Recruiting

• 207 replies

Moose

Re: Recruiting
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 11:16:10 PM »
I'd sit and recruit the NEPSAC all day long.  Conference oozes with top talent.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 11:17:42 PM »
I'd sit and recruit the NEPSAC all day long.  Conference oozes with top talent.

At this rate, theyre gonna have to recruit tall kids they see in the library

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 11:19:09 PM »
Everybody in 2012 is committed already except obekpa and that's the most nessaceray kid I believe. Jermaine Lawrence Lawrence I believe has potential but my eye is on Jordan Washington for 2013. His attitude sucks, he's not disciplined and he's about 25 pounds over weight very much so out of shape. With all that said I just recently last week watched him give the kid facey 33 points and wasn't even playing at his peak. If our staff can give him some guidance it's skies the limit for him.
Need a clarification-when you say give the kid Facey 33pts-does that mean he scored 33 or he gave up 33 to Facey? ???

Moose

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 11:20:49 PM »
Everybody in 2012 is committed already except obekpa and that's the most nessaceray kid I believe. Jermaine Lawrence Lawrence I believe has potential but my eye is on Jordan Washington for 2013. His attitude sucks, he's not disciplined and he's about 25 pounds over weight very much so out of shape. With all that said I just recently last week watched him give the kid facey 33 points and wasn't even playing at his peak. If our staff can give him some guidance it's skies the limit for him.
Need a clarification-when you say give the kid Facey 33pts-does that mean he scored 33 or he gave up 33 to Facey? ???

Washington scored 33 on Facey.

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 11:21:43 PM »

Washington scored 33 on Facey.

33 on his ACT? Sign him!

Chilleb

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 11:22:35 PM »
With Nuri jumping ship guess that killed the small chance at amile jefferson

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 11:29:34 PM »
I'm just nervous that we're entering the game too late.  The staff went into this year thinking they might need 2 or 3 recruits for next season.  Now, there's a very real possibility they may need 4 or 5 recruits.  And while we can all cross our fingers and hope for the return of Sampson, Pelle, and Gathers, I am skeptical of putting my trust in a player who has already decommitted from us.  I really hope I'm wrong on that point, but there aren't that many recruits who decommit and then recommit a few months later.

Based on his proven track record in the recruiting circles, it'd be foolish to doubt Lavin.  That being said, I think it is is going to be extraordinarily difficult to fix the roster for next year.

Chilleb

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 11:34:30 PM »
We're we ever in the fold for Savon goodman?and why did Omari leave? He gets nothing but bench for k state. There in double overtime for crying out loud and I don't think he's got a minute yet.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:36:14 PM by Chilleb »

Moose

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 11:37:20 PM »
We're we ever in the fold for Savon goodman?and why did Omari leave? He gets nothing but bench for k state. There in double overtime for crying out loud and I don't think he's got a minute yet.

Savon was never in the mix the first time really.  But since he backed off his Nova verbal his recruitment has been silent since many think hes going back to '13 instead of '12.

Chilleb

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 11:40:03 PM »
We have the number 1 ranked juco in America at Monroe, anybody worth springing for over there?

ris

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 04:10:50 AM »

Who would you have wanted to stay home though from the committed '12 guys?

Omar Calhoun, Jevon Thomas and Kamari Murphy.

ris

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 04:12:56 AM »
Coach Lavin is doing a very good job in the recruiting, but I feel that he is much much more confortable with West Coast than NY/NJ players.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »
NEPSAC all day. And at least 1 JUCO forward, since the staff would be entering the game/ casting a wide net very late in the recruiting season. The team needs a couple of forwards - remember that the team gets beaten on the glass every single game - and then a point guard, and then just straight up talent. They don't have to be all-world; in fact, the team needs a few junkyard dogs who don't demand shots or think they're being poorly used when it's pointed out that they need to play with their head up, not up their backside.

ras

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »
With Greene,Harkless,Pointer,Garritt,Harrison and Gift we have a nice core. They are thrown into the fire this year and will grow up fast. Next year Woods will provide more outside shooting. We do not need 6 4 star recruits. If we can grab 2 good bigs and a pg the rest can be role players. We have had a ton of bad news lately but if no one transfers and Lavin gets his health back we can end up in good shape.

Chilleb

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
Are we still pursuing the juco kid Cummings?

Moose

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »

He will be there for 2nd semester is my understanding.  Tex Pan Am game.

Chilleb

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »
Other than machado another under recruited queens native who Has a good chance of hearing his name called in next June's draft is Kyle O' Quinn out of Norfolk state. All we do is miss!!! :tickedoff:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:35:54 PM by Chilleb »

desco80

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 07:27:59 PM »

He will be there for 2nd semester is my understanding.  Tex Pan Am game.

And what of the mysterious sharp-shooting transfer who's been rumored to be coming?   Does anyone know anything more definitive about that?

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2011, 09:17:18 PM »
We have the number 1 ranked juco in America at Monroe, anybody worth springing for over there?

^^ Dont know why we haven't been mentioned with him but now would be the time to get after him if we aren't already

desco80

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2011, 12:45:40 AM »

^^ Dont know why we haven't been mentioned with him but now would be the time to get after him if we aren't already

I think the question was "if" there was anybody worth looking at at Monroe.  Monroe is the #1 ranked CC, not any particular player.  To be honest I'm not familiar with their roster at all.  Some posters may have seen them play last year when they went to take a look at GG though.  Perhaps they have some insight.