@STJCoachLavin

• 576 replies
Re: @STJCoachLavin
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2012, 11:42:32 AM »
Aaron Spears had 14 pts.

boo3

« Reply #281 on: March 13, 2012, 05:48:43 PM »
 Brandon Tierney interview Lavin on his radio show in San Fran.  Seeing if i can get BT to hook up a link after the fact.

Danny Hurley being considered for the URI job,  as per a Seth Davis tweet.

« Reply #282 on: March 22, 2012, 06:59:22 PM »
Steve Lavin ‏ @STJCoachLavin
Johnnies recruiting momentum continues to surge. An outstanding 2012 class taking shape. Hammer to rock! #STJbb

Sanchez and Bourgault ready to verbal after their season is done?

« Reply #283 on: March 22, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »
Great clip but do you see the scroll on the bottom go by showing SJU losing to Duke 70 - 57, pretty funny

I'm sure you're the guy who notices the dog driving the car in this photo too. Sheesh! How is St. John's losing funny?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #284 on: March 22, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
Johnnies recruiting momentum continues to surge. An outstanding 2012 class taking shape. Hammer to rock! #STJbb

Gets you excited right?

I love how Coach always reminds his twitter followers that he cannot use specific names when he talks recruiting.

crgreen

« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »

Gets you excited right?

I love how Coach always reminds his twitter followers that he cannot use specific names when he talks recruiting.

Not sure where to post this.   The mod at UCLA's Scout site just posted that if Kevin O'neill is fired at Southern Cal, that Lav's has been rumored to be "actively campaiging" for the job for "some time".   He DID note in the post that it was a rumor. 

Don't personally buy it for a nano-second.

Should also note that the mods there are a minor reason for the poison atmosphere that contributed to Lavin leaving UCLA.   While he was coach, I believe Lavs  cut the site off from staff access due to the sites negativity and it spiralled from there for the final 3 years or so.

« Reply #286 on: March 22, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »

Gets you excited right?

Not sure where to post this.   The mod at UCLA's Scout site just posted that if Kevin O'neill is fired at Southern Cal, that Lav's has been rumored to be "actively campaiging" for the job for "some time".   He DID note in the post that it was a rumor. 

Should also note that the mods there are a minor reason for the poison atmosphere that contributed to Lavin leaving UCLA.   While he was coach, I believe Lavs  cut the site off from staff access due to the sites negativity and it spiralled from there for the final 3 years or so.

Not that I would know but I dont by that for a minute. He has actively said that he is here at STJ. These rumors always seem to be speculations due to his connections in LA & his wife

MCNPA

« Reply #287 on: March 22, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »
Lavin could have had that USC job for years.  I'm not buying it at all.  I think it's negative recruiting and nothing more.  PAC-10 ball is nowhere near Big East ball.  I don't beleve it at all. 

MCNPA

« Reply #288 on: March 22, 2012, 09:33:57 PM »

Gets you excited right?

I will say CR, that for a fan site of a legendary basketball program, it is one of the most amateur websites I've seen in a while.  Certainly nowhere near the level of Johnny jungle nor Redmen.com

« Reply #289 on: March 22, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »

Gets you excited right?

I will say CR, that for a fan site of a legendary basketball program, it is one of the most amateur websites I've seen in a while.  Certainly nowhere near the level of Johnny jungle nor Redmen.com

None of the other teams boards are on this level  :)

« Reply #290 on: March 22, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »

Gets you excited right?

Lavin denied it a few weeks ago in an article that was talking about all he has had to deal with ( all different rumors ) and he listed a bunch of the rumors and he mentioned USC and he said none of them were true.

There is 0 chance that he would have mentioned that if it was even a remote possibility. And top off all these tweets from him now about our team and recruiting etc.

I have a better chance of winning mega millions this week than a chance of worrying about Lavin going to USC

Next season can't get here soon enough I'm so excited to have Lavin back on the sidelines

« Reply #291 on: March 22, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
The USC rumor is old.  Expect that one to be peddled for the next 12 months as the death watch for Kevin O'Neill begins.

He loves SJU, Coach will be here for a long time.  Rumors are rumors though, that one is obvious with Lavin's ties to LA and the PAC 10 so it is what it is.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:11:12 PM by fordham96 »

MCNPA

« Reply #292 on: March 22, 2012, 09:56:12 PM »
The USC rumor is old.  Expect that one to be peddled for the ext 12 months as the death watch for Kevin O'Neill begins.

He loves SJU, Coach will be here for a log time.  Rumors are rumors though, that one is obvious with Lavin's ties to LA and the PAC 10 so it is what it is.

Well said.  SJU is a great gig for Lavs and his wife.  Live in Soho, good pay and supportive administration.  Fertile recruiting ground and legendary arena.  I've said it for a long time.  This is a fantastic job for the right person.  I think Lavin is that guy.  We have history and a ton else to offer.  If his recruiting in only two seasons isn't enough of an example that this isn't a supremely difficult place to draw talent to, then I don't know what is. 

« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »

Gets you excited right?

O'Neill already received an endorsement from the AD and that team will be good next year kind of like how St. John's was good last year. As for the interest it was other way around but this all happened back in December. It's dead now.

crgreen

« Reply #294 on: March 22, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »

SC just had 3 transfers and a medical retirement announced, restarting the O'Neil firing speculation.

Gets you excited right?

O'Neill already received an endorsement from the AD and that team will be good next year kind of like how St. John's was good last year. As for the interest it was other way around but this all happened back in December. It's dead now.

« Reply #295 on: March 22, 2012, 10:11:26 PM »
Dave -- so you heard that USC sent feelers out to gauge Lav's interest back in December?

« Reply #296 on: March 22, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »

Gets you excited right?

I am not sure how good they will be.  Do you know how bad you have to be to finish last in the PAC 10.  Plus he has no impact recruits coming in.  And expect UCLA and Arizona to be back on top next year.

O'Neill's problems are not just performance mind you.  He completely embarassed himself with that drunken incident in a hotel last year that nearly got him fired.

« Reply #297 on: March 22, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »
Wow, Baldi said this months ago. Fck, hope this isnt the 40% of the time Im right

« Reply #298 on: March 22, 2012, 10:26:31 PM »
Dave -- so you heard that USC sent feelers out to gauge Lav's interest back in December?

No thats not what I heard nor what I said. They were interested in him as I'm sure they were interested in dozen of candidates. Not newsworthy.

boo3

« Reply #299 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:56 PM »
Wow, Baldi said this months ago. Fck, hope this isnt the 40% of the time Im right

40% is a bit generous