Cincinnati Game Discussion

• 57 replies
Re: Cincinnati Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 04:53:54 AM »
Dunlap comes with a great pedigree, but I'd fire his ass tomorrow.

Ummmmm, why??

Anyways, tonight was horrific in terms of effort. Dunlap seems to have alluded to that in post game press conference. The effort and focus just wasn't there. Good for coach to take blame for that. Moe and D'Angelo were nonexistant, the help defense was ATROCIOUS and so was the ball handling and decision making. Attitudes need to get right.

By the way, the crowd tonight was flat out AWFUL. And I don't even want to hear people blaming the student section for this. They were the ONLY ones making noise. The rest of the crowd was so silent you would think it was the opera. I was yelling (mostly out of frustration) for a good portion of the second half. The people in front of me were upset about it, but you know what?? I really don't care. This is a basketball game, and you can sit on your hands if you want but don't hate on those of us who want to go a bit wild.  And don't get upset at the student section, who is the lone section of people who actually DO make noise. Time for our alumni and non-student section fans to get up off their a$$ and do their part to create an environment.

Nice.  Happy birthday MJ.

kjd01067

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 05:32:44 AM »
The thing that I loved about this team was no matter how bad a game got they never quit.  Guys flat out quit tonight.  Moe dogged it the last 10 minutes it was disgusting.  I can deal with losing but quiting ... I have given up the optimism the program is a mess right now.

Ridiculous post.

Please Marillac tell me why it is ridiculous.  Go back and watch the last 10 mins of the game.  Moe played like he couldn't give a shit. Just hung his head and didn't give the slightest amount of effort.  Walked back on D and flat out quit.  We got embarrassed and outside of 1 or 2 guys the team packed it in and quit.  As far as the program it is a joke right now.  We are a laughing stock.  Step back and look at it.  Malik was a crappy bball player but it looks horrible that another guy left and is just going to help the negative recruiting.  I would love for you to tell me how I am being ridiculous.  Maybe you could tell us about some Juco players while you're at it, or analyze some highlight tapes or maybe tell us about how you're going to see a recruit in one of the seven states you live in.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:29:07 AM by kjd01067 »

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 05:44:44 AM »
The thing that I loved about this team was no matter how bad a game got they never quit.  Guys flat out quit tonight.  Moe dogged it the last 10 minutes it was disgusting.  I can deal with losing but quiting ... I have given up the optimism the program is a mess right now.

Ridiculous post.

Please Marillac tell me why it is ridiculous.  Go back and watch the last 10 mins of the game.  Moe played like he couldn't give a shit. Just hung his head and didn't give the slightest amount of effort.  Walked back on D and flat out quit.  We got embarrassed and outside of 1 or 2 guys the team packed it in and quit.  As far as the program it is a joke right now.  We are a laughing stock.  Step back and look at it.  Mali was a crappy bball player but it looks horrible that another guy left and is just going to help the negative recruiting.  I would love for you to tell me how I am being ridiculous.  Maybe you could tell us about some Juno players while you're at it, or analyze some highlight tapes or maybe tell us about how you're going to see a recruit in one of the seven states you live in.

Like I said, I only caught the last few mins. But from stats it looks like Pointer was busting his hump. 7 rebs,4 fouls

TONYD3

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 07:49:55 AM »
I don't know what happened the last 8 minutes, I left the game ( i never leave early) and the bar in penn. Station  had NY's team playing Georgetown on.

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 09:03:24 AM »

Ridiculous post.

Please Marillac tell me why it is ridiculous.  Go back and watch the last 10 mins of the game.  Moe played like he couldn't give a shit. Just hung his head and didn't give the slightest amount of effort.  Walked back on D and flat out quit.  We got embarrassed and outside of 1 or 2 guys the team packed it in and quit.  As far as the program it is a joke right now.  We are a laughing stock.  Step back and look at it.  Malik was a crappy bball player but it looks horrible that another guy left and is just going to help the negative recruiting.  I would love for you to tell me how I am being ridiculous.  Maybe you could tell us about some Juco players while you're at it, or analyze some highlight tapes or maybe tell us about how you're going to see a recruit in one of the seven states you live in.

Because these kids expected to win just because they beat Cincy on the road.  No matter how many different times or how many different ways you tell freshman that things will be different in a conference rematch, they won't understand it.  Now they know.  In conference it's damn hard for any team to get a sweep.  It's almost like the losing team has an advantage irrespective of where the game is played because they will adjust while the winning team will look to replicate what they did in the first meeting. 

My problem is with your negativity about the status of the program. 

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 09:17:01 AM »

Ridiculous post.

Because these kids expected to win just because they beat Cincy on the road.  No matter how many different times or how many different ways you tell freshman that things will be different in a conference rematch, they won't understand it.  Now they know.  In conference it's damn hard for any team to get a sweep.  It's almost like the losing team has an advantage irrespective of where the game is played because they will adjust while the winning team will look to replicate what they did in the first meeting. 

Marillac, if youre getting your ass handed to you at home by a good 25 points, would you have 2 fouls playing 35 mins?

