Texas A&M-Game Thread

• 100 replies

boo3

Re: Texas A&M-Game Thread
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 07:16:35 PM »
He didn't even deserve to be on the line to begin with...probably a little karma.

Was half expecting a charge myself. 

kob24

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 07:17:16 PM »
eddiemac if u want i can get u a one on one with nuri and u can teach him how to make free throws. like the ones u made for whatever college team (or highschool for that matter) that u played for. just let me know when u are free

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
Yea St Francis was on carnesecca night. I was at the Marquette BE tourney loss but lets face it, it was our 1st BE tourney appearance in 4 years, reeked of moral victory regardless of the outcome. Reality is, we missed 2 free throws at the buzzer, 1 make pushes to OT. We choked hard. Im a Bills fan and am too familiar with choking, this was a downright awful shameful loss. End of story. Love the team. Hate throwing away games.

Thanks for the support brosef. God it kills to fall on your face like this. Yea we can talk Fordham and St. Bonnies from as recent as last year but 2 shots, down 1, 2.3 left. Tons of fuel better be poured on the fire. F

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »
He didn't even deserve to be on the line to begin with...probably a little karma.

How do you not make even one in that spot?  Only St. John's...

In the end it rarely works out for this team when facing better opponents.

We're just STILL not good yet plain & simple.  We're always short in some area whether it's talent, experience, size, foul shot shooting ability, rebounds etc. etc.  We just can't get over the hump yet as a basketball program.  We're getting better, but we still aren't there yet.

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 07:20:54 PM »
eddiemac if u want i can get u a one on one with nuri and u can teach him how to make free throws. like the ones u made for whatever college team (or highschool for that matter) that u played for. just let me know when u are free

LOL love it! Truth be told, (Ask Dave) I dropped a free throw and a pro 3 during a media TO challenge. Have the sharp Ecco watch to show for it! Bring it. Ill be up north for the Northeastern game.

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »

LOL love it! Truth be told, (Ask Dave) I dropped a free throw and a pro 3 during a media TO challenge. Have the sharp Ecco watch to show for it! Bring it. Ill be up north for the Northeastern game.

Depaul game (awful loss ugh) 2006

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2011, 07:22:37 PM »
How would you like to be a Met, Jet, Islander & St. John's fan like I am?  Great days aren't they. {I want to puke]

No matter what season I wake and say "how is my team going to lose today"?  :(
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:23:45 PM by Lapchick1 »

kob24

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2011, 07:23:02 PM »
say no more. dave im serious im gonna get him to work out with nuri. have him give him some tips

boo3

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »
say no more. dave im serious im gonna get him to work out with nuri. have him give him some tips

We already have 14 coaches.  Doesn't one of them know how to teach FTs?  ;)

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2011, 07:30:32 PM »

hahaha the funny thing is you two would get along real well. Eddiemac is my best friend. He's got true love for the Johnnies.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2011, 07:32:40 PM »

How do you not make even one in that spot?  Only St. John's...

In the end it rarely works out for this team when facing better opponents.

We're just STILL not good yet plain & simple.  We're always short in some area whether it's talent, experience, size, foul shot shooting ability, rebounds etc. etc.  We just can't get over the hump yet as a basketball program.  We're getting better, but we still aren't there yet.

It's 5 games into year 2 of a rebuilding job.  We are way ahead of schedule. We have more talent on our roster since 2000 (and perhaps even farther back).  Hopefully we get Garrett and a JUCO in December to help this year but even with that don't expect much until next year...maybe not until these guys are Juniors even.  We lost to the #18 team in a game where we didn't play our best.  Actually not too bad.  You guys need to back off the ledge. 

I'm betting Nuri wins more games than he loses for us.  I'm not worried about his FTs...they will come around.  I'm more worried about a nonexistent outside shot and him either being late with a pass or not finding shooters at all when he drives.  These guys are still getting used to playing with each other.  Give it some time...we've got some players.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 07:32:55 PM »

Would make my day Kobber, Lindsey will live and hopefully succeed on the line for his entire career, he must knock those down.

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »
St. John's shouldn't have even been in this game. Texas A&M outplayed them but fact is they were and if they hit FT this game would have been largely in St. John's favor.

2 early OOC losses last year helped the team "find themselves" and now St. John's lost to two top 20 teams and had a chance to win both with only 7 scholarship players. Yea the losses hurt but if you guys can't see this team who isn't playing well now is super talented then I don't know what to tell you. Lets see how the team responds.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 07:40:20 PM »
St. John's shouldn't have even been in this game. Texas A&M outplayed them but fact is they were and if they hit FT this game would have been largely in St. John's favor.

2 early OOC losses last year helped the team "find themselves" and now St. John's lost to two top 20 teams and had a chance to win both with only 7 scholarship players. Yea the losses hurt but if you guys can't see this team who isn't playing well now is super talented then I don't know what to tell you. Lets see how the team responds.

Agreed. Go Johnnies. Keep punching teams in the mouth, you will succeed.

ras

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 07:44:54 PM »
Tough loss. On the positive side, we lost 2 close games against top 20 teams, with a historically young team w no depth. We are only going to improve. Remember its only Nov. Last years team did not look good early on and their FTs stunk, but as the season went on they improved.

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 07:46:35 PM »

Baldi can show Nuri how to dish on the break

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »
Big ups to Johnny Jungle for the shrink support. On to the next one.

Go Johnnies Go Go Go, Johnnies will be good!

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 07:49:23 PM »
How would you like to be a Met, Jet, Islander & St. John's fan like I am?  Great days aren't they. {I want to puke]

No matter what season I wake and say "how is my team going to lose today"?  :(

im with you on this one. the isles were the only ones who won last night, and they were the ones i expected to lose.

kob24

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »

baldi cut it out. im gonna speak to my man jared and have u work with momo. yall have yall own problems

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2011, 08:01:01 PM »

baldi cut it out. im gonna speak to my man jared and have u work with momo. yall have yall own problems

Iona had 94 points but a basket aint one

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:03:13 PM by Marco Baldi »