Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

Poison

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #740 on: January 03, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
Lavin is in some deep sh*t if he doesn't get Sanchez on the court.

Why is he in deep s**t? It's not like this is a surprise. Makes Lawrence a absolutely must get.

He runs the show. He gets the credit when they win.

Lawrence is irrelevant. I don't give a crap. Aren't you getting tired of reading about recruits when most of them stink anyway, and the other half have some ridiculous eligibility issue?

Not a pessimistic as you right now, when you have to recruit a lot of players at once, it's part of the game. I also don't think our players stink!

Well, Harrison doesn't.

Depends what 'fans' you ask
What I don't understand why hold back the information on Sanchez, doesn't make much sense. What was to be gained?

I like a lot of our players but they are inexperienced as far as leadership goes, have to be patient not much choice.

There are some things which we might hate, but they are what they are. Like Harkless bolting to
sit on the Magic bench. But if they knew that Sanchez wasn't going to play, why sit Gift? I don't buy this bs about him not being needed. At least he's an adult. And if the staff isn't going to show an ounce of leadership, someone should.

Gift is serviceable. He's not great by any means, but we need him.
agree with you on Gift, we need a big now, next year will take care of itself, hopefully

It's always next year with this disgraceful program.

ras

« Reply #741 on: January 03, 2013, 08:00:39 PM »
This board is funny sometimes. People are freaking out and this thing is still ongoing. Call me when it's officially done.
I believe the Zags article. As far as Im concerned it is done and Sanchez will not wear a SJU uniform. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Mike

« Reply #742 on: January 03, 2013, 08:09:46 PM »
Lavin is in some deep sh*t if he doesn't get Sanchez on the court.

Why is he in deep s**t? It's not like this is a surprise. Makes Lawrence a absolutely must get.

He runs the show. He gets the credit when they win.

Lawrence is irrelevant. I don't give a crap. Aren't you getting tired of reading about recruits when most of them stink anyway, and the other half have some ridiculous eligibility issue?

Not a pessimistic as you right now, when you have to recruit a lot of players at once, it's part of the game. I also don't think our players stink!

Well, Harrison doesn't.

Depends what 'fans' you ask
What I don't understand why hold back the information on Sanchez, doesn't make much sense. What was to be gained?

I like a lot of our players but they are inexperienced as far as leadership goes, have to be patient not much choice.

There are some things which we might hate, but they are what they are. Like Harkless bolting to
sit on the Magic bench. But if they knew that Sanchez wasn't going to play, why sit Gift? I don't buy this bs about him not being needed. At least he's an adult. And if the staff isn't going to show an ounce of leadership, someone should.

Gift is serviceable. He's not great by any means, but we need him.
agree with you on Gift, we need a big now, next year will take care of itself, hopefully

It's always next year with this disgraceful program.

Then why don't you follow some other team.

desco80

« Reply #743 on: January 03, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »
This does not surprise me one bit. 

The one thing that annoys me however, is if the staff knew in the fall that they'd only get one year from Sanchez, and then realized probably none at all.... why the f&ck are we still not recruiting any big men? 
Freshmen, JUCOs, transfers .. I don't care.    2013, 2014.. whenever.   Just somebody, eventually, who is over 6'9 and not rail thin.   

And don't say it's because they knew they could save Gift for next year.  God's Gift is less of a rebounder than Sampson, Obekpa, or Garrett.  That's a fact if you look at their rebounding numbers.    I don't know why everyone presumes he could help right now.   

ras

« Reply #744 on: January 03, 2013, 09:30:05 PM »
Ive asked myself the same question. Even Pelle was rail thin. We need a 6 9 + big with some brawn and rebounding skills. Doesnt have to be a 4 star.Ill take a 3 star or JC. Even if he doesnt start,there are times we need somebody like that just to nuetrilize an opponent.

« Reply #745 on: January 03, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »
Like Choz says the coverup is worse then the crime. Lavin , in Nov, made it sound like it was a classification problem.IMO . he should have been more forthright w us then .  RE. Gift I think Lavin should not have redshirted him , but at this point might as well wait till next year.