Dan

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 09:26:24 AM »
Losing by 20 to Syracuse is one thing.  No excuse for this one.

Marillac

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »

Ridiculous post.

Marillac, if youre getting your ass handed to you at home by a good 25 points, would you have 2 fouls playing 35 mins?

This game was over before it began.  I really believe these kids chalked up a W and then didn't know what the f happened to them at the under 12 tv time out.  By that point it was too late.  Sweeps in this league are hard earned and very rare.  Cincy prepared and played like they had something  to prove.   Our kids played like they were entitled to the sweep.  Case closed.

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »

Ridiculous post.

This game was over before it began.  I really believe these kids chalked up a W and then didn't know what the f happened to them at the under 12 tv time out.  By that point it was too late.  Sweeps in this league are hard earned and very rare.  Cincy prepared and played like they had something  to prove.   Our kids played like they were entitled to the sweep.  Case closed.

My opinion, another teammate quit and these kids were lost. Which is expected, I'd be the same.

derk

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2012, 09:58:39 AM »

Ridiculous post.

I agree with both of you. I thought , for the first time this year, they quit. Maybe it was just too much to process the Stith departure. Not enough time to understand the why's and wherefore's. I think they had a case of " the sky is falling" syndrome. And it showed. Up to Lavin & staff to defeat this cancer before it spreads.

OTOH, to say the program is a mess is not even close to accurate. Stuff happens. What it boils down to is do you have enough confidence in the leadsers of this program to handle this crisis. Yes the kids will have to dig even deeper to salvage the remainder of the season. But the real question is do you or don't you have faith in this staff to handle this crisis. This isn't Norm. How quickly you forget.

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2012, 10:01:45 AM »

Ridiculous post.

I agree with both of you. I thought , for the first time this year, they quit. Maybe it was just too much to process the Stith departure. Not enough time to understand the why's and wherefore's. I think they had a case of " the sky is falling" syndrome. And it showed. Up to Lavin & staff to defeat this cancer before it spreads.

OTOH, to say the program is a mess is not even close to accurate. Stuff happens. What it boils down to is do you have enough confidence in the leadsers of this program to handle this crisis. Yes the kids will have to dig even deeper to salvage the remainder of the season. But the real question is do you or don't you have faith in this staff to handle this crisis. This isn't Norm. How quickly you forget.

Great post right here.

"What it boils down to is do you have enough confidence in the leadsers of this program to handle this crisis"

kjd01067

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2012, 10:07:29 AM »
I agree with derk and Baldi.  I have confidence that Lavin will fix the problems,  but I don't see how you could look at the program as it is right now and not say wow things have gotten a little out of hand.  All the events taken as single events are nothing to write home about. (I.e. Stith leaving the team is not a big deal).  But when you stand back and look at the events of the last few months as a whole we have a mess on our hands.  I think Lavin can fix it but Geez to sit there and say everything is under control is a bit of a push for me.

redslope

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
One word describes last nights game---Regression

PS the way the Garden was last night shows why we usually play these guys at Carnesecca; crowd size was a large as it was because of the addition of the Battle of Brooklyn in the night cap (St Francis and LIU playing for 1st place in the NEC)

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »
Dunlap comes with a great pedigree, but I'd fire his ass tomorrow.

Ummmmm, why??

Anyways, tonight was horrific in terms of effort. Dunlap seems to have alluded to that in post game press conference. The effort and focus just wasn't there. Good for coach to take blame for that. Moe and D'Angelo were nonexistant, the help defense was ATROCIOUS and so was the ball handling and decision making. Attitudes need to get right.

By the way, the crowd tonight was flat out AWFUL. And I don't even want to hear people blaming the student section for this. They were the ONLY ones making noise. The rest of the crowd was so silent you would think it was the opera. I was yelling (mostly out of frustration) for a good portion of the second half. The people in front of me were upset about it, but you know what?? I really don't care. This is a basketball game, and you can sit on your hands if you want but don't hate on those of us who want to go a bit wild.  And don't get upset at the student section, who is the lone section of people who actually DO make noise. Time for our alumni and non-student section fans to get up off their a$$ and do their part to create an environment.
You don't want to hear people blame the student section? What student section? Oh yeah the 12 students out of a school of 15,000. All I heard for excuses was the out of town students were on intersession. Well are they back yet? What a joke. Look I was a student from 72-76 and been a season ticket holder since. The student support in terms of numbers sucked when I was in school and has sucked ever since.

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »
Was at the garden last night and a Met game broke out. Only good news is I will never have to watch Malik play again. Paying money to watch him play made me feel like I was prostituting myself.

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2012, 02:10:39 PM »
+3or4

Marillac

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2012, 06:24:21 PM »
+3or4

You are referring to the # of handles you have on this site, right.  Just seeing your name on a post puts me in a bad mood.

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »
+3or4

You are referring to the # of handles you have on this site, right.  Just seeing your name on a post puts me in a bad mood.

Marillac, you need to man up. Ive been geting attacked for years, but Baldi is still standing