Syracuse want to play some home games at MSG

• 15 replies

redslope

Re: Syracuse want to play some home games at MSG
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:26:36 PM »
having been to Syracuse, if I lived there, I would want to get out of that armpit. 

ras

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 12:59:17 PM »
Not only is it an insult to the BE, But an insult to to SJU if that happens. Hopefully MSG shows some dignity.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
I'm saying this right now.  February 4th.  Every St. John's fan better get tickets to watch St. John's beat the scum of the earth into the mud.

:knuppel2: :tickedoff: >:(

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »
MSG doesn't owe anything to us.  For years we gave them crap teams and they have no reason to turn down potential sell-outs.  With that being said, Syracuse makes me sick.

Moose

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 01:15:55 PM »
MSG doesn't owe anything to us.  For years we gave them crap teams and they have no reason to turn down potential sell-outs.  With that being said, Syracuse makes me sick.

True.

But

There are only so many open dates.  And we have been a tenant for how many years paying them a flat rent fee with them profiting off concessions.  Cuse wants 1-2 games a year down here.  And they probably will get 1.  Remember where their fan base is.  Right now they are just blowing smoke trying to show how powerful they are.  They routinely get 25-30k in the Dome.  They only need the Garden for 1 big game maybe.  They don't need to piss off the fans up north who trek to that eyesore a few times each week.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »
I'm saying this right now.  February 4th.  Every St. John's fan better get tickets to watch St. John's beat the scum of the earth into the mud.

:knuppel2: :tickedoff: >:(

What chance are we going to have with one big man? They are going clean our clock.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »
Boeheim says no conference games at MSG in clarifying comments.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »
St. John's and the Big East have options now with Brooklyn.  I doubt MSG would want to ruin that for two Syracuse games that wouldn't even be sellouts without St. John's. 

If Brooklyn adds the Big East tournamet to the A-10 and St. John's, there will be a new mecca in NYC. 

Moose

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 03:09:43 PM »
St. John's and the Big East have options now with Brooklyn.  I doubt MSG would want to ruin that for two Syracuse games that wouldn't even be sellouts without St. John's. 

If Brooklyn adds the Big East tournamet to the A-10 and St. John's, there will be a new mecca in NYC. 

Brooklyn can't have more than 1 conference tournament.  They operate at the same time.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 07:12:53 PM »

Brooklyn can't have more than 1 conference tournament.  They operate at the same time.
Not necessarily true. Some conf T are week earlier and A 10 could schedule week in advance if it was necessary to secure site.

Moose

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 08:13:57 PM »

Not necessarily true. Some conf T are week earlier and A 10 could schedule week in advance if it was necessary to secure site.

A-10 would never do that.  It would drop their conference to small time.  They actually end on selection Sunday after the BE the past few years.

If the BE got booted from MSG which I still don't see happening, there is the Rock to fall back on since Hall already plays there it would make sense.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:14:43 PM by Moose »

Poison

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 09:23:51 PM »

A-10 would never do that.  It would drop their conference to small time.  They actually end on selection Sunday after the BE the past few years.

If the BE got booted from MSG which I still don't see happening, there is the Rock to fall back on since Hall already plays there it would make sense.

The BE tournament can't be played in a sewer. That's the end of us.

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »
Um... the A10 could be gone by the time all this conf stuff shake out.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

SJU85

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 08:58:45 AM »
MSG would love to have Cuse play "home" game their a couple of times a year and they will be able to accomodate them.   MSG always looks to have cross sectional games there. 

Yes, it would be an insult to us.

MSG is one of the selling points used in recruiting for us and with the newly remodeled, refurbised and "improved" MSG (completion 2013) I don't see us moving to many games to Bklyn (maybe one a year).

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
We don't even sellout the garden when Cuse plays us and we supply 9000 fans.