Sidiki Johnson

• 42 replies

sju89tr

Re: Sidiki Johnson
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »
Just wondering what makes Iona such a hot ticket (other than Baldi's love for them LOL) Not sure exactly what is left there next year. Mo Mo maybe gone as well. I don't think we can pass on Johnson unless Gathers is definitely going to come back.

Moose

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 04:42:42 PM »
Did you and Baldi ever meet in Philly a few years ago?

You were both in the same bar I was.

No we did not.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 05:33:23 PM »
Just wondering what makes Iona such a hot ticket (other than Baldi's love for them LOL) Not sure exactly what is left there next year. Mo Mo maybe gone as well. I don't think we can pass on Johnson unless Gathers is definitely going to come back.

Cluess. He has them playing some fun basketball. First open shot is going up, get out and run. How can you not want to play for a team like that? The complete opposite of Willard

sju89tr

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »

Cluess. He has them playing some fun basketball. First open shot is going up, get out and run. How can you not want to play for a team like that? The complete opposite of Willard

I agree, Cluess is a great option locally. I would assume though if Sidiki enrolls there that MoMo will be coming back for his senior year.

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 05:39:41 PM »

I agree, Cluess is a great option locally. I would assume though if Sidiki enrolls there that MoMo will be coming back for his senior year.

Momo,Sean Armand,Kyle Smyth,Taj Ridley(having a great year) all return. Ridley,David Laury and Sidiki down low. Thats a nice team. But like we've said before here, cant replace Machado and Glover

desco80

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »
So are the sidiki to Iona comments just guesses based on Cluess and the success their having?  Because you gotta figure the other locals will at least do their due dilligence on a talented big man.

I'm not saying we should peruse him, choz and kob both advise against it, that's enough for me.

But are there actual rumors about him and Iona or just pure speculation?

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 05:42:08 PM »
So are the sidiki to Iona comments just guesses based on Cluess and the success their having?  Because you gotta figure the other locals will at least do their due dilligence on a talented big man.

I'm not saying we should peruse him, choz and kob both advise against it, that's enough for me.

I was speculating because it seemed a great fit, he'll step right into a starting position. But Dave's comment was lil more confident

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »
If youre Sidiki, who do you want to play? Mike Rice,Kevin Willard or Tim Cluess? (Leaving SJU out of the equation)

nyc12

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 05:58:35 PM »
He might end up at Wagner under Hurly.  Hurly did coach him in high School at St. Benedict's and may have the best chance at adjusting this kids attitude.

desco80

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 06:05:20 PM »
Over on redmen someone posted a link to a rivals article today that says SJU is very much in the hunt for sidiki

"RedStormReport.com has exclusively learned that the Red Storm, who itself has suffered some recruiting setbacks lately, is in serious play for the dynamic freshman."

http://stjohns.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2305&tid=167195026&mid=167195026&sid=1171&style=2

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:28:25 AM by desco80 »

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »
Transfers generally don't go up or even lateral.

Seth Curry from Liberty to Duke are so seldom.

He goes to MAAC where he will dominate, get PT, and have a chance to play in tourney every year. There is a chance even if Iona doesn't beat Fairfield in the MAAC they will still get an at large bid. It's also in NY. It makes a lot of sense for city kids.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 11:57:27 PM »

He goes to MAAC where he will dominate, get PT, and have a chance to play in tourney every year. There is a chance even if Iona doesn't beat Fairfield in the MAAC they will still get an at large bid. It's also in NY. It makes a lot of sense for city kids.

the thing here IMO is that sidiki never really got a chance to see if he could compete at the high level. Most kids that transfer to a lesser school do so because they had shown they couldnt compete at that level.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kob24

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
dynamic?

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 01:04:52 AM »

Good grief. What do you think I flip coins and boldly make statements?

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 01:06:00 AM »
dynamic?

The dancing ref was almost spot on when he was yelling see you at Manhattan College next year. haaha

Gumby

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 09:03:48 AM »
The AZ Republic reported today that Josiah Turner was just suspended for the next game for breaking team rules.  By itself this probably would not mean much, but with Sidiki leaving, I wonder if there is real trouble in Millerville?

Moose

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »
The AZ Republic reported today that Josiah Turner was just suspended for the next game for breaking team rules.  By itself this probably would not mean much, but with Sidiki leaving, I wonder if there is real trouble in Millerville?

These kids expected to come in and run things.  But Miller had a team in place.  And it will only get worse next year with arguably the top class in the land coming in.
Remember who broke the Slice news

dR3w

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 11:58:03 AM »

Don't forget about Alpha Bangura!!! :)

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »

It's trouble that every coach in America would like to have. He has lotto picks rolling. Turner will be recruited right over.

crgreen

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »

Don't tell that to UCLA fans!     Chace Stanback was 17/7 last year for UNLV.   Drew Gordon was 13.8/10.2 last year for New Mexico.  Mike Moser is 15/12 this year for UNLV.

I respectfully disagree with your take.   Successful transfers are relatively commonplace - you noted last year's Seth Curry (9pts 2 assissts).   But there were guys like Juan Pattillo at WKU getting 14/9 in their tranfer year.  Morgan Grim is getting 11/6 for Utah State.   Xferring from my Hokies to TCU, Hank Thorns got 11pts 7 assists last year.  Jio Fontan left Fordam for U$C, and was their 2nd leading scorer and leader in assists.  Malik Cooke is getting 12 pts and 5 boards for South Carolina.   Brandan Walters is getting 8pts 6 rebs for Sienna.  Two-time transfer (from Ky and Ill) Alex Legion got 13/5 for Fla Int.   Malik Story is getting 15 a game for Nevada.  Okek Czyz got 13pts and 6 rebs for Nevada last season. 

And those are just a few of the 2011-eligible transfers.....