Lavin on Adam and the Bull Radio in Cleveland

• 8 replies

Moose

Lavin on Adam and the Bull Radio in Cleveland
« on: February 08, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »
Adam the Bull was a recent WFAN host but now works in the Cleveland.  Lav joined him on 2/3 (mind you its before Gathers to Baylor)

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/02/03/st-johns-head-coach-steve-lavin-joins-bull-fox/
Remember who broke the Slice news

dR3w

Re: Lavin on Adam and the Bull Radio in Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:08:40 PM »
Top 10 or even Top 5 class?  I hope he knows something that we don't know, because that looks almost impossible to me at this point to me.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »
Top 10 or even Top 5 class?  I hope he knows something that we don't know, because that looks almost impossible to me at this point to me.

Well he does know more than us. He is probably recruiting guys that haven't even popped up on here yet. But I agree with you that that does seem unlikely.

dR3w

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
Well he does know more than us. He is probably recruiting guys that haven't even popped up on here yet. But I agree with you that that does seem unlikely.

In order to be a top 5 or top 10 class he has to get players in the top 100 or so.  So most of those are known at this point, and most of them are signed at this point.  But I still have hope.

Moose

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 12:27:42 PM »
Again this was before Gathers.  I think with Gathers in the fold Top 5 could have been possible.  However now with him out Top 10 would have to be the ultimate goal.  Unless of course Lavin has something up his sleeve that we don't know about.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 12:42:51 PM »
not getting ahead of my self here, but would have to believe that if lavin were to get the three players most talked about in Sampson/opekba/and sheperd, all top 50 players, then that would be a top 10 class. Branch would just make it better.

Gotta believe right?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 12:44:31 PM »
not getting ahead of my self here, but would have to believe that if lavin were to get the three players most talked about in Sampson/opekba/and sheperd, all top 50 players, then that would be a top 10 class. Branch would just make it better.

Gotta believe right?

Some services probably won't count Jakarr because he is a 5th year player.

Also I'm pretty sure all of them won't count Branch.

jayro

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »
Doesn't matter to me if they count Sampson and Branch or not.  If we in fact land Sampson we get top a flight forward and top flight PG from Sampson and Branch-doesn't matter how they're classified by the "rating services"-the reality would be they are top 50 quality players-and players that would fill needs for the team-yes Greene is looking very good but having more than one PG is essential in MHO.  Also getting a PF in Sampson fills another need.  If we add Obekpa it would be great, and I personally would really like us to add Winston Sheppard.  The services could rate us out of the top 50 classes but if we land the above players we will be in great shape.
I can see us running Greene/Branch/Harrison with two bigs at times-but I'm getting ahead of myself-we haven't landed anyone but Branch so far -but I am pretty confident we will add some other worthy players.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
i miss adam the bull because at wfan he was the only host who knew and actually followed st. john's basketball not like some alum who hosts from 1:05-6:30 hint hint.  ;D