Lavin, WTF is going on?

• 86 replies
Re: Lavin, WTF is going on?
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »
Norm also went after some poor character guys too. Lest we forget Aaron Spears, Derwin Kitchen, Lance Stephenson & Jayvaughn Pinkston & Doug Wiggins.

If I recall once that POS Wiggins left is for Uconn, Norm brought in Derwin Kitchen, who had a fake juco transcript.

It's easy to remember Norm as being a "nice" guy, but let's not forget that he went after several morally suspect recruits.
He just didn't any of them.

1 of those guys played for St Johns. Fact is Lavin couldnt or wouldnt keep Omari, Ron Roberts, Polee and he even asked Stith to leave.  All those guys are eligible

You can't force someone to stay who wants to leave.  That was Polee.

Guess he wasnt happy with what was going on

Ask his Daddy.

Not my job. Lavin is supposedly the "living room" guy

What is your job then exactly?

Resident flamer

The torch has been passed on    ;D
g
Yeah but in hindsight, your opinion was 100% spot on from day 1 of the Norm era

Thanks you.

Yet everyone criticzed realfan for doing so

How true.  And I got hammered on a regular basis.  Thats why, while we may not agree what each other may have to say, you never know how things are going to turn out so we should all give each other a bit of slack here.  I was convinced early on that Norm was in over his head and at times was relentless in my conviction of this.  I am glad that I stood by what I truly believed.

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
Norm also went after some poor character guys too. Lest we forget Aaron Spears, Derwin Kitchen, Lance Stephenson & Jayvaughn Pinkston & Doug Wiggins.

If I recall once that POS Wiggins left is for Uconn, Norm brought in Derwin Kitchen, who had a fake juco transcript.

It's easy to remember Norm as being a "nice" guy, but let's not forget that he went after several morally suspect recruits.

1 of those guys played for St Johns. Fact is Lavin couldnt or wouldnt keep Omari, Ron Roberts, Polee and he even asked Stith to leave.  All those guys are eligible

Ask his Daddy.

Resident flamer

g

Thanks you.

How true.  And I got hammered on a regular basis.  Thats why, while we may not agree what each other may have to say, you never know how things are going to turn out so we should all give each other a bit of slack here.  I was convinced early on that Norm was in over his head and at times was relentless in my conviction of this.  I am glad that I stood by what I truly believed.

I would love nothing more from everryone
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2011, 07:46:09 PM »

Ask his Daddy.

Resident flamer

g

Thanks you.

It wasn't his opinion it was how he presented it and how when things turned well for Norm ( for maybe a 5 day stretch ) he wasn't around but after losses he was out in full force.

That being said he was right about Norm and I have no problem admitting it. I don't regret giving Norm a chance though for those 1st 3 years ir whatever it was

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2011, 07:57:26 PM »
You are unhappy that our coach is out recruiting? Would you like us to go into next season with just the same 6 players?

No, but if you can fly around the country and not coach?

I can't say for sure, but head coaching a D1 basketball game seems to me like it would take a lot more out of a person than watching a high school game.

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2011, 08:14:13 PM »
No one ever said the staff was doing a fine job.  They also aren't doing a poor job, either.  Not to mention, I've also become accustomed to your style or way of posting.  This is one of your patented "stir the pot" threads.

You'll be lying to yourself, if you didn't agree.

If what I post is right, how am I stirring the pot? Same story with you guys when reality slaps you in the face. "Baldi's flaming the board" .This program is in shambles, probably only 3 Big East players on the roster. And the coach is in Colorado probably recruiting another eligiblity disaster

What is right what you post?  It's all your opinion.  Hell!  I don't think you believe all the jive that you post.  Some people believe, if they say or post something that they consider to be "real" or true is right.  Quite frankly, that is generally a BS cop out to validate their negativity.  More times than not, their "realness" or truth in their eyes is usually their opinion.

Yeah, the program is in shambles with only 3 Big East players on the roster.  He's recruiting another eligibility disaster.  Lately, you've been losing credibility.  Your latter comment just reassured it.

You should've lost it when you said you would never post on Redmen.com again, but resurfaced as "Ricky Smith."  LOL   Classic and comical.

Continue stirring the pot; making the board a semi-Iona site; and being a douche' when it fits your agenda....  All while being a moderator.  Have at it, potna!

+10
Didn't IONA lose to #1 nationally ranked Marshall by 19?

