Seton Hall In and Post Game Discussion

• 26 replies
Seton Hall In and Post Game Discussion
« on: March 01, 2008, 01:57:03 PM »
I won't be around for game time as I'll be at work but Let go Johnnies!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:25:05 AM by JJ »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: Live! Seton Hall @ Carnesecca
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 04:07:17 PM »
great way to start the game

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:42:59 PM »
Nice win by the team!!

Mason lit it up...he was unconscious...Wright hitting big shots...JB hitting big free throws...DJ stuffing the stat sheet 10 points 5 assts 5 steals and 3 rebounds.

20 assists on 26 field goals!!

Malik celebrating before Mason even released it!

I almost had a heart attack after Hazell hit from 3 quarters court!!!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 08:51:02 PM »
really bad job by Gonzo at the end of the game too...He waited too long to foul...then decided to press with 8 ticks left.  Has he seen us in the half court at all this year?

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 09:51:13 PM »
Unbelieveable game! Great job by everyone.
Yeah I don't know what Gonzo was thinking. What a nice person! Only having 3 team fouls at the end really hurt them.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 10:06:32 PM »
What happened I was at work and didn't see the game....can someone give me a solid recap?

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 10:34:36 PM »
What happened I was at work and didn't see the game....can someone give me a solid recap?
Here's a real quick recap.

We played well to start...then Seton Hall went off and hit like 11 FGs in a row and we ended up down by 8 at the half.  Kennedy hit 2 big 3s to keep it even that close. 

We opened the second half with some serious defense and clawed back to even.  Then made some bad plays and Seton Hall went up by 10 with 5 minutes to go...then Wright and Mason seemed to hit everything they shot. 

We were up 1 with about 40 seconds and Gonzo waited to foul at the end.  JB got fouled and nailed both with 20 seconds left to put us up 3. 

Then Nutter comes off a screen and nails a 3 with 8 seconds left.  Norm calls a TO...and SH comes out in a press.  Boothe goes full court and kicks out to Mase for 3.  Boothe starting celebrating before Mason even shot it.  Thats how hot Mason was.

And then...with 1.7 seconds left Seton Hall inbounds the ball and Hazell hits a bomb from 3/4 court...but Gonzo had called a timeout.  The next inbound was deflected by JB game over...crazy ending.

Nice win...nice to see the team play with intensity.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 10:35:34 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
eugene harvey was pitiful today.  he had 5 pts, 5 assists, but 9 turnovers.  DJ had a very nice all around game: 10 pts, 5 assists, 3 rebounds, 5 steals.  wright and mase were lights out, horne played tough D, evans barly played, and burrell was eh. 12 pts, 7 turnovers, 2 rebounds..

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 10:43:43 PM »
eugene harvey was pitiful today.  he had 5 pts, 5 assists, but 9 turnovers.  DJ had a very nice all around game: 10 pts, 5 assists, 3 rebounds, 5 steals.  wright and mase were lights out, horne played tough D, evans barly played, and burrell was eh. 12 pts, 7 turnovers, 2 rebounds..

Do you think highly of Harvey?

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 10:44:14 PM »

your right...Harvey looked horrible...Boothe was in his shorts all game.

Randomhero423

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 10:47:12 PM »

last year i thought he could be one of the best pg's in the big east in one or two years.  he's regressed this year, but he's still a very solid point guard. 

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 10:50:44 PM »

last year i thought he could be one of the best pg's in the big east in one or two years.  he's regressed this year, but he's still a very solid point guard. 

If you ask me he is a better scoring Geno but then again he also averages 100-150 more shots than Geno a season. Look at the numbers....just trying to keep things in perspective we are so quick to kill our guys and praise others when neither may be that fair.

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 10:57:23 PM »

If you ask me he is a better scoring Geno but then again he also averages 100-150 more shots than Geno a season. Look at the numbers....just trying to keep things in perspective we are so quick to kill our guys and praise others when neither may be that fair.

last year he was only a freshman though and was averaging 16 pts and 4 assists.. 

eugene as a freshman averaged 7 and 4 witd lower fg and 3 point shotting %.

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 11:03:58 PM »
He also shot 200 more shots as a freshman and had just as many turnovers.

Randomhero423

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 11:07:12 PM »
their turnover ratio freshman years harvey is losses by only .2 

with 200 more shots,as a freshman eugene would not average 16 points and 4 assists. imo

Re: Seton Hall In and Post Game Discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 12:27:04 AM »
their turnover ratio freshman years harvey is losses by only .2 

with 200 more shots,as a freshman eugene would not average 16 points and 4 assists. imo

I'm not saying he would but its damn close....close enough to compare a PG you call deem the worst PG in St. John's history but you credit a guy at Seton Hall for being good. I don't think either are that good but at least I'm fair about it.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 12:34:22 AM »
There will be a delay in getting up the Seton Hall post game as Dan is still out with his family and I'm going to bed because I'm very tired from work and I have a long day ahead for me tomorrow. Belmar's St. Patricks day parade so needless to say I will not be on the computer at all tomorrow. Expect post game in addition to ND pre game up simultaneously sometime Monday.

Enjoy the W tonight. I just don't get why its so quiet after wins but so loud after losses.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 12:35:26 AM »
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=280612599

Here's a link to the recap and video highlight of the game, if you want to actually see the ending.

kjd01067

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 10:19:08 AM »
Game was awesome !  It was my first game at Carnesecca (Always had gone to MSG).  Mase played like a dog until 10 minutes left in the second half and then boy did he light it up! The place was rockin at the end of the game. Only complaints of the game was that we sat next to two old guys who were yelling at Norm and Monasch the whole game (it was funny at the start but quickly got annoying since Norm nor Monasch could here what they were saying and they were saying the same old shit over and over again.  I also got asked to do the shooting challenge during one of the media timeouts but couldnt do it cause of my shoulder.  All in all the game was a great time and im happy for our guys they really deserved that win.