Dick "I have a dead animal on my head" Weiss

• 2 replies
Dick "I have a dead animal on my head" Weiss
« on: February 28, 2008, 02:37:45 PM »
I'm very late in this but I just noticed this today that he published the quote on redmen.com on the big east commissioner in the daily news.

1. Why even acknowledge this Weiss? Aren't you supposed to be some legendary writer and you are even giving credit to a messageboard? Aren't you above that?

2. Why reprint the whole quote? If you are going to be foolish enough to acknowledge it why repeat the whole fabrication? You kill the person for starting the rumor but you continue to alert more people about it.

3. He then goes onto say, "No wonder so many programs are reluctant to give credentials to Web sites. Redmen.com has always been better than that, serving as an effective vehicle for passionate fans to share their ideas about St. John’s basketball. But they have to do a better job monitoring irresponsible posts like this one in the future."

This stems from the whole BEB and Redmen feud like they are the Hatfields and McCoys which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen by grown men. Its obvious that Weiss was tipped off on this by someone who loves to start and/or spread rumors and controversy and this isn't the first time its happened.

I don't know what's funnier the dead animal he has on his head or his journalistic integrity.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Dick "I have a dead animal on my head" Weiss
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 04:12:04 PM »

I don't know what's funnier the dead animal he has on his head or his journalistic integrity.
The road kill on his head ;D

Re: Dick "I have a dead animal on my head" Weiss
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:40:38 PM »
weiss is right about credentialing websites.  they rarely, if ever, have the same journalistic integrity as mainstream media.

lawmanfan's post didn't help...and he's a guy with plenty of integrity.