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »
No one ever said the staff was doing a fine job.  They also aren't doing a poor job, either.  Not to mention, I've also become accustomed to your style or way of posting.  This is one of your patented "stir the pot" threads.

You'll be lying to yourself, if you didn't agree.

If what I post is right, how am I stirring the pot? Same story with you guys when reality slaps you in the face. "Baldi's flaming the board" .This program is in shambles, probably only 3 Big East players on the roster. And the coach is in Colorado probably recruiting another eligiblity disaster

What is right what you post?  It's all your opinion.  Hell!  I don't think you believe all the jive that you post.  Some people believe, if they say or post something that they consider to be "real" or true is right.  Quite frankly, that is generally a BS cop out to validate their negativity.  More times than not, their "realness" or truth in their eyes is usually their opinion.

Yeah, the program is in shambles with only 3 Big East players on the roster.  He's recruiting another eligibility disaster.  Lately, you've been losing credibility.  Your latter comment just reassured it.

You should've lost it when you said you would never post on Redmen.com again, but resurfaced as "Ricky Smith."  LOL   Classic and comical.

Continue stirring the pot; making the board a semi-Iona site; and being a douche' when it fits your agenda....  All while being a moderator.  Have at it, potna!

+10
Didn't IONA lose to #1 nationally ranked Marshall by 19?

Yes and you can post about it in the college and sports section

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »
Lavin was at Walt Hazzard's funeral in LA, went to check out players we desperately need for future. Great that we complain about everything.  ::)

Hopefully he cleared this with the doctor. Flying cross country and funerals arent a good mix

WTH dude, you volunteer to moderate a St Johns forum and only positive things out of your typing fingers are about Cluess, Mo Mo, the entire city of New Rochelle, Glover (Michael not Anthony)and Machado. Not asking you to be a homer but reading your posts are getting a bit old.

Ted, the worst insult here (are younreadingbthis DAVE) is when Baldi uses the word WE.....WE this and WE that yet he is not a St. John's fan! WTF is that about.... DAVE???

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
Lavin was at Walt Hazzard's funeral in LA, went to check out players we desperately need for future. Great that we complain about everything.  ::)

Hopefully he cleared this with the doctor. Flying cross country and funerals arent a good mix

WTH dude, you volunteer to moderate a St Johns forum and only positive things out of your typing fingers are about Cluess, Mo Mo, the entire city of New Rochelle, Glover (Michael not Anthony)and Machado. Not asking you to be a homer but reading your posts are getting a bit old.

Ted, the worst insult here (are younreadingbthis DAVE) is when Baldi uses the word WE.....WE this and WE that yet he is not a St. John's fan! WTF is that about.... DAVE???

Another holier than thou fan

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2011, 08:53:21 PM »
Marco   remember usually a tranquilizer or a laxative can make you a regular guy again. ::)

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
Who was Chiles watching today?

Tiznow

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »
Hes out on the recruiting trail across the country? This guy has to get on campus and make things right in the lockerroom. WTF are you doing?
It's not to strenuous to fly 1st class to watch a game.

Recruiting right now is our #1 priority. Spoke to a member of the sites who doesn't really post 2 weeks ago and he has an office job and said it took him 3 months to get back into the flow of things after having the same thing Lavin had.

I look at this another way. We are going to take a beating this year anyway. BUT we need more kids and we need them next year.

Could Nuri have stayed with Lavin. Quite possibly. But we need to lock in Gathers again and get the recruiting ball rolling because either way with or without Lavin this was going to be a tough year

Hey Mike, this is fellow Johnny fan Brian - the guy you are referencing in an above post.  Although I was able to slowly return to an office job a few weeks after the surgery I would not have been able to coach a game for a long time.  It takes three months to get close to how you felt before the surgery.  In the first few months it is very difficult to pull off presentations or anything with that type of stress.  Coaching a game is a physically and mentally draining.  I believe Torre waited three months to return to the Yankee bench and I read that Calhoun told Lavin to wait at least two months.  Thanks to the hard work of Dr. Scardino and his colleagues at Sloan-Kettering we will soon see a stronger and healthy Steve Lavin on the bench.  Also, with the surgery done with and clean results he will have a heavy worry behind him.

As with many on these boards I post much less frequently and avoid posting on the other boards altogether - mainly due to too many disrespectful and nonsense posts. 

Though, I'm glad you and many other Johnny fans keep up the positive and the informative posts.

