Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies
Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2013, 02:10:34 PM »
He has big conference talent written all over him since day 1. Or is huggy and Martin reaching too?

Have you seen their programs recently?...LOL!

Call me when Calipari reaches out to him... :2funny: :2funny:

Moose

« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2013, 02:15:19 PM »
He has big conference talent written all over him since day 1. Or is huggy and Martin reaching too?

The reach ppl referred to was De La Rosa not Severe
I know moose, but some people on the board said severe Would be a reach as well and is "clearly" not a big conference player, hence me asking if cuonzo and huggy are sipping the wrong kool aid as well? And there not, severe is and would be a nice addition because he can handle and play make as well.

Its not a crazy reach.  I don't think people thought it was a big reach.  I just wanted to make sure you realized me and Happy were mostly talking about De La Rosa.  As for Severe he can go to the A-10 and on most teams get to play right away and do well.  The jump from A-10 to BE is not huge by any means. 

I've said a couple of times if he was 2014 I'd be all over him.  If I took him next year he should redshirt IMO.
Yeah if Adonis Dosent watch it he could b the next josh smith, and he isn't nearly as talented as him either, but agree with the disparity of the top of the A-10 is very small from the top of the major schools this year. However all the talk of him being a mid major jacker should stop now, the kid is good. You think that with talks of him increasing almost seals the deal with Jordan?

Don't think it seals deal with Jordan.
Just think staff took some heat for no backup options and now they might be feeling out the rest of the scene.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »

The reach ppl referred to was De La Rosa not Severe
I know moose, but some people on the board said severe Would be a reach as well and is "clearly" not a big conference player, hence me asking if cuonzo and huggy are sipping the wrong kool aid as well? And there not, severe is and would be a nice addition because he can handle and play make as well.

Its not a crazy reach.  I don't think people thought it was a big reach.  I just wanted to make sure you realized me and Happy were mostly talking about De La Rosa.  As for Severe he can go to the A-10 and on most teams get to play right away and do well.  The jump from A-10 to BE is not huge by any means. 

I've said a couple of times if he was 2014 I'd be all over him.  If I took him next year he should redshirt IMO.
Yeah if Adonis Dosent watch it he could b the next josh smith, and he isn't nearly as talented as him either, but agree with the disparity of the top of the A-10 is very small from the top of the major schools this year. However all the talk of him being a mid major jacker should stop now, the kid is good. You think that with talks of him increasing almost seals the deal with Jordan?

Don't think it seals deal with Jordan.
Just think staff took some heat for no backup options and now they might be feeling out the rest of the scene.

Perhaps some heat deserved. Always need a Plan B.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:22:37 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2013, 02:25:51 PM »
Last year we heard the same criticisms.  Then Lavin brought in another excellent class.  I don't know exactly what is going to happen, but I have the utmost confidence in Lavin's ability to bring in players.

paultzman

« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »
Last year we heard the same criticisms.  Then Lavin brought in another excellent class.  I don't know exactly what is going to happen, but I have the utmost confidence in Lavin's ability to bring in players.

Fair point.

Chilleb

« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »

There programs recently compared to there track record for eyeing talent is a big difference especially huggy. But Last time I checked West Virginia danced last year and arguably had the big east POY and tennesee finished tied for 2nd in the SEC with a first year head coach and has a potential lotto pick in stokes this year. What basketball are you watching? If there's anything funny its been our program in recent years aside from 2011, those two programs can dance circles around ours if we go by the past decade. Just stop while your ahead.

paultzman

« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2013, 09:19:02 PM »
Chilleb may have a point. Five assists as well.

“@CBarcaSTJ: Christ The King defeats Holy Cross 96-74 #CHSAA #BoysHoops”

“@CBarcaSTJ: Jon Severe finished with 37 points. #CHSAA #BoysHoops”
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:20:34 PM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2013, 09:24:01 PM »
We have one kid in our backcourt who can score and that is Harrison.  Anybody who tells me this kid Sever couldn't help us in the scoring department as well as be a hedge to Harrison leaving is not being honest.  We could use some extra backcourt scoring.  I have no idea what is going to happen with Jordan, but should we not land him, it seems Severe is more than worthy to take a flyer on.  Maybe one of those kids who ends up a lot better than many think.  If not, he can come off the bench to add scoring punch. 

paultzman

« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2013, 09:25:13 PM »
We have one kid in our backcourt who can score and that is Harrison.  Anybody who tells me this kid Sever couldn't help us in the scoring department as well as be a hedge to Harrison leaving is not being honest.  We could use some extra backcourt scoring.  I have no idea what is going to happen with Jordan, but should we not land him, it seems Severe is more than worthy to take a flyer on.  Maybe one of those kids who ends up a lot better than many think.  If not, he can come off the bench to add scoring punch. 

Alabama agrees with you. Me too!

“@CBarcaSTJ: I don't know if this is known, but Christ The King's Jon Severe just told me he will most likely be going on a visit to Alabama on Feb 16th”

« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2013, 09:33:15 PM »

There programs recently compared to there track record for eyeing talent is a big difference especially huggy. But Last time I checked West Virginia danced last year and arguably had the big east POY and tennesee finished tied for 2nd in the SEC with a first year head coach and has a potential lotto pick in stokes this year. What basketball are you watching? If there's anything funny its been our program in recent years aside from 2011, those two programs can dance circles around ours if we go by the past decade. Just stop while your ahead.

You can stop while your behind and lighten up I was half joking.

« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2013, 09:38:28 PM »

The laughing emoticons usually give it away.

Chilleb

« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2013, 09:47:23 PM »

You guys have been giving severe a hard time , I might have been a bit excessive in defending my boy. But back to the matter at hand 37 points tonight. Lets go severe!!

« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2013, 10:14:56 PM »

You guys have been giving severe a hard time , I might have been a bit excessive in defending my boy. But back to the matter at hand 37 points tonight. Lets go severe!!

I accept your apology.

« Reply #233 on: February 01, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »
Frankly, I'm sold.  If we don't get Rysheed, I want Severe.

paultzman

« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2013, 08:19:01 AM »
"Christ the King guard Jon Severe, the top unsigned senior in the city, has seen his recruitment shoot up. Coaches from West Virginia, Tennessee and St. John’s spoke with the 6-foot-1 standout Thursday night. Fordham recently offered him a scholarship, SMU coach Larry Brown plans to come to the city next weekend to recruit Severe and Alabama head coach Anthony Grant has been to Queens to see him."

In NY POst Recruiting Confidential today.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:21:15 AM by paultzman »

TONYD3

« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2013, 10:29:13 PM »
Never seen the kid. If he can score we need him. Love the fact he is from NY

« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2013, 11:33:20 PM »
I'm on the bandwagon, if Rysheed doesn't come here I think Severe can help us

Marillac

« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2013, 11:43:42 PM »
This is the kind of kid that walks in and is averaging next to 20 ppg as a soph at a mid-major, and everyone wonders where he came from.  More than half of the top 100 are kids that are there because of potential.  This kid can score, but he'll be overlooked for some top 50 kid that can't dribble with his left han but is 6'6 and can dunk the ball between his legs on a fastbreak. 

« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2013, 12:20:45 AM »
This is the kind of kid that walks in and is averaging next to 20 ppg as a soph at a mid-major, and everyone wonders where he came from.  More than half of the top 100 are kids that are there because of potential.  This kid can score, but he'll be overlooked for some top 50 kid that can't dribble with his left han but is 6'6 and can dunk the ball between his legs on a fastbreak. 

Yup. +1
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »
Agree marillac.  We need another guard that can score period.  If we don't get Rysheed, sign this kid up.