Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

desco80

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2012, 12:52:56 AM »
C'mon guys you know the spot to find the most accurate news first

Baldi and Lenn Robbins

Lenn Robbins has been pretty good.  Besides Moe, in late January he had a tweet that Sampson was leaning heavily towards St. Johns. 

Lenn even showed up to the bigeastboards party a few years back. Good job outta him

And promptly lied to everyone's face.

LOL about what?
Come on Baldi. You were there. He was trashing Norm. Remember when he was supposed to be writing the piece that was going to be very critical of Norm and then wrote that puff piece

Lenn hightailed out it of there right after Baldi, Marillac, Tha Kid, Carmine and Dave started doing body shots off one another. He would have said anything to get out of there.

Bro, last thing I remember was teabaggin wasju in the ladies room

If We Are SJU isn't like a 5'6 blonde with a tiny waste and huge bust... Then I just lost all respect for you Baldi. 
 Don't settle man!  You're better than that. 

« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2012, 08:31:29 AM »
Another reason Sanchez would be a great pickup for us is that he'll spread out the scholarship situation.  Over the next few years, the staff has to ensure that a situation like last season never happens again.

Moose

« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2012, 08:32:22 AM »
Another reason Sanchez would be a great pickup for us is that he'll spread out the scholarship situation.  Over the next few years, the staff has to ensure that a situation like last season never happens again.

No staff other than our last is that dumb.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »
Did he play tonight or is the 3rd place game tomorrow?

Don't think its 3rd place game. Consolation bracket is for like 5th place I thought.
Why, are the first 4 place finishers all considered champions? :) Losers bracket games can start immediately to determine  who finishes 1 through 16. Definitely games for 3rd 5th 7th.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:27:08 AM by Celtics11 »

MCNPA

« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2012, 09:38:13 AM »

No staff other than our last is that dumb.

Lol... Agreed.  Norm was panicking and thought that landing sheer volume of players would stop the bleeding. Lavin's approach is polar opposite.  Lavin doesn't reach on players and is much more careful with his ships.

« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2012, 09:51:50 AM »

If We Are SJU isn't like a 5'6 blonde with a tiny waste and huge bust...

WASJU saw where the night was heading and pulled a Cuban exit. I think Bluto was just fantasizing about me, but I think it was Dave he attempted to molest. In fairness if you watched the Iona choke job in the tourney you would see that Iona had the ugliest cheerleaders in the nation, so Dave was probably a big upgrade for Bluto. .
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:54:16 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »
why no seeming interest from pitino?

Moose

« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2012, 12:43:21 PM »

I think he has 24 guys on scholarship already for next year.

« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »

I don't know but I missed your congratulations post for SJU re-securing the commitment of JaKarr Sampson thus denying you the inevitable "Ed Cooley is the man" post under JaKarr's thread.

Marillac

« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »

I don't know but I missed your congratulations post for SJU re-securing the commitment of JaKarr Sampson thus denying you the inevitable "Ed Cooley is the man" post under JaKarr's thread.

Ha!  I think he is Ed Cooley. 

« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2012, 04:11:01 PM »
Sanchez is filled with potential

This was the second year in a row that we've been able to watch Orlando Sanchez play a pair of ballgames for Monroe College in Hutch. While his numbers remain about the same, it's easily evident that the product of the Dominican Republic has diversified what he can do.

Standing a legitimate 6-foot-8, Sanchez is a gifted athlete. He doesn't just ran fast and jump high though, he's got functional athleticism in that he can change directions, and is quick side to side. Not only that, he retains his athleticism while making basketball plays with the ball in his hands.

Last year, Sanchez was a transition finisher who also held things down on the glass. This year, he's much more diverse and has proven that he is a skillful ballhandler and passer who can also shoot the ball with some range. He played a lot on the wing over the summer with the Dominican national team and that experience allows him to be comfortable facing the basket.

Currently, St. John's and Providence are probably the two biggest factors in his recruitment. While Cincinnati, Kansas State, Pittsburgh, Oregon and several others have interest, the people helping him out would prefer that he stay closer to home to help ease the process of moving to Division I ball in a foreign country where he's just learning the language.

A four-star prospect, Sanchez will most likely begin his NCAA career playing the power forward. However, because of his skill and fluidity, he appears capable of making a legitimate transition out to the wing at some point down the road.

