What is going on?

• 41 replies
Re: What is going on?
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »
and on the old BEB it was like the wild west and you could say anything.

The Tale of the Tapes you used to come up with would crack me up.

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 01:03:23 PM »
and on the old BEB it was like the wild west and you could say anything.

The Tale of the Tapes you used to come up with would crack me up.

Ya those are classic. Wasju bring 1 out of retirement to loosen up the mood around here

mkras99

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 01:22:12 PM »
Realfan has been banned.

The banning of books and posters is never ideal.  The 1st amendment is often inconvenient and not very pretty but I like it.

The First Amendment has nothing to do with JohnnyJungle.

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »
I think BEB owns the right to tale of the tape. I have to consult my lawyer.

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 01:38:06 PM »
Realfan has been banned.

The banning of books and posters is never ideal.  The 1st amendment is often inconvenient and not very pretty but I like it.

So said the fascist.

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 01:55:54 PM »
Realfan has been banned.

So said the fascist.

You right Carm

If I remember it correct, it say:
"Dave and Baldi and Dan and JumpinJohnny shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech...."
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

LJSA

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 02:15:47 PM »
I will not miss his negativism but I am sure he is busy logging on from another ISP under another name as is his modus operandi.
I may actually post here more often now:)

He is incapable of changing his posting style, so we'll instantly know the moment he returns.

mkras99

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 02:28:16 PM »
Realfan has been banned.

So said the fascist.

Uh, no.  First Amendment has to do with the government's prohibition of free speech.  Last I checked Dave wasn't the government. 

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 02:46:40 PM »
Sadly, while a true REAL fan of the program he just can't help himself and at various times has gotten himself banned from all of the St. John's boards on which he posted.

Not only that, PMG....  The guy is probably one of the oldest, if not the oldest poster (60 years of age) on any of the boards, and acts like he's 8 years old.  Sheesh!
Ageism?

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 02:47:09 PM »
Wait I thought everyone on Redmen.com was in their 80' ;Ds
Ageism?

boo3

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »
  Whats that called when old people start repeating themselves, over and over again?    ;)

mkras99

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »
  Whats that called when old people start repeating themselves, over and over again?    ;)

Ageism.

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 02:57:27 PM »
Repeated because used 2 different quotes wiseacre. ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:58:09 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »
Realfan has been banned.

So said the fascist.

You right Carm

If I remember it correct, it say:
"Dave and Baldi and Dan and JumpinJohnny shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech...."

You got it word for word from memory.  I'm impressed...Poor me, Israelites.

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »
Realfan has been banned.

So said the fascist.

Uh, no.  First Amendment has to do with the government's prohibition of free speech.  Last I checked Dave wasn't the government.

Tru dat.  However,  the grand notion and ideology espoused in it provides lessons to be learned by all and has righteous application in other aspects of society at large.  Founding fathers thought it so important they put it 1st.

Don't you agree?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:59:05 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 04:15:34 PM »
And then there is that Holmes problem about yelling fire in a crowded theater.
Freedom and resposibility. In balance, or lose it.

mkras99

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »
Realfan has been banned.

So said the fascist.

Tru dat.  However,  the grand notion and ideology espoused in it provides lessons to be learned by all and has righteous application in other aspects of society at large.  Founding fathers thought it so important they put it 1st.

Don't you agree?

Fair enough, but I view realfan as the idiot who keeps on shouting fire in a crowded movie theater.

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 06:14:11 PM »
Realfan has been banned.

So said the fascist.

Everyone agrees to a code of conduct when they sign up to the forum. It's the Jungle constitution
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 08:55:12 PM »
I know I've gotten a bad rep in  the short time ive been here as being Mr. negative, and annoying some posters/mods but I honestly never saw a problemn with what I was saying.

One of the main functions/uses/or whatever of these forums is to be able to vent during tough times.  I never once cursed or attacked a poster unless it was a reply to an attack.   I'd rather talk about the game/team and why I'm frustrated then exchange lame jokes/insults but we are all guilty of that I guess. 

I did find that people were a little too forgiving of Lavin, which is fine, but at least when i criticized the staff I backed it up with opinions/reasoning and didn't just throw out blanket statements of "Lavin stinks."

The bottom line is I love this program and suffer everytiem we lose.  I can't wait to celebrate a national championship.  I jsut think people are alittle too sensitive and need to take the rose colored glasses off at times. 

I'm happy to have a forum to discuss St. John's hoops and if I let my frustration out in a game thread I apologize but just know it's only becaue I love this team, love thsi school and want us back at the top. 

LJSA

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 10:49:40 PM »
I know I've gotten a bad rep in  the short time ive been here as being Mr. negative, and annoying some posters/mods but I honestly never saw a problemn with what I was saying.

One of the main functions/uses/or whatever of these forums is to be able to vent during tough times.  I never once cursed or attacked a poster unless it was a reply to an attack.   I'd rather talk about the game/team and why I'm frustrated then exchange lame jokes/insults but we are all guilty of that I guess. 

I did find that people were a little too forgiving of Lavin, which is fine, but at least when i criticized the staff I backed it up with opinions/reasoning and didn't just throw out blanket statements of "Lavin stinks."

The bottom line is I love this program and suffer everytiem we lose.  I can't wait to celebrate a national championship.  I jsut think people are alittle too sensitive and need to take the rose colored glasses off at times. 

I'm happy to have a forum to discuss St. John's hoops and if I let my frustration out in a game thread I apologize but just know it's only becaue I love this team, love thsi school and want us back at the top. 

Ban this clown ;D