Kentucky - Game Thread

• 196 replies
Re: Kentucky - Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2011, 08:17:10 PM »
  UK is just at a different level than we are at this stage.  Hopefully in a few years we will be at an equal level.

We needed Harrison, Greene, and Lindsey to go off for us to have a chance.  They haven't even gotten off the bus yet.

Some upperclassmen would have been nice too.

they all graduated or transferred.  Can't cry over spilt milk. 

Oh Im not crying, my hindsight is 20/20 though. Omari and Polee would have helped tremendously

kob24

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2011, 08:18:02 PM »
they are idiots

Moose

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2011, 08:18:35 PM »
shoot the #$%^ing ball

Exactly
Taking the air out of the ball is killing these kids.  Its hammering square into the circle.  Just let them ball already.
Remember who broke the Slice news

kob24

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2011, 08:19:51 PM »
wow

boo3

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2011, 08:20:20 PM »
put a body on someone

kob24

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2011, 08:21:29 PM »
yo i want to say soooo many things but i cant let my emotions get the best of me

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »

Moose

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2011, 08:21:54 PM »
No Cal

We're the worst offensive team in the country.

boo3

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2011, 08:23:01 PM »
No Cal

Lol.   i said the same thing out loud.

Let them play.  Might as well.  Let them run up and down. What do you have to lose?

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2011, 08:25:34 PM »
No Cal

The runing shot at the buzzer was the best look we got all half

SJUFAN

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »
put a body on someone
That should have been a lane violation.

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2011, 08:28:51 PM »
kentucky and the over for the second half line....this is about to get real ugly...even more so than that display was

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2011, 08:29:46 PM »
No Cal

Let them play.  Might as well.  Let them run up and down. What do you have to lose?

Dd you seethe athleticism of those guys when they go on fast breaks?  If we want to win this game,this is the tempo we need to play.  If we were running and gunning we would be down 50-25 right now.

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2011, 08:31:09 PM »
No Cal

Dd you seethe athleticism of those guys when they go on fast breaks?  If we want to win this game,this is the tempo we need to play.  If we were running and gunning we would be down 50-25 right now.

Exactly. Not to mention it teaches our guys patience and will help in the long run. Playing like it's the Rucker and losing by 50 won't do anything.

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
no one can put the ball on the floor and get by their man from the perimeter. At least they haven't been able to yet.

Mo is our best talent, but he really needs a full off season too get stronger and more refined. I think his sophomore year will be beastly.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2011, 08:35:16 PM »
No Cal

Exactly. Not to mention it teaches our guys patience and will help in the long run. Playing like it's the Rucker and losing by 50 won't do anything.

Your gonna lose big anyway.  I'd rather score more than 45.

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2011, 08:37:56 PM »
No Cal

Your gonna lose big anyway.  I'd rather score more than 45.

We are within 11 points, we are 2 buckets away from being in a competitive game.  Who cares how much we score?

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »
We have been awful on offense and are only down 11 that is encouraging. Now that we have felt them out hopefully we can get some more things going on offense while maintaining good defensive possessions. Remember this is many of their 1st college road game and to have it at Rupp against #1 UK is tough. Some better shots and we can climb back in it

boo3

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2011, 08:41:04 PM »
  We need to play to our strengths.  Our strength is not to pound the ball for 33 seconds and hoist from 20.  We need to run a bit more.  Not a track meet, but play ball.  We had 5 35 second violations....

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2011, 08:44:17 PM »
We have been awful on offense and are only down 11 that is encouraging. Now that we have felt them out hopefully we can get some more things going on offense while maintaining good defensive possessions. Remember this is many of their 1st college road game and to have it at Rupp against #1 UK is tough. Some better shots and we can climb back in it

The thing is, is that Kentucky has played that great either