Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

paultzman

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #640 on: January 01, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »
Well!

“@nypostsports: EXCLUSIVE: St. John's could get JUCO transfer Orlando Sanchez cleared by NCAA soon http://t.co/IulrwD4O

« Reply #641 on: January 01, 2013, 03:42:26 PM »
Well!

“@nypostsports: EXCLUSIVE: St. John's could get JUCO transfer Orlando Sanchez cleared by NCAA soon http://t.co/IulrwD4O

please let there be truth to this rumor.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #642 on: January 01, 2013, 03:43:05 PM »
If he is declared eligible and there is no reason that he would have been ineligible for any games in his D1 career than even if he would have normally been eligible for one year the ncaa should give him a second year of eligibility for wasting half of this season. Do something good for the kids for once.

« Reply #643 on: January 01, 2013, 03:47:31 PM »
This is a bunch of BS. He could get 'cleared in a few weeks'.  Like when? at the end of the season?!  Geez.

Orlando certainly has a lot of patience.  I sure hope he is declared a Junior. 

Moose

« Reply #644 on: January 01, 2013, 03:53:41 PM »
This is a bunch of BS. He could get 'cleared in a few weeks'.  Like when? at the end of the season?!  Geez.

I think he is the only player this year still in limbo.  Therefore EVERYTHING else should be tabled until this is resolved.  Of course that might make too much sense for the NCAA.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #645 on: January 01, 2013, 03:53:53 PM »
Could they really declare him a senior that late? Doesn't seem fair.

« Reply #646 on: January 01, 2013, 05:10:02 PM »

Lenn Robbins said St Johns expects him back in 7-10 days on twitter.  Thats not so bad considering how long everyone in this situation has waited.

paultzman

« Reply #647 on: January 01, 2013, 05:11:54 PM »
“@LennRobbins: St. John's sent the NCAA more documentation on Monday outlining financial hardship”

« Reply #648 on: January 01, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »

Lenn Robbins said St Johns expects him back in 7-10 days on twitter.  Thats not so bad considering how long everyone in this situation has waited.

keep in mind thats the same time table lavin gave after the first exhibition game.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #649 on: January 01, 2013, 05:21:51 PM »

keep in mind thats the same time table lavin gave after the first exhibition game.

To be fair, Lavin was extremely cryptic when referring to Sanchez at the start of the season.  I am very excited for this news!  I hope they classify the poor kid as a junior. 

ras

« Reply #650 on: January 01, 2013, 05:22:20 PM »
Could they really declare him a senior that late? Doesn't seem fair.
Since when has fairness been an issue w the NCAA. If the NCAA was fair this would have already been resolved.

« Reply #651 on: January 01, 2013, 05:26:35 PM »

To be fair, Lavin was extremely cryptic when referring to Sanchez at the start of the season.  I am very excited for this news!  I hope they classify the poor kid as a junior.

It would be the right thing to do which means he will probably be declared a senior

Poison

« Reply #652 on: January 01, 2013, 06:26:14 PM »
Translation: Let's hold off on an announcement until we sell more season ticket plans.

Moose

« Reply #653 on: January 01, 2013, 06:38:55 PM »
Translation: Let's hold off on an announcement until we sell more season ticket plans.

Ha
Your conspiracy theories are close to rivaling Bobre
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #654 on: January 01, 2013, 06:42:10 PM »

You may be on to something. Just announced! Season tickets drive thru window now open 24/7.

crgreen

« Reply #655 on: January 01, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »

You may be on to something. Just announced! Season tickets drive thru window now open 24/7.

If, as the report says the problem really is ONLY his  age, and if "severe financial hardship" is a mitigator which would allow a waiver of the age restriction, doesn't sound like there would be any way he would NOT  have two years of eligibility remaining - there's neve been any question that he's only participated in 2 years of college athletics.   If the age restriction is waived, doubtful it would be for only 1 year.   Would be like that 47 year old truck driver (droppped out of high school to support his siblings when their parents died), went back at age 45 and got his high school degree, then enrolled in college (think it was San Jose State), then walked on as a linebacker on the football team.   I think if you GET the waiver, doesn't matter HOW old you are then.

Poison

« Reply #656 on: January 01, 2013, 07:11:01 PM »

If, as the report says the problem really is ONLY his  age, and if "severe financial hardship" is a mitigator which would allow a waiver of the age restriction, doesn't sound like there would be any way he would NOT  have two years of eligibility remaining - there's neve been any question that he's only participated in 2 years of college athletics.   If the age restriction is waived, doubtful it would be for only 1 year.   Would be like that 47 year old truck driver (droppped out of high school to support his siblings when their parents died), went back at age 45 and got his high school degree, then enrolled in college (think it was San Jose State), then walked on as a linebacker on the football team.   I think if you GET the waiver, doesn't matter HOW old you are then.

Maybe this is like Ferris Bueller, and Rooney asked to see a body?

MCNPA

« Reply #657 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »

Would be fantastic for both SJU and Orlando if he gets two years.  With two years, we are in REAL good shape no matter what scenario next year.  Whether we keep Jakarr, land Lawrence etc..  I hope for his sake and ours that he gets two years.  He's a very good player overall with fantastic passing ability for a guy his size. Savy player.  We have desperately missed a real PF and he's the tallest player on the team.  He'd help in every way.

Chilleb

« Reply #658 on: January 01, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »

Would be fantastic for both SJU and Orlando if he gets two years.  With two years, we are in REAL good shape no matter what scenario next year.  Whether we keep Jakarr, land Lawrence etc..  I hope for his sake and ours that he gets two years.  He's a very good player overall with fantastic passing ability for a guy his size. Savy player.  We have desperately missed a real PF and he's the tallest player on the team.  He'd help in every way.
If he gets two years where do those scholarships come from?

MCNPA

« Reply #659 on: January 01, 2013, 08:15:08 PM »

If he gets two years where do those scholarships come from?

All depends on what happens down the line with Harrison, Jakarr etc.  Hooper could walk-on.  Who knows?