Recruiting

• 207 replies
Re: Recruiting
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2011, 11:43:08 AM »
He's waiting on an answer from God. Clearly, that answer is not us.
If Gift wants him we got him! :) Seriously though if he is considering walking on some where why don't we offer schollie and bag him? I am speaking without knowing anything about kid but relying on what other posters have said about wanting him and on the fact we are on desperate straights for hight and depth for this season.

Marillac

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2011, 01:17:18 PM »
We climb a lot faster if we could get in the running for Stokes. 6'9 and wants to enroll in January.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/12/14/jarnell-stokes-leaning-toward-enrolling-in-january/#more-63167

I've been wishing that for the last couple of weeks.

This would be utterly amazing.  6'9 255...five stars. If he's waiting for an answer from God, he might be interested in a Catholic school.  Lav could sell that, a guaranteed starting spot, 35 mpg, and a chance to be a part of a fab five, being one of five freshman starters (only school in the country?).

DFF6

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2011, 01:34:48 PM »
We climb a lot faster if we could get in the running for Stokes. 6'9 and wants to enroll in January.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/12/14/jarnell-stokes-leaning-toward-enrolling-in-january/#more-63167

I've been wishing that for the last couple of weeks.

This would be utterly amazing.  6'9 255...five stars. If he's waiting for an answer from God, he might be interested in a Catholic school.  Lav could sell that, a guaranteed starting spot, 35 mpg, and a chance to be a part of a fab five, being one of five freshman starters (only school in the country?).

Unless Lavin has been working the back channels to get this kid, which might explain why no one is reporting that SJU is in the mix, aren't we a little late to the party for a legitimate shot at Stokes to play for us in January??   Lavin is real good, but he's not God.

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »
he doesn't even list us.  i think we're too late

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2011, 02:06:54 PM »
Have we or did we ever contemplate Ethan Telfair? (sebastians little brother) I've been reading and hearing good stuff about him lately. Wanna see him live to make sure though.

I know he's been to some of our camps but dont think he's really on our radar. From what i've heard he is more of a mid-major player right now

Marillac

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2011, 02:19:44 PM »

Probably, but it might make him think twice to see Lavin In his living room guaranteeing him a starting spot 30+ mpg, playing alongside a projected lottery pick--moe--playing against Duke, Syracuse and Uconn, and being told about all the pros Lavin developed.  :).

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2011, 08:38:35 PM »

Probably, but it might make him think twice to see Lavin In his living room guaranteeing him a starting spot 30+ mpg, playing alongside a projected lottery pick--moe--playing against Duke, Syracuse and Uconn, and being told about all the pros Lavin developed.  :).

Cuse?

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »

Probably the case, I would think Lavin would explore that option given the current state of the team. Might be a thing were the staff doesn't want to waste the time of trying to get a commitment from him when he is very deep in his recruitment. If he did come here I agree with others would seem to be a perfect match

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »
Just a random thought could Michael Taylor be that mystery shooter coming in?

Moose

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2011, 09:32:02 PM »

Not him.
Plus isn't he stuck with BE schools since he signed LOI with Rutgers?  (Ala Glover and Hall years ago)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2011, 09:38:02 PM »

Not him.
Plus isn't he stuck with BE schools since he signed LOI with Rutgers?  (Ala Glover and Hall years ago)

Was just a guess because I thought we had some interest in him when he was still at Boys & Girls and obviously being the hometown team. I thought he would be open now just like Jakarr could possibly go to Providence

Moose

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2011, 09:40:28 PM »

Not him.

Was just a guess because I thought we had some interest in him when he was still at Boys & Girls and obviously being the hometown team. I thought he would be open now just like Jakarr could possibly go to Providence

I forgot the particulars.  You might be right.  So long as he didn't enroll.  Taylor dropped off the face of the earth once he committed last year.  His play went in the tank.
I'm very leery of B&G kids.  They rarely make it on big college stage.  In the last 10-15 years who has from that school?

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »
I would think that Taylor's situation is the same as Sampson's or Pelle's
Signed a LOI to attend in Sept 2011, didn't qualify, went to prep schooll and is now a "free agent"
Why would it be different?

Moose

« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »
I would think that Taylor's situation is the same as Sampson's or Pelle's
Signed a LOI to attend in Sept 2011, didn't qualify, went to prep schooll and is now a "free agent"
Why would it be different?

If you enroll.  Like Glover did.

Moose

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2011, 09:48:58 PM »

« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2011, 09:52:33 PM »

Larry White?

Chilleb

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2011, 10:04:38 PM »
Have we or did we ever contemplate Ethan Telfair? (sebastians little brother) I've been reading and hearing good stuff about him lately. Wanna see him live to make sure though.

I know he's been to some of our camps but dont think he's really on our radar. From what i've heard he is more of a mid-major player right now

Yea I've heard the same thing that's why I wanna see him in person and see what the big growth everybody's talking about is

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2011, 11:14:54 PM »
Moose: Any idea when we will find out about this mystery recruit?  How about a hint? =)

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2011, 12:51:36 AM »
I would love it if we had a spot for Dwayne Brunson.  He played at Cardozo and is now at Barton (KS) CC.

http://www.bartonccc.edu/athletics/mbasketball/1112/roster.html

Marillac

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2011, 12:57:30 AM »
I would love it if we had a spot for Dwayne Brunson.  He played at Cardozo and is now at Barton (KS) CC.

http://www.bartonccc.edu/athletics/mbasketball/1112/roster.html

One of the sickest athletes I've ever seen.