NY Post preview-interesting tidbit

• 9 replies
NY Post preview-interesting tidbit
« on: November 09, 2011, 08:49:35 AM »
Lenn Robbins indicates that SJU expects both Pelle and Garrett to resign today:

St. John’s also is expecting good news today, the start of the early signing period. Recruits Norvel Pelle and Amir Garrett, who did not meet freshman academic admission standards, will resign with the Red Storm.

Pelle, a 6-10 post player, is enrolled The Phelps School in Malvern, Pa. The 6-6 Garrett is at Bridgton Academy in Massachusetts. Both players could enroll at St. John’s in late December, giving the Red Storm a size boost it sorely needs.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/lavin_back_at_practice_may_coach_p0ExGjycrg5ienM1txnzuJ#ixzz1dDRoCZsQ

Re: NY Post preview-interesting tidbit
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:54:19 AM »
Pelle just tweeted that he's going to lose alot of followers today, and in another tweet he has to do what he has to do.

oh boy!

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 09:01:51 AM »
Pelle just tweeted that he's going to lose alot of followers today, and in another tweet he has to do what he has to do.

oh boy!

I have a feeling you think it's bad news for St. John's.  But, you also have to remember he has quite a few followers from the state of Cali and SDSU.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »

oh boy!

I have a feeling you think it's bad news for St. John's.  But, you also have to remember he has quite a few followers from the state of Cali and SDSU.

No I think he thinks it will disappoint SDSU fans who have been bombarding him with tweets recently. 

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 09:16:59 AM »
Last I heard was that Pelle was signing his LOI and would enroll in the summer. Garrett will be at St. John's come December.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »

oh boy!

it will disappoint SDSU fans who have been bombarding him with tweets recently. 

That is what I believe to the be the case.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 11:13:34 AM »
Man I hope so. Pelle is a must at this point, since athletic bigs like Pelle arent out there in the market at this point.

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 11:50:49 AM »
Per Zags.  Pelle is signing again but will not enroll until next summer:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/11/09/pelle-to-st-johns-for-2012/

jayro

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 12:54:38 PM »
Great News!  But I won't be totally comfortable until SJU has his LOI in hand.  Certainly takes away a lot of the sting of not getting Gathers- I prefer Pelle in that he is a center-not that I wouldn't want Gathers on board as well.  I do believe that Lavin will reel in another very good player if Gathers doesn't come. 6'8 Obekpa comes to mind-not close offensively to Gathers, but certainly a defensive presence just about any place on the floor-with what appears to be a lot of upside.  We shall see.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 02:46:58 PM »
Way to man up, Norvel!