Finally, Sanchez isn't a prospect who yet fits into the category of sure thing. He has to get stronger and he has to use his tools to make a more consistent impact on the game from start to finish rather than floating in and out of the action.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1346684

« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2012, 05:52:20 PM »
From the one game I watched on the net this eval is spot on.

« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2012, 10:32:38 PM »

Baldi and Lenn Robbins

Lenn Robbins has been pretty good.  Besides Moe, in late January he had a tweet that Sampson was leaning heavily towards St. Johns. 

Lenn even showed up to the bigeastboards party a few years back. Good job outta him

LOL about what?
Come on Baldi. You were there. He was trashing Norm. Remember when he was supposed to be writing the piece that was going to be very critical of Norm and then wrote that puff piece

That's pretty funny actually!

Yeah in hindsight it is but at the time we were f'ing pissed.

Lenn was a totally phony and flat out liar. That's why his opinion in certain articles is worth nothing. He might break news sometimes but he's shown flat out what he writes isn't necessarily his opinion which to me makes him worth cr@p.

On a separate note that same party was a lot of fun. PMG arranged it. At the time redmen was closed and people were killing the site so I thought I was going to be walking into a hornets nest other than people who I was already friends with like PMG and some others.

Turned out to be a blast. Get everyone in a room and provide alcohol and the hatefest ends. lol..  And who's gonna fight when KOB shows up as an enforcer and you can hear Marillac/Turasi stories

Seriously though a lot of people there from BEB and the Jungle aside from the phony Robbins. Was a real fun night

« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2012, 12:40:57 AM »

Baldi and Lenn Robbins

LOL about what?

Lenn was a totally phony and flat out liar. That's why his opinion in certain articles is worth nothing. He might break news sometimes but he's shown flat out what he writes isn't necessarily his opinion which to me makes him worth cr@p.

On a separate note that same party was a lot of fun. PMG arranged it. At the time redmen was closed and people were killing the site so I thought I was going to be walking into a hornets nest other than people who I was already friends with like PMG and some others.

Turned out to be a blast. Get everyone in a room and provide alcohol and the hatefest ends. lol..  And who's gonna fight when KOB shows up as an enforcer and you can hear Marillac/Turasi stories

Seriously though a lot of people there from BEB and the Jungle aside from the phony Robbins. Was a real fun night

What did Robbins lie about? I might be the most ignorant bastard here

« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2012, 12:56:30 AM »

Baldi and Lenn Robbins

LOL about what?

Didn't you talk to him that night ? He talked to a lot of us there. I think Maven arranged for him to come. He was totally acting like he was a disgruntled fan and summarizing ( he thought Norm stunk etc ) he was asking us all for our opinions and stories and he was allegedly writing some big piece that was going to call Norm out and shed light on the horrible job he was doing.

What happens next as we eagerly await this article was the biggest puff and fluff piece I have ever seen completely opposite opinion wise from what he was saying himself.

From that day on a new he wasn't a real writer. He might break sccops but he's a phony

« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2012, 12:59:52 AM »

Baldi and Lenn Robbins

LOL about what?

Didn't you talk to him that night ? He talked to a lot of us there. I think Maven arranged for him to come. He was totally acting like he was a disgruntled fan and summarizing ( he thought Norm stunk etc ) he was asking us all for our opinions and stories and he was allegedly writing some big piece that was going to call Norm out and shed light on the horrible job he was doing.

What happens next as we eagerly await this article was the biggest puff and fluff piece I have ever seen completely opposite opinion wise from what he was saying himself.

From that day on a new he wasn't a real writer. He might break sccops but he's a phony

Ya I talked to him. He and Maven were hiding in the corner of the bar,both not big fans of Baldi if I remember correctly. I think I asked him if he was wearing a toupee,coversation ended there.

LJSA

« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2012, 01:51:05 AM »

Ha!  I think he is Ed Cooley. 

He also disappears whenever anyone calls him out on his bullshit.

paultzman

« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2012, 12:24:07 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Monroe College's Orlando Sanchez and Marco Bourgault will visit #stjbb in April, sources tell @SNYtv”

Moose

« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2012, 12:25:05 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Monroe College's Orlando Sanchez and Marco Bourgault will visit #stjbb in April, sources tell @SNYtv”

Post verbal?

mkras99

« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »

Doesn't like sound like a commitment is coming this week though hopefully Zags is missing that part of the story.