Syracuse Pigs

• 28 replies

MCNPA

Syracuse Pigs
« on: September 18, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
I thought it deserved it's own thread when a FOUNDING member of this Big East is the one that submarines the TV deal and destroys the league.  This is the most disgusting and egregious example of greed.  Destroying a league they were part of building and running off.  I wish nothing good for their program in the future.  Hope Boeheim retires ASAP and leaves that shitty program in the dirt.

Re: Syracuse Pigs
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »
 ;D Living in upstate NY, there are many of those Orange fans. Some die hard and some not so. I won't miss them. Let them blab in the ACC about being NY's team, then be promptly destroyed by Duke, NC, NCST, WF, and all the rest of them.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 05:08:46 PM »
I thought it deserved it's own thread when a FOUNDING member of this Big East is the one that submarines the TV deal and destroys the league.  This is the most disgusting and egregious example of greed.  Destroying a league they were part of building and running off.  I wish nothing good for their program in the future.  Hope Boeheim retires ASAP and leaves that shitty program in the dirt.

Post of the month! I never hated Syracuse but you best believe I do know. Kinda feel for their fans I assume their not to happy about his move. Lets hope their BBall team falls flat on their face

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 05:45:20 PM »
It's crazy how fast tradition and rivalries can just be changed.  It didn't take long at all for me to see VT and BC as ACC teams.  I can't even remember thinking about them as Big East squads.  It won't be long before Syracuse and Pitt are forgotten as former Big East teams as well. 

When JB retires, Syracuse could be in for a tough time if it loses rivalries against Uconn, St. John's, Nova, and Georgetown.

BTW, I watched the Duke-BC nationally televised game Saturday, and it was AWFUL.  ACC football is a joke.  If the SEC took FSU away and Miami gets hit hard, ACC football will be an afterthought.  Wake, Duke, BC, Syracuse...really? 

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 07:02:08 PM »
These schools are idiots.  How do they benefit other then just money?  Which, theoretically they may not as much as they think.  Number one, less conferences mean less campionships. Number two, ACC football is garbage.  If you take out the traitors from the last raid and FSU and Clemson the ACC is practically the MAC in football.  Its a shame thee chancellors can't look past their own checkbooks because most fans will hate this IMO.  The funniest thing of all is how these schools are actually losers in that its only the rich getting richer.  Can anyone say BC, VaTech, and Miami are better off in the ACC athletically speaking?

MCNPA

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 07:57:17 PM »
It's crazy how fast tradition and rivalries can just be changed.  It didn't take long at all for me to see VT and BC as ACC teams.  I can't even remember thinking about them as Big East squads.  It won't be long before Syracuse and Pitt are forgotten as former Big East teams as well. 

When JB retires, Syracuse could be in for a tough time if it loses rivalries against Uconn, St. John's, Nova, and Georgetown.

BTW, I watched the Duke-BC nationally televised game Saturday, and it was AWFUL.  ACC football is a joke.  If the SEC took FSU away and Miami gets hit hard, ACC football will be an afterthought.  Wake, Duke, BC, Syracuse...really?

I can't wait for the SEC to rip FSU and Miami away from the ACC.  It's going to happen soon.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »
I officially hate Cuse as much as Duke now. I really hope we don't let them play us anymore unless we are whipping their @ss in the NCAA tourney.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 08:19:35 PM »
I officially hate Cuse as much as Duke now. I really hope we don't let them play us anymore unless we are whipping their @ss in the NCAA tourney.

We need to make sure they never get games in the Garden again. I know we cant control neutral court games but they will want to play home and home with us like we do with Duke. They will depend on us to ensure that they remain "NYC Team" and they dont do jack S*** for us. Screw them

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »
Syracuse were a bunch of pigs last week also. I just hope we will be ok. Fxck them. Let's go lavin and monash.

redslope

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »
this may be the first post to start no fights!

MCNPA=the Uniter of the Jungle

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 09:21:59 PM »
great article:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/6988839/greed-hypocrisy-spell-end-big-east-know-college-basketball

pitt chancellor back when bc and vt left the big east.

"This is a case that involves broken commitments, secret dealings, breaches of fiduciary responsibility, the misappropriations of conference opportunities and predatory attempts to eliminate competition," he said at the time.

Gumby

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 10:52:10 PM »
great article:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/6988839/greed-hypocrisy-spell-end-big-east-know-college-basketball

pitt chancellor back when bc and vt left the big east.

"This is a case that involves broken commitments, secret dealings, breaches of fiduciary responsibility, the misappropriations of conference opportunities and predatory attempts to eliminate competition," he said at the time.

I believe the Pitt prez is (was) head of the BE Executive Committee, which is (was) studying moves with other schools.  I can now see why there has been no progress in that area.

By the way, to the deem wit prez at SU, Syracuse is not in NYC.

What is the BE Commissioner doing about our (the BE) future?

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 11:08:42 PM »
HATED them when Rob Johnson was sellin them players left and right.

HATED them when Jimmy B act like he walk on water at Honesdale.

And HATE them now more than ever.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 05:10:54 AM »
both syracuse and pitt make me puke with their delusions of football grandeur.  they don't have a point between them in either the AP or USA Today polls.  neither do rutgers nor uconn.

moving to the acc won't change that. 

Moose

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 08:54:33 AM »
The worst part is and by no means is this an official poll but I know a lot of Cuse grads.  I have yet to find one who likes this move.  For those who frequent other boards how is this being received by their fans?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 08:59:27 AM »
The worst part is and by no means is this an official poll but I know a lot of Cuse grads.  I have yet to find one who likes this move.  For those who frequent other boards how is this being received by their fans?

Overall, it doesn't seem like they are happy campers.  Especially, from the basketball standpoint.  I read where a handful of 'em were fine with it from a football standpoint, but not football.  As, I initially stated....  They don't generally care for the move. 

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »
pitt goes from being a top team in the big east to at best a middle of the road football team in acc. Syracuse was getting better now finds itself the second worst program in acc ahead of only duke.

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 09:29:14 AM »

But Marillac, the reality is Beast football was more of a joke than ACC football.  Looking back, Miami, VT and BC leaving killed the Beast as a football conference.  And now, the landscape shift over TV revenue is going to kill all conferences as we knew them (or partly knew them as some had changed slightly earlier). 

That being said, I hope Cuse gets beat up regularly in the ACC.  And I hope MD is one the main protagonists  :D

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 09:36:42 AM »
Trust me Boeheim does not want this.  It is clear in his comments he does not want to go to the ACC.  He fought it 8 years ago when it appeared SU was headed only to be given a reprieve when the Virginia state legislature sued to have Va Tech included in the re-alignment.

He has no choice.

MCNPA

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 09:40:14 AM »
Trust me Boeheim does not want this.  It is clear in his comments he does not want to go to the ACC.  He fought it 8 years ago when it appeared SU was headed only to be given a reprieve when the Virginia state legislature sued to have Va Tech included in the re-alignment.

He has no choice.

Time for him to do the right thing and retire.