Last season was a special season.  This coaching staff will get us back to that feeling again.

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
Hes out on the recruiting trail across the country? This guy has to get on campus and make things right in the lockerroom. WTF are you doing?

Recruiting right now is our #1 priority. Spoke to a member of the sites who doesn't really post 2 weeks ago and he has an office job and said it took him 3 months to get back into the flow of things after having the same thing Lavin had.

I look at this another way. We are going to take a beating this year anyway. BUT we need more kids and we need them next year.

Could Nuri have stayed with Lavin. Quite possibly. But we need to lock in Gathers again and get the recruiting ball rolling because either way with or without Lavin this was going to be a tough year

Hey Mike, this is fellow Johnny fan Brian - the guy you are referencing in an above post.  Although I was able to slowly return to an office job a few weeks after the surgery I would not have been able to coach a game for a long time.  It takes three months to get close to how you felt before the surgery.  In the first few months it is very difficult to pull off presentations or anything with that type of stress.  Coaching a game is a physically and mentally draining.  I believe Torre waited three months to return to the Yankee bench and I read that Calhoun told Lavin to wait at least two months.  Thanks to the hard work of Dr. Scardino and his colleagues at Sloan-Kettering we will soon see a stronger and healthy Steve Lavin on the bench.  Also, with the surgery done with and clean results he will have a heavy worry behind him.

As with many on these boards I post much less frequently and avoid posting on the other boards altogether - mainly due to too many disrespectful and nonsense posts. 

Though, I'm glad you and many other Johnny fans keep up the positive and the informative posts.

Last season was a special season.  This coaching staff will get us back to that feeling again.

Yes this is the poster I was referencing. Brian aka " olv72 ". A very cool dude who went thru what Lavin is going thru

Thanks for posting Brian

boo3

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »

Great post Brian. Thanks for sharing

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2011, 10:35:59 PM »

What will it take for you to stop? You are ruining this site.

boo3

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2011, 10:42:24 PM »
 Baldi getting owned on this thread.   ;D ;D

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2011, 10:54:26 PM »
What makes this whole situation frustrating is that pretty much since Coach C retired St. John's has been a cock tease of a program. What I mean is that there comes certain points where it looks like St. John's is back and ready to rumble just to fall back to obscurity is embarrassing fashion it seems...

SJU started to build some momentum with Fraschilla a raising star just to see him get fired for looking for a new job and unique motivation technique.

Jarvis came in which I think everybody could agree at the time seem like a great decision and showed that SJU was serious about basketball. After an elite eight run (should have beat freaken Ohio state!) and a #2 seed things were looking up. There was rumors at one point that Jarvis was in the running to coach the Nets....Well we all know what happened...

Norm Roberts who was know as a good recruiter with KU and a local guy that loved the Johnnies became a potential Hallmark story, ended up not so magical.

Out of no where we have Lavin who is charismatic, who says all the right things, made a magical run, had the #3 recruiting class. and got the Johnny nation to start believing again....

Here comes this year...Big East is falling apart, Lavin is out longer then anybody thought (not blaming anybody on this), that #3 class is falling apart, and know the sense of "here we go again" is starting to creep in.

I still think Lavin can right the ship and set things straight, but I will be lying to everyone that the thought of he is a west coast guy who is married to an actress and may want to go back to the west coast did not cross my mind.

In the end Lavin does deserve some blame for the  player debacle because he is the head the coach. Lavin's report card will not be complete until two seasons for now until he recruits his team and when all his systems have been established and are in place.
Cougar O' Malley

Moose

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2011, 10:56:53 PM »
There was rumors at one point that Jarvis was in the running to coach the Nets....Well we all know what happened...

Jarvis was rumored to the Wizards, not Nets.
Remember who broke the Slice news

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2011, 11:01:07 PM »
There was rumors at one point that Jarvis was in the running to coach the Nets....Well we all know what happened...

Jarvis was rumored to the Wizards, not Nets.

Your right, my bad, but the fact that he was going to jump from the Johnnies to the NBA was a serious possibility, which is laughable now.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2011, 12:36:07 AM »

Starting as a freshmen - beating top 10 teams and national champions in front of large, raucous Garden crowds - making an Ncaa tournament run?

Who could blame him?

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2011, 07:25:28 AM »

Stop what? I'm hoping WE'RE not falling back into the Jarviss abyss

What will it take for you to stop? You are ruining this site.