recruiting question

• 9 replies
recruiting question
« on: February 10, 2012, 07:34:27 PM »
how are the assistant coaches doing with respect to recruiting?  did they bring in any of the current players?  and are they currently involved with any of the current targets?  it seems to me like its all Lavin.  Thanks.

Re: recruiting question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »
how are the assistant coaches doing with respect to recruiting?  did they bring in any of the current players?  and are they currently involved with any of the current targets?  it seems to me like its all Lavin.  Thanks.

Yes Tony Chiles was directly involved with bringing in many of our current players along with Lavin. I dont remember exactly who Chiles was responsible for bringing in but he had a major impact

Moose

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
For the most part its Lavin and Chiles on the road.  Rico to a lesser extent but Rico and Dunlap are usually working the players the most.  That being said I've seen Rico on the road.  It's pretty rare to hear Dunlap is on the road.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »
What does Mo Hicks do? Was he brouoght in to recruit locally? As an X and O guy?

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »
What does Mo Hicks do? Was he brouoght in to recruit locally? As an X and O guy?
I have been wondering the same thing.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 01:10:32 PM »

He was brought in to be our DOBO

Moose

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 01:44:01 PM »
I have been wondering the same thing.

He can not actively recruit.  DOBO's cannot.
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 04:41:38 PM »

He came in to further his career. If guys move on he'll move up. Or he'll move to a local assistant spot opening.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »

Every Dobo's exactly responsibilities vary but they are generally responsible for scheduling, hotels, practice times, etc. They make sure everything is where it should be when it should be.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 09:40:39 PM »
Thanks