BEB rumor posted 9:20pm 2/26/2007

• 8 replies
BEB rumor posted 9:20pm 2/26/2007
« on: February 27, 2008, 01:04:27 PM »
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: ***BEB Exclusive***The Axe Will Drop!!****   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEB has exclusively learned that head coach Norm Roberts is aware that his job as head coach of SJU will very soon be a thing of the past.

apparently, part of the arrogant and condescending nature of Norm's comments in the NY Daily News article from Monday is a result of his job performance and the talent of this particular SJU team being monitored by COO of SJU, Jim Pellow, who made the trip to Duke and will be in the Nation's Capitol tomorrow night to get a closer look at "TEAM TURMOIL."

Pellow and two other high ranking SJU officials have determined that the freshmen class that Norm has touted as being the savior of the future of the program are not as good as Norm has advertised, and quite frankly, Norm's leadership on the sidelines is not Big East caliber.

Pellow, who was at the Villanova and Duke games, along w/ these other two officials have determined that the Duke and Villanova freshmen classes are far more talented and SJU has a long way to go to ever be competitive in the Big East Conference.

In recent memory, aside from postseason play (which isnt recent memory) it cant be remembered when Pellow made two consecutive road games.

Stay tuned for more details to come!

kjd01067

Re: BEB rumor posted 9:20pm 2/26/2007
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 01:58:56 PM »
Yea i saw this.  I am happy if this is true BUT isnt this the same guy that gave us the exclusive "Cav to Redshirt" ???  Ill believe it when I see it !
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 01:59:18 PM by kjd01067 »

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 02:08:07 PM »
WOW theres also a rumor that Maven is somehow in trouble and thats why he hasnt posted on that board in a week. i wonder what happened
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 02:25:10 PM »
i'm a moderator on BEB.  maven is one of the top posters on that site.  he may be a bit rough around the edges for some posters...but there's no way he's been banned.

i'm sure he appreciates your concern.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 04:22:23 PM »
Its like a soap opera over there these days and of course Norm is being evaluated just like every other coach in America. You can really measure the validity of this statement by the fact we are being held to an ACC team in Duke and being measured by their freshman class. So Norm is being fired because Nova and Duke brought in "better" freshman classes? Or the fact that this is being based off of two games?

There is no dispute Norm is being evaluated but I do question the rumor and many can say the rumors this person starts generally are true but there have also have been ones that are false. So we can all speculate but from what I've heard internally its true he is being evaluated but I heard nothing of Duke/Nova freshman standard.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »
hit is usually right about his rumors.  he broke the syl to VA.  cav to red shirt was supposedly nixed by a assistant coach who saw the rumor up.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 10:47:03 PM »
Neva know. Like my grams say, even a broke clock right twice a day.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »
The scary part is that something like this has to even be speculated about. The man's lifetime coaching record is 71-149. He has no recruits coming in next year andtheir will probably be a transfer out or two. Our offense usually resembles a 50 and over beer league team as we are scorching the nets at a 40% clip and averaging 61 points a game. If Norm were a mailman who delivered the mail to the wrong address for 4 years he would be fired. Nice man, child molester whatever he can't coach and should be let go!

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 01:16:24 PM »
Neva know. Like my grams say, even a broke clock right twice a day.
Like the broken clock, Norm needs to get tossed.