When should Lavin come back?

• 64 replies
Re: When should Lavin come back?
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28:58 AM »
I predict the last home game of the season. During a timeout after our third straight shot clock violation Gene Keady will suddenly hit Dunlap over the head with a chair. He will than rip off his face/mask to reveal that it is Steve Lavin and he was there all along.

This made me laugh
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 01:19:31 PM »
I predict the last home game of the season. During a timeout after our third straight shot clock violation Gene Keady will suddenly hit Dunlap over the head with a chair. He will than rip off his face/mask to reveal that it is Steve Lavin and he was there all along.

This made me laugh

Well making one person laugh is a start

;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 01:34:23 PM »

You don't fall in to my target audience. I am a big hit with heterosexual males who like big knockers, Tarantino movies, beer, 80's music and TV shows, old school rap, Springsteen, Elmore Leonard, Larry Wright's jumper and Meagan Fox. If you do not like those things you are probably not a fan.

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 01:36:07 PM »
My gut tells me that Lavin will re-charge for the remainder of the season as he is doing.  He'll be back with guns blazing next year.

If he were to get back to the bench this year, which is unlikely, I'd predict our home game against ND on Feb 25th.  Lavin would coach out the next couple of regular season games, the BE tourney, and post-season tourney.  Why ND prediction?  Feb 18th we've got UCLA, a rock fight that I think Lavin would love to be a part of but might blow him out emotionally and physically.  To avoid later talk about avoiding a UCLA clash, he'll have Dunlap coach the subsequent game againt DePaul.  Dunlap goes out a winner against DePaul.  Then, as I said, with Lavin on with the final two regular season games, then to the BE tourney and post-season (where we do some serious damage).

I think there would be some positive continuity going into next year if Lavin were to get back to the bench and would reassure recruits signing on the dotted line which begins April 11th.

Moose

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »

You don't fall in to my target audience. I am a big hit with heterosexual males who like big knockers, Tarantino movies, beer, 80's music and TV shows, old school rap, Springsteen, Elmore Leonard, Larry Wright's jumper and Meagan Fox. If you do not like those things you are probably not a fan.

I hope that the heterosexual comment wasn't an casual remark on my sexuality.  For the record I'm a fan of big knockers.  Not Tarantino movies.  Gave up beer for hard liquor.  Don't watch many tv shows (mostly HBO), old school rap is the shiznit, Bruce is the man, no clue who Elmore Leonard is, Larry Wright sucked, and its Megan Fox not Meagan Fox

:)

Moose

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »
I will change my UCLA prediction to Cincy.

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 01:45:21 PM »
I hope that the heterosexual comment wasn't an casual remark on my sexuality.  For the record I'm a fan of big knockers.  Not Tarantino movies.  Gave up beer for hard liquor.  Don't watch many tv shows (mostly HBO), old school rap is the shiznit, Bruce is the man, no clue who Elmore Leonard is, Larry Wright sucked, and its Megan Fox not Meagan Fox

I could care less if you are into farm animals. All in jest my man! As is most things I post except our offense sucking, Harrison's shooting form, Greene being the worst shooter in SJU history, Larry Wright being great and MEGAN Fox being hot. Since you accused me of ripping off MJ's posting style you obviously just don't get me. ;)

Elmore Leonard is a writer. I also enjoy Larry McMurtry, Vince Flynn, George Martin and Stephen King
Pete Dexter as well.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:54:29 PM by we are sju »

Moose

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »

I could care less if you are into farm animals. All in jest my man! As is most things I post except our offense sucking, Harrison's shooting form, Greene being the worst shooter in SJU history, Larry Wright being great and MEGAN Fox being hot. Since you accused me of ripping off MJ's posting style you obviously just don't get me. ;)

Elmore Leonard is a writer. I also enjoy Larry McMurtry, Vince Flynn, George Martin and Stephen King

Well the offense does suck, Harrison is a god when it comes to shooting, Greene isn't THAT bad, and even Maher has his bad days when he tries too hard :)
Also I heard of Stephen King.  None of the others.

