Get Well crgreen - Prayers to crgreen

• 201 replies
Re: Get Well crgreen - Prayers to crgreen
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2013, 11:05:43 AM »
I, too, am saddened by the news of CR's passing.  One of the additional benefits of the Lavin hire is that we had the pleasure of getting to know CR on these boards.

RedVet

« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »
Shocked and saddened to hear the news. His love of St. John's, his enthusiasm, and his knowledge of college basketball endeared him to us; and his courage in fighting overwhelming odds in his battle with cancer touched our hearts and won our admiration. Especially sad that he never got to make it to Garden and that we never got to meet him. The world's a sadder place without CR. Rest in peace -- the peace that you deserve.   

derk

« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »
We will meet again my brother on a shore most sunny.

Interesting to see that you chose CR's passing as the time for your first post. I've noticed that many of the messages are from infrequent posters. CR had a lot more fans then even he knew.

Pete88

« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2013, 03:20:13 PM »
Extremely saddened by this news.  Rest In Peace crgreene.  We were blessed with your presence. 

desco80

« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2013, 06:12:47 PM »

Interesting to see that you chose CR's passing as the time for your first post. I've noticed that many of the messages are from infrequent posters. CR had a lot more fans then even he knew.

Nah, I think he's posted before Derk.  Just under a different name

« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »

Nah, I think he's posted before Derk.  Just under a different name

+1
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2013, 12:05:21 AM »
Cr saw what we thought was impossible.  I remember the first days when we thought all was lost.  He reset expectations and this is the year we run.  Feel horrible he will miss it but he will be watching above.

« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2013, 12:31:14 AM »
It is a sad, sad day in the Jungle indeed.  So sorry to hear of the passing of our dear brother crgreen.  We will never forget your warmth, wit, wisdom...and positively encyclopedic knowledge of everything Bruin.

We'll miss you.

CA

« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2013, 09:27:01 AM »
Very Sad! Hopefully up there coach Wooden has open practices for crgreen to look in on.
RIP

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2013, 10:39:08 AM »
I remember him talking what a blessing it was to see another new year and being thankful for it....He was humble and defiant at the same time about his situation. My condolances to his family and friends during this difficult time.  RIP  crgreen.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2013, 10:49:23 AM »
Shocked and saddened to hear the news. His love of St. John's, his enthusiasm, and his knowledge of college basketball endeared him to us; and his courage in fighting overwhelming odds in his battle with cancer touched our hearts and won our admiration. Especially sad that he never got to make it to Garden and that we never got to meet him. The world's a sadder place without CR. Rest in peace -- the peace that you deserve.   
Amen.  It was a privilege to have him here.  God bless our brother CR.

« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2013, 02:03:16 PM »
may god bless you....cr became a mainstay here and i am sure in his life

« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »
a true gentleman, added class to this Board. CR you made a difference in our lives as SJU fanatics, bless you.

« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2013, 11:02:42 PM »
Very touched and sadden by the news of CR's passing

« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2013, 11:12:33 PM »
 I always enjoyed reading his opinions. My condolences to anyone who knew him personally. May he rest in peace.

« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2013, 10:42:01 AM »
cr was always positive...hope he stays in our hearts...rest in peace

« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2013, 09:22:12 PM »
Godspeed to cr.  cr showed me what a true statistician and historian of a beloved team (and coaches) could be.  I will miss his anecdotes immensely. RIP cr.

« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2013, 09:26:22 PM »
Saddened by the news..CR was a very interesting and positive  read

« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2013, 12:18:51 AM »
I can't describe how much the passing of someone I never met has hurt me so much. CR was a great basketball mind, a great contributor to this board and I will miss him every time I come on. It's going to be hard to go through this season without him. As I fight back my tears I just want to say Rest in Peace buddy, enjoy those pearly gates. We will meet again.

RIP

« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2013, 06:54:49 AM »
RIP CR!  You were my favorite poster on this board.  I can see you smiling down at us now with the (potential) Whitehead news saying "See.  I told you to trust Lavin!"