Syracuse - Game Thread

• 260 replies

Moose

Re: Syracuse - Game Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 04, 2012, 04:51:06 PM »
Need guys like Dingle and Bernardi on this team

No we don't.  Maybe Bernardi.  But he wanted minutes and no guarantee of them here.  Plus he has some issues with speed at his height.

We are focusing on the rebounding with our targets.  13 is when we will get a pure shooter.  Maybe the JUCO kid can give us some moments.  We have a very good shooter in Harrison.  We just need some reinforcements.

I was talking about a fan standpoint. I think people want to root for kids from their neighborhood, from schools they went to. Giving 2 schollys to guys like this wont hurt you

Again couldn't disagree more.  The people who know Bernardi and Dingle already go to games.  Win, thats it.  They can field a team from New Mexico it won't matter.

Completely disagree. Im talking about the people who dont know either player, but are familiar with where they came from. Casual fan doesnt gve a rats arse about Sir Dominic or Gods Gift

If there was ever an 'out there' logic, you have managed to perfect it.

Fans root for a local team or college they went to.  Not because the players are from the local area.

You cannot force a kid to go somewhere.  I talked to Bernardi's parents.  He did not want to come to STJ.  Have you talked to Dingle or his family?

Why would I talk to their parents? I played with Dana Dingle though, at Carnesseca's camp. Why didnt Bernardi want to go to St Johns?

He wanted to play.  He wanted a chance at starting.  He didn't want to be the 12th or 13th scholarship player.  If he loved NYC so much he had chance to go to Hofstra or Fordham.  Kids want to go away.

That's great you played with Dana Dingle!  I'm sure you got the best of him too.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #181 on: February 04, 2012, 04:54:42 PM »

No we don't.  Maybe Bernardi.  But he wanted minutes and no guarantee of them here.  Plus he has some issues with speed at his height.

We are focusing on the rebounding with our targets.  13 is when we will get a pure shooter.  Maybe the JUCO kid can give us some moments.  We have a very good shooter in Harrison.  We just need some reinforcements.

I was talking about a fan standpoint. I think people want to root for kids from their neighborhood, from schools they went to. Giving 2 schollys to guys like this wont hurt you

Again couldn't disagree more.  The people who know Bernardi and Dingle already go to games.  Win, thats it.  They can field a team from New Mexico it won't matter.

Completely disagree. Im talking about the people who dont know either player, but are familiar with where they came from. Casual fan doesnt gve a rats arse about Sir Dominic or Gods Gift

Fans root for a local team or college they went to.  Not because the players are from the local area.

You cannot force a kid to go somewhere.  I talked to Bernardi's parents.  He did not want to come to STJ.  Have you talked to Dingle or his family?

Why would I talk to their parents? I played with Dana Dingle though, at Carnesseca's camp. Why didnt Bernardi want to go to St Johns?

He wanted to play.  He wanted a chance at starting.  He didn't want to be the 12th or 13th scholarship player.  If he loved NYC so much he had chance to go to Hofstra or Fordham.  Kids want to go away.

That's great you played with Dana Dingle!  I'm sure you got the best of him too.

12th or 13th? Where are the other 6 scholly players? Dana was good in HS, threw an oop off the backboard to him on those awful outside courts at that camp

Moose

« Reply #182 on: February 04, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »

12th or 13th? Where are the other 6 scholly players? Dana was good in HS, threw an oop off the backboard to him on those awful outside courts at that camp

Lets build a fence around NYC metro area and not let kids get away.  Because god forbid a kid wants to go away to school.

« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »

Lets build a fence around NYC metro area and not let kids get away.  Because god forbid a kid wants to go away to school.

Not at all, but a few would be nice. Especially since we have 7 players and none signed. I mean, why is Hicks here?

Moose

« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2012, 05:05:01 PM »

Not at all, but a few would be nice. Especially since we have 7 players and none signed. I mean, why is Hicks here?

To piss you off.

« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »

To piss you off.

LOL, well give him a raise than

boo3

« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »
 I'm all for keeping quality local players here.  I'm not in favor of keeping locals here just because they are local.

Lavin's made it a point to say he recruiting nationally.

Maybe the local, NY talent just isn't that good anymore?

« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2012, 05:12:38 PM »
I'm all for keeping quality local players here.  I'm not in favor of keeping locals here just because they are local.

You dont have to hit a grandslam with every scholarship.

« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2012, 05:18:44 PM »

Bingo (to boo and Moose)!  I'm also not in favor of keeping locals for the sake of.  He also isn't trying to hit a grandslam with every scholarship.   
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:19:49 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2012, 05:20:38 PM »

Bingo (to boo and Moose)!  I'm also not in favor of keeping locals for the sake of.  He also isn't trying to hit a grandslam with every scholarship.   

Well then he should have a few kids signed already no? We need bodies, not guys that "might" come
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:21:11 PM by Marco Baldi »

paultzman

« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2012, 05:21:27 PM »
Baldi once again playing you guys like a maestro.

« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2012, 05:22:40 PM »

Well then he should have a few kids signed already no? We need bodies, not guys that "might" come

Why should he have a few kids signed already?  You're starting your baseless foolishness again.  Just can't help yourself, huh? 

« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2012, 05:24:11 PM »

He's not playing me or anyone else.  He's actually being played, if you wanna be honest.  I can play his silly game and set him up, but I try to keep things to certain level on here.

« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2012, 05:24:44 PM »

Why should he have a few kids signed already?  You're starting your baseless foolishness again.  Just can't help yourself, huh? 

Um, because we need players? To play devils advocate, what happens if Gathers,Sampson and Obekpa dont come?

« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »

He's not playing me or anyone else.  He's actually being played, if you wanna be honest.  I can play his silly game and set him up, but I try to keep things to certain level on here.

What have I said thats off base?

« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2012, 05:26:13 PM »

Is that what he is playing with?

« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2012, 05:26:33 PM »

Um, because we need players? To play devils advocate, what happens if Gathers,Sampson and Obekpa dont come?

How do you know he isn't recruiting others players besides those particular kids?  So, shall he sign other kids for the sake of?

« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2012, 05:27:21 PM »

Is that what he is playing with?

You guys give me too much credit.

« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2012, 05:27:42 PM »

What have I said thats off base?

We'll be here for awhile, if I went there.  Go take the kiddies out to play hoops.  Make yourself useful for the remainder of the day.

« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2012, 05:28:50 PM »

How do you know he isn't recruiting others players besides those particular kids?  So, shall he sign other kids for the sake of?

MJ, how many schollys do we have 5,6?  We need a shooter off the bench, thats Bernardi or Calhoun