Northeastern - Game Thread

• 193 replies
Re: Northeastern - Game Thread
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2011, 05:44:28 PM »
What a disastrous loss.  We have all gave this coachign staff way too many kudos.  Lavin royalyl effed us for this year.  I could understand one guy being academically ineligible, but THREE? 

Terrible...just terrible. 

Norm wasnt forced to have 9 players in one class, he was just dumb enough to do it. Because of that mistake lavin had to find 9 players in one year, obviously he had to take some chances, and not all of them played out
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2011, 05:45:08 PM »
If this is indeed a loss, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Most of these kids are probably off an emotional high/wear and tear from Thanksgiving and Black Friday and were susceptible to a loss tonight. Northeastern came out wanting to win and we didnt answer. We will be better, because frankly we are better than this.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:45:57 PM by Save The Hero »

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2011, 05:45:54 PM »
What a disastrous loss.  We have all gave this coachign staff way too many kudos.  Lavin royalyl effed us for this year.  I could understand one guy being academically ineligible, but THREE? 

Norm wasnt forced to have 9 players in one class, he was just dumb enough to do it. Because of that mistake lavin had to find 9 players in one year, obviously he had to take some chances, and not all of them played out

Problem is 6 of the we worried about eligibility. Ya gotta get some kids who can stay on the court

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2011, 05:46:12 PM »

Boo hoo...stop making excuses. 

Is it that hard to get 9 big east calibur players to come to st. john's?  We didn't need all top 100 recruits. 

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2011, 05:46:35 PM »
If this is indeed a loss, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Most of these kids are probably off an emotional high/wear and tear from Thanksgiving and Black Friday and were susceptible to a loss tonight. Northeastern came out wanting to win and we didnt answer. We will be better, because frankly we are better than this.

Schedules only going to get tougher

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2011, 05:47:04 PM »

this gave me a good laugh...thanks. 

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2011, 05:48:26 PM »
WE'RE GETTING BLOWN OUT AT HOME TO NORTHEASTERN....IS THE HONEYMOON OVER YET FOR LAVIN????

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2011, 05:49:35 PM »

Schedules only going to get tougher

And we'll only get more experience and hopefully a couple more guys into the rotation. When Sampson/Pelle/Amir were ruled ineligible it was crazy to think Nat'l Championship anyway. The experience and growth will do us good and we will win some great games and we will lose some bad ones.

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2011, 05:50:19 PM »
WE'RE GETTING BLOWN OUT AT HOME TO NORTHEASTERN....IS THE HONEYMOON OVER YET FOR LAVIN????

this gave me a good laugh.

Lavin isnt even at the game and yet you blame him.

« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2011, 05:51:05 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/111/northeastern-huskies

The only decent team they've played is UMass and they didn't fare so well against them.  Hopefully we take care of business.

If business is losing then we did.   We played no defense and D Harrson couldnt hit the broad side of a barn today.

« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2011, 05:53:03 PM »
nuris had to have had around 8 shots blocked

« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2011, 05:53:34 PM »
nuris had to have had around 8 shots blocked

Baldi on point again, hes gotta give up the rock

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »
Some of you panic over the littlest things, relax

« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2011, 05:54:48 PM »

Boo hoo...stop making excuses. 

Is it that hard to get 9 big east calibur players to come to st. john's?  We didn't need all top 100 recruits. 

according to the last 12 years of our program. YES. very hard

Chilleb

« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2011, 05:56:31 PM »
If we're on the bubble at the end of the season this game is going to kill us

« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2011, 05:56:45 PM »

this gave me a good laugh.

Lavin isnt even at the game and yet you blame him.

A voice of reasoning, Hero.  There are some folks who I wouldn't dare want in a foxhole.  Once again, there is a difference between critiquing the team (and staff) and citing issues versus being negative and mordant.

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »

Emotional high, off what losing two games that we should have won in the CVC tourney?   Once again we were ill prepared to defend against the three, and we were dominated in our own gym.  reality check people,  This team is NOT THAT GOOD period.  will they get there, maybe.  But those fools who were predicting a strong Big East season.... look out, DSF beat Yukon, we are going to struggle against all Big East teams. 

ANOTHER HORRENDOUS STAT....... NORTHEASTERN GOT 21 OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS. 

« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2011, 05:57:28 PM »

CBI bubble?

« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2011, 05:57:36 PM »

I never thought we were going to the NCAA tournament, once we were shorthanded.  So, this game isn't gonna have any bearing on us when it comes to the NCAAs.

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2011, 05:59:07 PM »
Our fan base (at least on here) is kinda pathetic.  The coaching staff never does anything wrong, it's ok to lose to northeastern at home by 16 points, etc. etc. etc.