Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies
Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #480 on: March 27, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
Man this kid would have a huge green light in New Ro

« Reply #481 on: March 28, 2013, 05:37:04 PM »
I don't follow recruiting like You guys. All I heard is he is the best player in NYC and he can shoot. He plays for the best team in the city. Why are we not recruiting him?  And why are we taking chances on Felix and Marco ? Makes no sense to me.

There were 6 rides available when they were recruiting Felix and Marco, there are 0 rides available now if Dlo comes back.

PIB

« Reply #482 on: March 31, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »
I have not, and still do not see what Marco brings to the table.

ras

« Reply #483 on: March 31, 2013, 11:58:02 AM »
Marco may have been a package deal w Sanchez. I too,however dont see Marcp contributing much next year w Hooper aboard.

kob24

« Reply #484 on: March 31, 2013, 12:14:25 PM »
guys we cant say what hooper is gonna do if we never seen him play

« Reply #485 on: April 01, 2013, 03:11:53 PM »
I have not, and still do not see what Marco brings to the table.
French cuisine?

« Reply #486 on: April 01, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
guys we cant say what hooper is gonna do if we never seen him play

What do you mean? He is the next great shooter for the program!  Everyone will sit for him!

« Reply #487 on: April 01, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »
Assume you're talking about the long time fans.  They sit for everybody.  ;)

jr49

« Reply #488 on: April 01, 2013, 09:29:17 PM »
Has had a huge green light. I never watch HS ball, but this is what I heard. Guys game is to hang and break, and build up his scoring stats. If true and ok with his coach thats fine. If true, and your looking him over, not so fine. Those who have seen him play, does he do it all, or part of it? 

paultzman

« Reply #489 on: April 02, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »
“@TheRecruitScoop: 2013 Christ the King (NY) SG Jon Severe is on the Seton Hall campus today.”

Was heading to visit Rutgers, but made a U turn. Kidding

« Reply #490 on: April 02, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »
Has had a huge green light. I never watch HS ball, but this is what I heard. Guys game is to hang and break, and build up his scoring stats. If true and ok with his coach thats fine. If true, and your looking him over, not so fine. Those who have seen him play, does he do it all, or part of it? 
The Green light that Severe had was no more or less than any kid who's the best player on his high school team has, and he did not abuse the privilege with bad shots. Omar Calhoun hunted his shot much more the year before and assimilated at the college level just fine. There's every reason to think Jon will do the same. Also, the notion that he's a basket hanger and doesn't play defense is ridiculous, he makes winning plays at both ends of the floor and while, like all freshman he'll need time for the game to slow down for him, he'll be very good no matter the level he plays at

Poison

« Reply #491 on: April 02, 2013, 08:13:29 PM »
The Green light that Severe had was no more or less than any kid who's the best player on his high school team has, and he did not abuse the privilege with bad shots. Omar Calhoun hunted his shot much more the year before and assimilated at the college level just fine. There's every reason to think Jon will do the same. Also, the notion that he's a basket hanger and doesn't play defense is ridiculous, he makes winning plays at both ends of the floor and while, like all freshman he'll need time for the game to slow down for him, he'll be very good no matter the level he plays at

The question remains, why are we not recruiting him?

« Reply #492 on: April 02, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »
All I hear are rave reviews about his shooting ability. What's our biggest weakness? Shooting ability. So it makes perfect sense to ignore him right? Mark my words he will be the next Calhoun to leave NYC then scorch us in a game. I hope fans can't recruit better than a head coach. I think Lavin has lost some trust after losing out on the can't miss NYC guys. He now needs to prove he can get pure shooters who can make shots outside of just practice.

« Reply #493 on: April 02, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »
All I hear are rave reviews about his shooting ability. What's our biggest weakness? Shooting ability. So it makes perfect sense to ignore him right? Mark my words he will be the next Calhoun to leave NYC then scorch us in a game. I hope fans can't recruit better than a head coach. I think Lavin has lost some trust after losing out on the can't miss NYC guys. He now needs to prove he can get pure shooters who can make shots outside of just practice.

Better yet, another Russ Smith type owning

« Reply #494 on: April 02, 2013, 10:13:06 PM »
The problem is we are chasing top tier talent with a losers pedigree
one and dones don't help programs they help coaches!

Move onto bigger and better
 :coolsmiley:

boo3

« Reply #495 on: April 04, 2013, 11:42:46 PM »

Joe,  he's not in top 100.  Make up your mind. You want it both ways.  You just enjoy complaining. 

« Reply #496 on: April 05, 2013, 12:20:12 AM »
First of all, he probably will be by the time he actually commits somewhere. He is definitely heating up like an NFL prospect that just had an impressive combine. Either way though, all I hear from every writer or just from people that saw him play is that he is the best shooter in NY. Remind me, what's our biggest need again?

« Reply #497 on: April 05, 2013, 12:38:53 AM »
First of all, he probably will be by the time he actually commits somewhere. He is definitely heating up like an NFL prospect that just had an impressive combine. Either way though, all I hear from every writer or just from people that saw him play is that he is the best shooter in NY. Remind me, what's our biggest need again?

I thought you wanted top 25, top 10?

« Reply #498 on: April 05, 2013, 10:28:26 AM »
We get Severe, he struggles for a few games as a freshman shooting the ball, and then certain clowns on hear complain about how we settle for mid-level recruits instead of going for top players. 

It is clear we are not interested in this kid.  That may be a mistake on the staff's part, but only time will tell.  Lots of people seem to have mixed feelings on him.  Only certain high majors have become interested recently, so it isn't like we are the only ones.  It may be that a few years down the line though this is one of those city kids we wished we had, especially with our shooting woes.  But if we land Jordan it becomes a moot point, no?

TONYD3

« Reply #499 on: April 06, 2013, 09:59:48 PM »
Would rather make a mistake on the best player from NY. From the best team in NY. Then some of the guys we have taken a chance on.