Oh I was just bein all sarcastic and such.

Think y'all is makin mountains over molehills.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #746 on: January 03, 2013, 09:40:15 PM »
Like Choz says the coverup is worse then the crime. Lavin , in Nov, made it sound like it was a classification problem.IMO . he should have been more forthright w us then .  RE. Gift I think Lavin should not have redshirted him , but at this point might as well wait till next year.

Oh I was just bein all sarcastic and such.

Think y'all is makin mountains over molehills.

Maybe Lavin was figuring this wasnt going to be the year we take that huge step? Gift with another year under his belt could pay huge dividends next season when we make that push

« Reply #747 on: January 05, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
Orlandito Mates (Facebook)
Segun esto en algunos dias ya me podran ver en action con Dios por delante voy a regresar a lo que mas me gusta hacer
Translation: According to this (NYPOST Article) in a few day you'll be able to see me in action.  With God leading, I'll be doing what I love most.

Orlandito Mates: ellos dicen que en esta semana ya
Translation:  They're saying this is the week.

« Reply #748 on: January 05, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
hopefully Orlando is not in the dark with his own situation.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

ras

« Reply #749 on: January 05, 2013, 03:00:05 PM »
I hope he isnt basing his enthuisiam on the Post article.

paultzman

« Reply #750 on: January 05, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
I hope he isnt basing his enthuisiam on the Post article.

Or feeling too confident about feedback from folks at SJU who fed Lenn the material.

I obviously hope I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:03:52 PM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #751 on: January 05, 2013, 03:52:50 PM »
Pretty sure Orlando isn't waiting for his morning paper to figure out his future.  Sounds like this saga isn't over.  Lenn Robbins vs Zags.  Hope Lenn wins this one and same for Orlando.

gman

« Reply #752 on: January 05, 2013, 07:01:01 PM »
Pretty sure Orlando isn't waiting for his morning paper to figure out his future.  Sounds like this saga isn't over.  Lenn Robbins vs Zags.  Hope Lenn wins this one and same for Orlando.

Let's hope so. I gave up hope on good news about him.

SJU79

« Reply #753 on: January 06, 2013, 12:47:32 PM »
ZERO confidence in who told me this but the rumor floating around is he will be signing a contract to play professionally abroad in the next 10 days if he is not cleared by then. I have no idea how he could broker such a deal wothout an agent which would make him ineligable anyway but after reading that face book post im just throwing it out  there.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:48:53 PM by SJU79 »

« Reply #754 on: January 06, 2013, 12:54:16 PM »
ZERO confidence in who told me this but the rumor floating around is he will be signing a contract to play professionally abroad in the next 10 days if he is not cleared by then. I have no idea how he could broker such a deal wothout an agent which would make him ineligable anyway but after reading that face book post im just throwing it out  there.

I feel really bad for this kid. NCAA is disgusting. And it's not even because I'm a SJU fan, it's because this kid has been through enough and deserves to play college ball if he wants to.

gman

« Reply #755 on: January 06, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »

My guess is that is around the time he would have to withdraw from classes.  Normally a week or so into the semester. 

« Reply #756 on: January 06, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »
Facebook

Orlandito Mates:
Listo para regresar al deporte que mas me gusta mi gente.
Translation:  ready to return to the sport I love the most, my people.

Friend:  cuando tienes juego Orlando?
Translation:  when do you have a game Orlando?

Orlando:  si me aceptan el miercoles por espn
Translatio :  if I'm cleared Wednesday on espn

Poison

« Reply #757 on: January 06, 2013, 08:35:43 PM »
Facebook

Orlandito Mates:

It seems very clear to me. Does the NCAA have compassion?

« Reply #758 on: January 06, 2013, 09:01:55 PM »
Facebook

Orlandito Mates:

It seems very clear to me. Does the NCAA have compassion?

Seems like he's expecting a decision very soon

« Reply #759 on: January 07, 2013, 03:42:48 AM »

My guess is that is around the time he would have to withdraw from classes.  Normally a week or so into the semester. 

The last day to drop a class is February 12th.  The semester doesn't start until January 23rd.