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 02:00:55 PM »
Well the offense does suck, Harrison is a god when it comes to shooting, Greene isn't THAT bad, and even Maher has his bad days when he tries too hard
Also I heard of Stephen King.  None of the others.

Greene is shooting 29%. In the past 10 years the only player who shot nearly as bad getting more than 10 minutes a game is Malik Boothe as a junior. HE SHOT 31%

McMurty wrote Lonesome Dove which is the greatest Western of all time. He also wrote the Last Picture Show.
Flynn writes  stuff similar to Bourne Identity except much better.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:18:29 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »

and even Maher has his bad days when he tries too hard :)

Fortunately for me those days are few and far between :)

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »
You guys are all wrong. Steve Lavin already returned! That was Thursday, Nov 17, 2011. In an effort to recruit a class for 2012 after the 2011 class disaster he decided to serve as the GM and focus solely on recruiting. Don't be fooled about the "stamina" issue. Sure, his coaching DNA tells him to pace the sidelines at a Mike Rice level but rather than emulate his idol the late John Wooden and sit on the bench with a rolled up program and direct his team like a tenured professor, he chose to jump and run up and down the sidelines for a few games and needed geritol extra strenght after every game.
The good news is many colleges have a new-found respect for coach Mike Dunlap and he will likely get a head D1 coaching job in the west after this season. To fill the void, Lavin will hire Slice, who is itching to get back to recruiting and coaching. Lavin will sign another great class for 2012, lay the foundation for a title run in 2014 and coach Keady can finally retire for good.  By 2015 St. John's will be the premier team in the "new" Big East, will be top 10 in every poll and will sell out every game they play in the Garden, Brooklyn, and CA.

I hope this "inside" info helps.

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 02:46:22 PM »
and even Maher has his bad days when he tries too hard

Fortunately for me those days are few and far between

I think this is the first time I have been accused of trying too hard at anything.
In fact I typed this while listening to Francessa and pretending to look at a report with a lot of numbers that I am only half sure of their actual meaning.

boo3

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 02:54:56 PM »
 "Elmore Leonard is a writer. I also enjoy Larry McMurtry, Vince Flynn, George Martin and Stephen King"

Started Game of Thrones ( George Martin) a week or so ago. Pretty great so far.

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 03:08:27 PM »

First three were excellent.
Fourth one he lost his way a little IMO. 

DFF6

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »

First three were excellent.
Fourth one he lost his way a little IMO.

Agree with WASJU, although I think he meant the first 4 books were excellent (A game of thrones; A clash of kings; A storm of swords; and A feast for crows).  The fifth book, A Dance with Dragons, not so great, although you need to read it if you've gotten that far in the story arch.  Also, make sure you set aside 6 months of your life to read these books, as they are freaking long. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:36:06 PM by DFF6 »

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 03:38:06 PM »
Agree with WASJU, although I think he meant the first 4 books were excellent (A game of thrones; A clash of kings; A storm of swords; and A feast for crows).  The fifth book, A Dance with Dragons, not so great, although you need to read it if you've gotten that far in the story arch.  Also, make sure you set aside 6 months of your life to read these books, as they are freaking long. 

Just finished Feast for Crows. Was ok but my least favorite so far. Added too many new characters IMO.

DFF6

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »

Just finished Feast for Crows. Was ok but my least favorite so far. Added too many new characters IMO.

Sorry for being presumptuous over your previous post regarding the books.  If you didn't like Feast for Crows, you will be even more disappointed over Dance with Dragons, IMO.  Think Tolkien's The Two Towers, but moving the storyline even slower.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:50:14 PM by DFF6 »

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 03:58:45 PM »

And you have a beer belly, and liny89 says he can take you while wearing a schmedium shirt   :2funny:

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »
Lavin should come back when he gets some commitments

DFF6

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »