recognize one Rasta kingdom (or royalty) over another. I believe in the universality of man and do NOT believe in the divesiveness of Babylon and Zion.

I am at one wit Jah. Always been. Always be.
Deep pull - do you like the songs "Jah Love" and "Brother Blood" from the Neville Brothers? ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:13:39 PM by bball purist »